Season 10, How Do You Feel?

narcx.3570

So, now that we're ankle deep into s10, I gotta ask those of you who are still queueing Rev... Is there anybody else in any of your matches that you still have any respect for? Like even a little?

I saw a sword ele making it work in one game, and that made me happy... But that's about it.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> Played 3 games with a total of 7 scourges on the enemy teams, don't feel like playing any more.

Have you tried dropping your staff for hammer in those double scourge games? It's pretty unstoppable unless they have a very competent thief or mirage... But even then, if their thief/mirage has to babysit the team fight to stop you from murdering their scourges, then they're not doing their job roaming and decapping.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > Played 3 games with a total of 7 scourges on the enemy teams, don't feel like playing any more.

>

> Have you tried dropping your staff for hammer in those double scourge games? It's pretty unstoppable unless they have a very competent thief or mirage... But even then, if their thief/mirage has to babysit the team fight to stop you from murdering their scourges, then they're not doing their job roaming and decapping.

I tried hammer a bit last season but didn't really get nice results. It is better against scourge sure, but worse against everything else. Also while teammates are already salty when they get a rev on their team, realizing it is a hammer rev results in even worse vitriol. Plus enemy team had at least one thief all three games.

Started this season playing hammer/sword+axe, 60% wins in the classificatory matches, so I do start in low gold. Is better vs scourges and maybe Mirages than the mele build, but probably worse vs the other characters. The timming is different, everything is slower and more telegraphed but the area damage is great and if the enemy makes the mistake of disdain you a beautiful pile of corpses ends blooming in the skirmishes. I don't think that is competitive, but at least is a change.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> Started this season playing hammer/sword+axe, 60% wins in the classificatory matches, so I do start in low gold. Is better vs scourges and maybe Mirages than the mele build, but probably worse vs the other characters. The timming is different, everything is slower and more telegraphed but the area damage is great and if the enemy makes the mistake of disdain you a beautiful pile of corpses ends blooming in the skirmishes. I don't think that is competitive, but at least is a change.

I don't think it's less competitive than going staff, it's just different for different matchups. You still play the same with sword/sword and +1'ing people into oblivion... It's just that instead of having the staff to swap to for stalling people/covering your disengage, you have hammer to ruin their scourges' gameplan hard and power cleave team fight clusters. It's just about thinking which is going to be more useful to you and your team before the game starts. Like, if they have double scourge and we have somebody who can do the roaming I almost always do it... Unless I recognize the other team's roamer and know that they're good and going to hunt me. Conversely, if my team's all scourges, firebrands, and other team fighters, I'll almost always go staff cuz I know I'm going to be doing the bulk of the decapping.

I feel that i cant really pressure most classes with my rev.

Since POF release i dropped out of platin into gold 2/3.

I feel like other classes can easily outsustain my sword 3, Axe 5, Staff 5. If they dont dodge it or go into invis/invu they interrupt my sword 3 due to it's slow cast time.

I only feel compfortable vs passive/bad scourges, guards and average warriors. Holosmith and eles are frustrating cause they can go into invu 2 times + massive heal + tons of dodges (ele) while they do the same amount of dmg with an extra of cc (holo).

Druid, Mirage, Thief are the most awful matchups.

If you can predict the mirage skills it may can work ... but druid has too much mobility/invis/tankyness and pet dmg - he simply outsustain you and it's hard to kill him before that happens.

> @"wwDefuser.2056" said:

> I feel that i cant really pressure most classes with my rev.

> I feel like other classes can easily outsustain my sword 3, Axe 5, Staff 5. If they dont dodge it or go into invis/invu they interrupt my sword 3 due to it's slow cast time.

Using sword instead of axe helps a lot with this, both it's skills do an absolute ridiculous amount of damage... And while good players will almost always dodge the 2nd hit on sw5 (even if you're covering it with quickness), that's one more thing you're forcing a mandatory evade on which frees up other abilities to land. It also helps a lot vs druids since it's another entangle breaker.

I mean, yeah, if all you care about is getting to legendary or tournaments there's certainly stronger picks. But I'm pretty content sticking with my Rev and just chilling in plat, chipping away at my pip track over the course of the season. Waaaaaay more enjoyable than try harding and having to deal with all the matchmaking drama.

Ranking sucked....seems like everyone was playing necro met guard to get their rank and every opposing team was 2 necros plus 2 men or 2 guard. Thus I entered into S2. Matchmaking seems more even in the tiers (though I'm only S3 right now).

Hardest counter for me is a good thief...cause their initiative gens faster than my energy and their 1-5 doesn't compete with 6-0 for resources. A good mirage also gives me trouble...have to constantly cycle through the clones to find the right one. But I've been able to 1v1 the 'meta' builds. If its a good person playing its a bit tougher and one mistake will cost you. But once again, I'm only S3.