Triple Trouble

Tom.6478

I thought I would put this up.

If you are like me....I tried it but it was almost useless back in the day. It took too much coordination and most ( me ) had no idea what to do.

Maybe 2 weeks ago, someone put in chat that there would be a coordinated effort at 10:00PM central time.

I thought....ok...will give it a try.

Well glade I did. The commanders were excellent. They gave a through explanation as what to do.

There are many achievement points to get here, let alone loot.

Read up on wiki as to what to do, follow commanders directions, and you will succeed.

Best time is 10:00PM....get there 1/2 hour before it start's and listen to commanders....

Have fun........

There are guilds out there that does organized runs on this (and other bosses) daily or so, just look up their websites to find when they run, and be on the map about 30 min early. Most of them also teaches and helps out, think most run voice com, but some also teaches in text. Unfortunately I never remember the names of those guilds myself, so someone else have to add that bit.

Guessing they also use LFG, but other than that, and being lucky getting into a map, it can be really hard to get a TT clear. Which I do consider to be a somewhat bad design, but not sure how I'd fix/deal with it, it is a consequence of MegaServer that splits up the population (minor bad, generally MegaServer is a good thing).

> @"akenoyuki.8210" said:

> My **Rule of Thumb** when doing Triple Trouble:

>

> 1. Check the LFG 20-30 minutes before Triple Trouble starts

> 2. (NA) If you see [TTS] or [EVOS] doing the meta -> Join and follow commander words -> enjoy the loot

> 3. If not, wait till the next Triple Trouble meta event

> 4. Repeat

Agreed; this is the method I used to get my achievements. I've seen it done by PUGs, but not often. Like most map-wide meta events, success requires coordination across multiple groups, each with its own set of mechanics. These aren't particularly more difficult than Chak Gherent or Dragons Stand, but because people don't have to farm this one, the chances are that most PUGs show up without much experience in how to do it. TD & DS metas also fail in those circumstances, but it's less common because in a random assortment of attendees, there's usually a strong enough core of people who can make it happen.

Although, to be fair, the scaling on TT is less favorable, i.e. it takes a bigger core to succeed at TT than TD or DS. TD can be done with only 5-6 experienced per squad, DS needs just a bit more, but TT seems to need closer to 10+ experienced & 5-10 newbies with the right skills.