What two trait lines will you use with Weaver at launch?

juno.1840

For PVE I go fire + air or fire + arcana to maximize the dmg output (either with grieving or sinister gear) and for PVP I would go water+arcana (with carrion amu), both d/d builds as the sword feels very underpowered compared to dagger and honestly I don't see how 1st skill chains fit the ele/weaver at all (we are casters, not soldiers). Anyway, this is my go to atm.

This is the Fire+Earth build I'm eager to try first... hybrid all the way with lots of damage boosts: [gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e")

+60% burn and bleed duration if actively switching elements. Lots of +damage and crits for the power side as well.

> @juno.1840 said:

> This is the Fire+Earth build I'm eager to try first... hybrid all the way with lots of damage boosts: [gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e")

>

> +60% burn and bleed duration if actively switching elements. Lots of +damage and crits for the power side as well.

I understand the earth trait line but why do u go master's fortitude for PVE, will u solo a raid? 17-18k hp is more than enough, considering u have a lot of toughness also and weakness on dual attacks + 7% crit chance on weakened foes will be a better overall option. Also, Signet of Earth instead of stone resonance - 5 bleed stacks each 20 sec, 180 toughness and 18 more Condi dmg xD, no?

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > @juno.1840 said:

> > This is the Fire+Earth build I'm eager to try first... hybrid all the way with lots of damage boosts: [gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4CmNAM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8DgHAQg7PMq6POfCAaUJ4+aByXHApAyTnG-e")

> >

> > +60% burn and bleed duration if actively switching elements. Lots of +damage and crits for the power side as well.

>

> I understand the earth trait line but why do u go master's fortitude for PVE, will u solo a raid? 17-18k hp is more than enough, considering u have a lot of toughness also and weakness on dual attacks + 7% crit chance on weakened foes will be a better overall option. Also, Signet of Earth instead of stone resonance - 5 bleed stacks each 20 sec, 180 toughness and 18 more Condi dmg xD, no?

Superior Elements seemed lack-luster with a 10s cooldown. Also Master's Fortitude provides the most +vit when running hybrid since it takes from both power and condition damage -- although I should back that statement up with some math (which I'm too lazy to do at the moment). Also Vitality feeds the Magnanimous Tuning Crystal :).

Agreed on Signet of Earth, but I'm also toying with swapping in Twist of Fate.

Revised build: [gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5i9NAmNAM5iFBA7+VHrv1BBgQ5DYIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8bU1fA4BA0oSQnPBA5rDIw9H2XLApAyTnG-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5i9NAmNAM5iFBA7+VHrv1BBgQ5DYIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8bU1fA4BA0oSQnPBA5rDIw9H2XLApAyTnG-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5i9NAmNAM5iFBA7+VHrv1BBgQ5DYIGsDKCA-jBSBABlp8bU1fA4BA0oSQnPBA5rDIw9H2XLApAyTnG-e")

The amount of toughness with earth + signet and the vitality from Master's Fortitude is pretty sick. I would consider giving up my Celestial gear and switching to Griever. I don't like pure glass but the traits and utilities are tanking me up a bit.

> @Kodiak.3281 said:

> Fire Arcane for PvE.

>

> I'm willing to try Fire/Water or Air/Water for WvW. The unravel hexes thing killed trying Fire/Air in WvW. I'm predicting however that Tempest will still end up dominating WvW.

I think that in the near future they will update Unravel Hexes (or whatever the new name is atm) so it clears condis without being in water. It is only fair to do so. Not that water doesn't give dmg boost too. I even say that fire+water+weaver will be a raid meta. But making Unravel Hexes not depend on water will unlock so much more builds. Note that this is for PvP/WvW. I am not familiar with the new enemies and content but I don't think you will need so heavy condi clearing in PVE