Can't Access HoT After Purchase

I purchased HoT after completing PoF. It came on a DVD-ROM. When I run the install program, it opens the GW2 sign-on window but apparently does nothing else. I can sign in normally, but HoT is still marked as locked in my Story Journal. I submitted a ticket on this issue January 20 and have had only automated responses. Anybody else have ideas?

Did you apply the Serial Key (that should have been included in the physical box) to your account on the 'My Account' page (accessed via the link below)? Nothing needs to be downloaded or installed, as the client has all files necessary whenever it is updated from a patch.

If you did not receive a Serial Key, you should contact the retailer from which you purchased Heart of Thorns.

Good luck.

Since you already had the GW2-client on your PC (obviously since you said you completed PoF) the DVD or any install program won't change anything. The client downloads all data (off all expansions), no matter what kind of account (free, core, PoF, HoT) you have. The important thing in this case is the code/serial-number which should have come with the DVD (if there was none...). This code can be added at https://account.arena.net/login.

Edit: Both post above mine already said anything important, seems i was to slow at writing the answer again.