Chronomancer and SoI (Signet of Inspiration)

Handi.1685

I think the root of the problem of Mesmer is SoI (Signet of Inspiration), because with this highest level support ability what no other class/ profession has, with this Chrono is unbeatable support .

Quickness and alacrity is rightfully belong to Chrono , but with SoI Chrono overwrite every future quickness, boonshare or existing for example firebrand class/ profession .

This only shrink the raid support/ tank diversity to only one class , so NO Chrono , NO raid , or many min wait on LFG until someone come .

If SoI will be redesigned it can give space to other class/ profession to fill the quickness support/tank role, and it can help future mesmer specs to orient different paths like power dps or other kind of support class/ profession.

Lets not forget Chrono is one of the best alacrity support, alacrity "need" for many high level content raid etc , it will always have place there ( ok until Anet make better ) .

My SoI redesign idea is this :

1st since mesmer has condi support , but no power passive part 100 or less, or more power (for damage bost) , active X% extra damage to Mesmer and allies .

2d passive same like before , but active X second boon duration increase similar like Sand Squall (tempest warhorn skill 4) , ofc with well- balanced circumstances

Finaly : Maybe i ll get many hate for this post , but im curious to hear everyone opinion including the Devs . :)

It's been proven that (on several raid bosses, or even fractals) quickness firebrand and alacrity renegade perform better than chrono+dps since they both bring personal dps along with buffs (chrono just has superior CC). It's just that players are too lazy to try anything new.

Even if they don't perform better everywhere, difference is so small that it shouldn't matter in a pug group.

Yeah, OP is wrong on pretty much every possible level here. SoI does nothing uniquely powerful that makes chrono particularly strong. It's an essential part of the quickness rotation obviously, but so is well of action. The fact that SoI also copies other boons is more of a useful add-on than a specific strong benefit, mainly because of how useless it is for might.

The reason that chrono is strong is that it provides both quickness and alacrity in the same class that also can tank effectively and singlehandedly take care of many raid mechanics. You have 1 (well, 2 people) who provide quickness, alacrity, tanking, heavy breakbar cc, pulls as necessary, aegis (once distortion), boon stripping, and reflects. This is particularly nice for less-organized groups because it means all they need to do is find a good tank chrono and the vast majority of raid complexity is taken care of.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> It's been proven that (on several raid bosses, or even fractals) quickness firebrand and alacrity renegade perform better than chrono+dps since they both bring personal dps along with buffs (chrono just has superior CC). It's just that players are too lazy to try anything new.

>

> Even if they don't perform better everywhere, difference is so small that it shouldn't matter in a pug group.

The funy thing i always felt more confident, when i tanked with DH or gard , btw post wasn t made because i favor gard over Mesmer it is on the contrary.

thank you for the response.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> Yeah, OP is wrong on pretty much every possible level here. SoI does nothing uniquely powerful that makes chrono particularly strong. It's an essential part of the quickness rotation obviously, but so is well of action. The fact that SoI also copies other boons is more of a useful add-on than a specific strong benefit, mainly because of how useless it is for might.

>

> The reason that chrono is strong is that it provides both quickness and alacrity in the same class that also can tank effectively and singlehandedly take care of many raid mechanics. You have 1 (well, 2 people) who provide quickness, alacrity, tanking, heavy breakbar cc, pulls as necessary, aegis (once distortion), boon stripping, and reflects. This is particularly nice for less-organized groups because it means all they need to do is find a good tank chrono and the vast majority of raid complexity is taken care of.

Yes and sorry i forgot CC part and some other, it was a misstake, my intention wasn t to mislead others.

My intention was maybe with some changes next spec can be more power oriented , because the way i see there only one path for future mesmer spec is condition, don t say it is bad but trying out new ways is good as well . And the part mesmer(Chrono) will always serve others , is a bit disappointing.

But it is true Dev team did a realy good job with this class , and this made it indispensable.

thank you for the response