Warrior swords

Flauvious.6195

What are warriors swords even trying to be? main hand sword has condi on auto and then two meh power damage skills. It's used soley for its auto attack and burst skill in pve because warrior has no better main hand condi weapon. In pvp it's useless. And then there's oh sword, which might be the single worst weapon in the game. Both skills are clunky as hell and miss half the time, and even if they do land they do basically no damage. It seems like oh sword has been the same forever, why does this weapon even exist if it is just a noob trap for people who want to duel wield swords. What kind of changes would make this less bad?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sword 3 can hit hard, its a great finisher for up to 3 lower health targets.

The animation is very pronounced and slow but when you connect its great, 10k hits are common. I like to run quickness with it to really help with connecting the hit.

There is also great synergy with Shield 4 and Sword 3, again quickness really makes this a decent 2 skill combo.

On my SB I run S/SH with D/D, I get a great combo going with Dagger 3/4 and Sword 3/Shield 4. I love having the strong burst potential with with regular attacks.

Because of the highly telegraphed nature of sword 3, I feel its high risk but high reward and that does feel balanced.

Now the rest of the sword skills do need work I agree completely. Sword F1 is a big disappointment for me at least. I would like to see a powerful but quick sword chop that comes straight down onto a enemies skull. Something devastating but worthy of a F1 burst. The current F1 sucks.

> @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> Sword 3 only makes sense if the Sword 1, 2, and F1 could actually get people low enough to trigger it. It has 0 synergy with Sword MH, much less Sword OH.

>

> The better trigger mechanic for Sword 3 would be bleed+torment count, or just number of stacks of conditions.

Not to mention that the cast time/animation is so slow it is probably a DPS loss from just auto-attacking for more Bleed stacks. If you look at raid rotations for the classic Condi Bannerboi they all skip it.

The biggest problem with Sword (and the Arms traitline) is that they want to be hybrid - and that loses out against dedicated Power or Condi.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Sword being turned into a pure Condi weapon.

Edit: and yeah, the Burst sucks. They need to remove the self-root from it like with its Primal version so that the entire cast isn’t wasted just because you had your tippy toe in the boss AoE and had to move and cancel it..!

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > Sword 3 only makes sense if the Sword 1, 2, and F1 could actually get people low enough to trigger it. It has 0 synergy with Sword MH, much less Sword OH.

> >

> > The better trigger mechanic for Sword 3 would be bleed+torment count, or just number of stacks of conditions.

>

>

> Not to mention that the cast time/animation is so slow it is probably a DPS loss from just auto-attacking for more Bleed stacks. If you look at raid rotations for the classic Condi Bannerboi they all skip it.

>

> The biggest problem with Sword (and the Arms traitline) is that they want to be hybrid - and that loses out against dedicated Power or Condi.

>

> I wouldn’t mind seeing the Sword being turned into a pure Condi weapon.

>

> Edit: and yeah, the Burst sucks. They need to remove the self-root from it like with its Primal version so that the entire cast isn’t wasted just because you had your tippy toe in the boss AoE and had to move and cancel it..!

>

Pleas don’t turn it to a pure condi weapon, i love power swordsman build since launch and this is why i made a spellbreaker roaming power build with gs/sword dagger.

Its a good hybrid main hand as you can make it work as condi build with torch, power build with axe OH or dagger OH.

I think something like "do bonus power damage based on the number of bleed stacks, capped at your condition damage" would be a good Sword Hybrid Mechanic for its Burst skill.

Aka say this bonus power damage is a .5 ratio (across all hits). A stat spread without any condition damage would do no bonus damage. At full might, You'd do 1500 damage, as 3000 power times .5 is 1500, but the 750 condition cap forces it down to 750.

Then add a Power Ratio to bleeds (just a small ratio, subtract 1000 from power first since it has a base).

Final Thrust can trigger based off bleed+torment stack count, rather than 50% health.

Sword 4 needs a rework, but I don't know if what it should be. A jank projectile leading into Rip doesn't make any sense.

Sword 5 is good, but needs help connecting and some power damage.

> @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> I think something like "do bonus power damage based on the number of bleed stacks, capped at your condition damage" would be a good Sword Hybrid Mechanic for its Burst skill.

>

> Aka say this bonus power damage is a .5 ratio (across all hits). A stat spread without any condition damage would do no bonus damage. At full might, You'd do 1500 damage, as 3000 power times .5 is 1500, but the 750 condition cap forces it down to 750.

>

> Then add a Power Ratio to bleeds (just a small ratio, subtract 1000 from power first since it has a base).

>

> Final Thrust can trigger based off bleed+torment stack count, rather than 50% health.

>

> Sword 4 needs a rework, but I don't know if what it should be. A jank projectile leading into Rip doesn't make any sense.

>

> Sword 5 is good, but needs help connecting and some power damage.

Your suggestion to sword 3 is a huge nerf.

It works great as hybrid because pure condi build and pure power build can works well with sword MH, and it is also used as a mobility weapon as well, that’s exactly why both condi/power build use it. Adjust sword towards more condi based will hurt warrior mobilty as a whole.

What sword needs is a rework of burst, slightly reduce cast time and increase reach on sword 3, then it is a perfect weapon.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > I think something like "do bonus power damage based on the number of bleed stacks, capped at your condition damage" would be a good Sword Hybrid Mechanic for its Burst skill.

> >

> > Aka say this bonus power damage is a .5 ratio (across all hits). A stat spread without any condition damage would do no bonus damage. At full might, You'd do 1500 damage, as 3000 power times .5 is 1500, but the 750 condition cap forces it down to 750.

> >

> > Then add a Power Ratio to bleeds (just a small ratio, subtract 1000 from power first since it has a base).

> >

> > Final Thrust can trigger based off bleed+torment stack count, rather than 50% health.

> >

> > Sword 4 needs a rework, but I don't know if what it should be. A jank projectile leading into Rip doesn't make any sense.

> >

> > Sword 5 is good, but needs help connecting and some power damage.

>

> Your suggestion to sword 3 is a huge nerf.

>

> It works great as hybrid because pure condi build and pure power build can works well with sword MH, and it is also used as a mobility weapon as well, that’s exactly why both condi/power build use it. Adjust sword towards more condi based will hurt warrior mobilty as a whole.

>

> What sword needs is a rework of burst, slightly reduce cast time and increase reach on sword 3, then it is a perfect weapon.

Reworking it towards a condi weapon will solidify it as a condi weapon. Lets be clear, that is a GOOD thing. Especially since the damage on berzerker sword is 44.59% bleeding, 45% burning, and 7% actual sword skill damage.

> @"FrostDraco.8306" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > I think something like "do bonus power damage based on the number of bleed stacks, capped at your condition damage" would be a good Sword Hybrid Mechanic for its Burst skill.

> > >

> > > Aka say this bonus power damage is a .5 ratio (across all hits). A stat spread without any condition damage would do no bonus damage. At full might, You'd do 1500 damage, as 3000 power times .5 is 1500, but the 750 condition cap forces it down to 750.

> > >

> > > Then add a Power Ratio to bleeds (just a small ratio, subtract 1000 from power first since it has a base).

> > >

> > > Final Thrust can trigger based off bleed+torment stack count, rather than 50% health.

> > >

> > > Sword 4 needs a rework, but I don't know if what it should be. A jank projectile leading into Rip doesn't make any sense.

> > >

> > > Sword 5 is good, but needs help connecting and some power damage.

> >

> > Your suggestion to sword 3 is a huge nerf.

> >

> > It works great as hybrid because pure condi build and pure power build can works well with sword MH, and it is also used as a mobility weapon as well, that’s exactly why both condi/power build use it. Adjust sword towards more condi based will hurt warrior mobilty as a whole.

> >

> > What sword needs is a rework of burst, slightly reduce cast time and increase reach on sword 3, then it is a perfect weapon.

>

> Reworking it towards a condi weapon will solidify it as a condi weapon. Lets be clear, that is a GOOD thing. Especially since the damage on berzerker sword is 44.59% bleeding, 45% burning, and 7% actual sword skill damage.

It is already being used as the top dps condi weapon as berserker in RAID, it doesn’t need buff in condi aspect, it is power side of the weapon needs help.

Raid don’t need mobility, but pvp and wvw need it, hurting warrior mobility as a whole will actually put warrior into a bad situation out of pve.

> > @"FrostDraco.8306" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > > I think something like "do bonus power damage based on the number of bleed stacks, capped at your condition damage" would be a good Sword Hybrid Mechanic for its Burst skill.

> > > >

> > > > Aka say this bonus power damage is a .5 ratio (across all hits). A stat spread without any condition damage would do no bonus damage. At full might, You'd do 1500 damage, as 3000 power times .5 is 1500, but the 750 condition cap forces it down to 750.

> > > >

> > > > Then add a Power Ratio to bleeds (just a small ratio, subtract 1000 from power first since it has a base).

> > > >

> > > > Final Thrust can trigger based off bleed+torment stack count, rather than 50% health.

> > > >

> > > > Sword 4 needs a rework, but I don't know if what it should be. A jank projectile leading into Rip doesn't make any sense.

> > > >

> > > > Sword 5 is good, but needs help connecting and some power damage.

> > >

> > > Your suggestion to sword 3 is a huge nerf.

> > >

> > > It works great as hybrid because pure condi build and pure power build can works well with sword MH, and it is also used as a mobility weapon as well, that’s exactly why both condi/power build use it. Adjust sword towards more condi based will hurt warrior mobilty as a whole.

> > >

> > > What sword needs is a rework of burst, slightly reduce cast time and increase reach on sword 3, then it is a perfect weapon.

> >

> > Reworking it towards a condi weapon will solidify it as a condi weapon. Lets be clear, that is a GOOD thing. Especially since the damage on berzerker sword is 44.59% bleeding, 45% burning, and 7% actual sword skill damage.

>

> It is already being used as the top dps condi weapon as berserker in RAID, it doesn’t need buff in condi aspect, it is power side of the weapon needs help.

>

> Raid don’t need mobility, but pvp and wvw need it, hurting warrior mobility as a whole will actually put warrior into a bad situation out of pve.

>

>

In wouldnt hurt mobility unless you wore a power set and had no use for a mobile condi weapon. The solution is to just wear a condi set. DUH. GS is already a highly mobile power weapon. You are grasping at straws.

It makes perfect sence to balance a weapon which is already heavily situated towards condition damage in all its skills, towards conditions. Or rework the weapon entirely.

Also what is this ridiculous notion that buffed the power side of sword wont buff condi warrior? It would be a direct buff simply because it uses the same weapon. It doesnt matter which is buffed, it will still buff the condi build. Or do i need to explain how damage works, and a 'condi build' still uses power damage?

> > > @"FrostDraco.8306" said:

> > > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > > > I think something like "do bonus power damage based on the number of bleed stacks, capped at your condition damage" would be a good Sword Hybrid Mechanic for its Burst skill.

> > > > >

> > > > > Aka say this bonus power damage is a .5 ratio (across all hits). A stat spread without any condition damage would do no bonus damage. At full might, You'd do 1500 damage, as 3000 power times .5 is 1500, but the 750 condition cap forces it down to 750.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then add a Power Ratio to bleeds (just a small ratio, subtract 1000 from power first since it has a base).

> > > > >

> > > > > Final Thrust can trigger based off bleed+torment stack count, rather than 50% health.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sword 4 needs a rework, but I don't know if what it should be. A jank projectile leading into Rip doesn't make any sense.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sword 5 is good, but needs help connecting and some power damage.

> > > >

> > > > Your suggestion to sword 3 is a huge nerf.

> > > >

> > > > It works great as hybrid because pure condi build and pure power build can works well with sword MH, and it is also used as a mobility weapon as well, that’s exactly why both condi/power build use it. Adjust sword towards more condi based will hurt warrior mobilty as a whole.

> > > >

> > > > What sword needs is a rework of burst, slightly reduce cast time and increase reach on sword 3, then it is a perfect weapon.

> > >

> > > Reworking it towards a condi weapon will solidify it as a condi weapon. Lets be clear, that is a GOOD thing. Especially since the damage on berzerker sword is 44.59% bleeding, 45% burning, and 7% actual sword skill damage.

> >

> > It is already being used as the top dps condi weapon as berserker in RAID, it doesn’t need buff in condi aspect, it is power side of the weapon needs help.

> >

> > Raid don’t need mobility, but pvp and wvw need it, hurting warrior mobility as a whole will actually put warrior into a bad situation out of pve.

> >

> >

> In wouldnt hurt mobility unless you wore a power set and had no use for a mobile condi weapon. The solution is to just wear a condi set. DUH. GS is already a highly mobile power weapon. You are grasping at straws.

>

> It makes perfect sence to balance a weapon which is already heavily situated towards condition damage in all its skills, towards conditions. Or rework the weapon entirely.

>

> Also what is this ridiculous notion that buffed the power side of sword wont buff condi warrior? It would be a direct buff simply because it uses the same weapon. It doesnt matter which is buffed, it will still buff the condi build. Or do i need to explain how damage works, and a 'condi build' still uses power damage?

>

Non sense, in which rotation for a condition build will waste time to use a power damage only skill to actually reduce dps? Condition build don’t bother with sword3 seriously, their main damage came from prime burst burn, but sightly buff sword3 like cast time reduction or longer reach will help power build a lot.

Once again it is a weapon suitable for multiple gear type builds, power/condition/hybrid, jack of all trade master of none, and it is the strength of sword.

Move it towards condition will hurt warrior build diversity as well.

sword shield can be a mobility with sustain option instead of gs for power/hybrid/ condition build

High weapon combination and build setup is what makes warrior fun. Even axe can be a condi weapon, my core condition warrior use sword axe LB in wvw. Fire field, bulls charge gain fire shield and knovk down, axe 5, axe 4, F1 is interesting combo and can take foe unexpectedly.

Don’t kill diversity of warrior.

> > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > I think something like "do bonus power damage based on the number of bleed stacks, capped at your condition damage" would be a good Sword Hybrid Mechanic for its Burst skill.

> > >

> > > Aka say this bonus power damage is a .5 ratio (across all hits). A stat spread without any condition damage would do no bonus damage. At full might, You'd do 1500 damage, as 3000 power times .5 is 1500, but the 750 condition cap forces it down to 750.

> > >

> > > Then add a Power Ratio to bleeds (just a small ratio, subtract 1000 from power first since it has a base).

> > >

> > > Final Thrust can trigger based off bleed+torment stack count, rather than 50% health.

> > >

> > > Sword 4 needs a rework, but I don't know if what it should be. A jank projectile leading into Rip doesn't make any sense.

> > >

> > > Sword 5 is good, but needs help connecting and some power damage.

> >

> > Your suggestion to sword 3 is a huge nerf.

> >

> > It works great as hybrid because pure condi build and pure power build can works well with sword MH, and it is also used as a mobility weapon as well, that’s exactly why both condi/power build use it. Adjust sword towards more condi based will hurt warrior mobilty as a whole.

> >

> > What sword needs is a rework of burst, slightly reduce cast time and increase reach on sword 3, then it is a perfect weapon.

>

> Reworking it towards a condi weapon will solidify it as a condi weapon. Lets be clear, that is a GOOD thing. Especially since the damage on berzerker sword is 44.59% bleeding, 45% burning, and 7% actual sword skill damage.

This. As I was saying, hybrid is bad design in this game. Dedicated Condi or Power beats it easily.

Plus, Warrior already have Axe as the Power option, too.

Savage Leap and Final Thrust are fine, the auto,F1, and off hand skills really need some work.

I also use the sword as both Condi and a Power weapon. Not really sure how making it Condi or Power only would help the Warrior out more. Leaving it as a Hybrid and tweaking the skills to better suit each style would be a smarter choice.

> @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> Savage Leap and Final Thrust are fine, the auto,F1, and off hand skills really need some work.

>

> I also use the sword as both Condi and a Power weapon. Not really sure how making it Condi or Power only would help the Warrior out more. Leaving it as a Hybrid and tweaking the skills to better suit each style would be a smarter choice.

>

>

Because the hybrid build isn't good...? Sorry to rain on your parade and stuff, but it really isn't.

Making it a proper Condi weapon, on the other hand, would be immensely beneficial for the one viable end-game PvE build the Warrior actually has.

As mentioned by myself and others, half of the Sword skills aren't used in raids and the like because they LOWER your overall DPS rather than just auto-attacking.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > Savage Leap and Final Thrust are fine, the auto,F1, and off hand skills really need some work.

> >

> > I also use the sword as both Condi and a Power weapon. Not really sure how making it Condi or Power only would help the Warrior out more. Leaving it as a Hybrid and tweaking the skills to better suit each style would be a smarter choice.

> >

> >

>

> Because the hybrid build isn't good...? Sorry to rain on your parade and stuff, but it really isn't.

>

> Making it a proper Condi weapon, on the other hand, would be immensely beneficial for the one viable end-game PvE build the Warrior actually has.

>

> As mentioned by myself and others, half of the Sword skills aren't used in raids and the like because they LOWER your overall DPS rather than just auto-attacking.

This game has 3 game mode and pve is only 1/3 of the game, we cannot make everything every skill carter to pve only. It is working well i 2/3 of game mode by player creativity, condition or power build wise.

Just a slight tune to help power burst and it is a prefect hybrid weapon, why do we need to overhaul something which is working okay? Mace OF and warhorn definitely need that level of Dev attention instead.

Like i said sword is already THE go to weapon for condi berserker build in raid and there is no adjustment needs on conditions aspect.

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > Savage Leap and Final Thrust are fine, the auto,F1, and off hand skills really need some work.

> > >

> > > I also use the sword as both Condi and a Power weapon. Not really sure how making it Condi or Power only would help the Warrior out more. Leaving it as a Hybrid and tweaking the skills to better suit each style would be a smarter choice.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Because the hybrid build isn't good...? Sorry to rain on your parade and stuff, but it really isn't.

> >

> > Making it a proper Condi weapon, on the other hand, would be immensely beneficial for the one viable end-game PvE build the Warrior actually has.

> >

> > As mentioned by myself and others, half of the Sword skills aren't used in raids and the like because they LOWER your overall DPS rather than just auto-attacking.

>

> This game has 3 game mode and pve is only 1/3 of the game, we cannot make everything every skill carter to pve only. It is working well i 2/3 of game mode by player creativity, condition or power build wise.

>

> Just a slight tune to help power burst and it is a prefect hybrid weapon, why do we need to overhaul something which is working okay? Mace OF and warhorn definitely need that level of Dev attention instead.

>

> Like i said sword is already THE go to weapon for condi berserker build in raid and there is no adjustment needs on conditions aspect.

Except in PvP, Power rules.

As I was saying hybrid is inferior in every single way.

The class could only be better off if we actually got a dedicated Condi weapon in the Sword. It would only be a buff to our Condi side without any side-effects other than losing your inferior little build.

Are you really willing to hold the class at large back just for your own sake like that?

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > Savage Leap and Final Thrust are fine, the auto,F1, and off hand skills really need some work.

> > >

> > > I also use the sword as both Condi and a Power weapon. Not really sure how making it Condi or Power only would help the Warrior out more. Leaving it as a Hybrid and tweaking the skills to better suit each style would be a smarter choice.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Because the hybrid build isn't good...? Sorry to rain on your parade and stuff, but it really isn't.

> >

> > Making it a proper Condi weapon, on the other hand, would be immensely beneficial for the one viable end-game PvE build the Warrior actually has.

> >

> > As mentioned by myself and others, half of the Sword skills aren't used in raids and the like because they LOWER your overall DPS rather than just auto-attacking.

>

> This game has 3 game mode and pve is only 1/3 of the game, we cannot make everything every skill carter to pve only. It is working well i 2/3 of game mode by player creativity, condition or power build wise.

>

> Just a slight tune to help power burst and it is a prefect hybrid weapon, why do we need to overhaul something which is working okay? Mace OF and warhorn definitely need that level of Dev attention instead.

>

> Like i said sword is already THE go to weapon for condi berserker build in raid and there is no adjustment needs on conditions aspect.

But it's not good in pvp, the skills deal to little damage. Oh sword seems like a pvp weapon with it's counter attack, but its numbers are to low, and even if they weren't, good luck ever hitting sword 4. That projectile is so wonky and slow the only way you ever land it is if your target is stationary and there is nothing but perfectly flat terrain between you. They're moving? misses. There's a ground elevation between you? Obstructed. There's nothing at all between you? Obstructed. And to land the second half you have to now gap close and slash them. All this for mediocre damage that dagger or axe can exceed much more consistently.

I like the idea of a hybrid pvp weapon but it needs some work before it can be useful for that.

> @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > Savage Leap and Final Thrust are fine, the auto,F1, and off hand skills really need some work.

> > > >

> > > > I also use the sword as both Condi and a Power weapon. Not really sure how making it Condi or Power only would help the Warrior out more. Leaving it as a Hybrid and tweaking the skills to better suit each style would be a smarter choice.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Because the hybrid build isn't good...? Sorry to rain on your parade and stuff, but it really isn't.

> > >

> > > Making it a proper Condi weapon, on the other hand, would be immensely beneficial for the one viable end-game PvE build the Warrior actually has.

> > >

> > > As mentioned by myself and others, half of the Sword skills aren't used in raids and the like because they LOWER your overall DPS rather than just auto-attacking.

> >

> > This game has 3 game mode and pve is only 1/3 of the game, we cannot make everything every skill carter to pve only. It is working well i 2/3 of game mode by player creativity, condition or power build wise.

> >

> > Just a slight tune to help power burst and it is a prefect hybrid weapon, why do we need to overhaul something which is working okay? Mace OF and warhorn definitely need that level of Dev attention instead.

> >

> > Like i said sword is already THE go to weapon for condi berserker build in raid and there is no adjustment needs on conditions aspect.

>

> But it's not good in pvp, the skills deal to little damage. Oh sword seems like a pvp weapon with it's counter attack, but its numbers are to low, and even if they weren't, good luck ever hitting sword 4. That projectile is so wonky and slow the only way you ever land it is if your target is stationary and there is nothing but perfectly flat terrain between you. They're moving? misses. There's a ground elevation between you? Obstructed. There's nothing at all between you? Obstructed. And to land the second half you have to now gap close and slash them. All this for mediocre damage that dagger or axe can exceed much more consistently.

>

> I like the idea of a hybrid pvp weapon but it needs some work before it can be useful for that.

Agree that OH sword is weak, maybe you want to reply the other guy. OH sword is indeed need help.

And i was saying MH sword is a solid mobility choice for both power and condition build. A sword MH can combine with different OF weapon to enhance different aspect.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > Savage Leap and Final Thrust are fine, the auto,F1, and off hand skills really need some work.

> > > >

> > > > I also use the sword as both Condi and a Power weapon. Not really sure how making it Condi or Power only would help the Warrior out more. Leaving it as a Hybrid and tweaking the skills to better suit each style would be a smarter choice.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Because the hybrid build isn't good...? Sorry to rain on your parade and stuff, but it really isn't.

> > >

> > > Making it a proper Condi weapon, on the other hand, would be immensely beneficial for the one viable end-game PvE build the Warrior actually has.

> > >

> > > As mentioned by myself and others, half of the Sword skills aren't used in raids and the like because they LOWER your overall DPS rather than just auto-attacking.

> >

> > This game has 3 game mode and pve is only 1/3 of the game, we cannot make everything every skill carter to pve only. It is working well i 2/3 of game mode by player creativity, condition or power build wise.

> >

> > Just a slight tune to help power burst and it is a prefect hybrid weapon, why do we need to overhaul something which is working okay? Mace OF and warhorn definitely need that level of Dev attention instead.

> >

> > Like i said sword is already THE go to weapon for condi berserker build in raid and there is no adjustment needs on conditions aspect.

>

> Except in PvP, Power rules.

>

> As I was saying hybrid is inferior in every single way.

>

> The class could only be better off if we actually got a dedicated Condi weapon in the Sword. It would only be a buff to our Condi side without any side-effects other than losing your inferior little build.

>

> Are you really willing to hold the class at large back just for your own sake like that?

Core warrior is not about conditions focus since launch, and therefore our first elite spec is a condition based berserker. There are many solid condition weapon choice as berserker, and it goes well with torch off hand.

Longbow is a hybrid weapon as well, lb3 is a pure power aoe skill, lb1 even don’t have conditions without traited, so are you going to suggest to change LB into a pure condition weapon as well?

And actually it is working well for both power and condition build, so as sword MH.

>There are many solid condition weapon choice as berserker

>And actually it is working well for both power and condition build, so as sword MH.

That's a lie and you know it.

It is Sword (with Torch offhand) and Longbow.

There is nothing else.

And Sword isn't taken with Berserker because it is an effective Condi weapon. It is taken because it is the only main hand we got that even remotely resembles a Condi weapon.

As I've said over and over now: the class would only benefit from it actually being turned into a proper Condi weapon.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> >There are many solid condition weapon choice as berserker

> >And actually it is working well for both power and condition build, so as sword MH.

>

>

> That's a lie and you know it.

>

> It is Sword (with Torch offhand) and Longbow.

>

> There is nothing else.

>

> And Sword isn't taken with Berserker because it is an effective Condi weapon. It is taken because it is the only main hand we got that even remotely resembles a Condi weapon.

>

> As I've said over and over now: the class would only benefit from it actually being turned into a proper Condi weapon.

It is taken because of prime burst. There are video on how MH sword works for dps condition build, proofs it works as condition weapon in pve.

On the other hand you can find successful wvw power build with MH sword on YouTube, it is a fact and proof that it also works with power build, wvw involve pvp you said so on the other thread.

There are hard proofs that it works well as a hybrid weapon, it is okay to solid this role for sword MH, rework it towards condition only hurt build diversity as a whole and that’s exactly what actually holding the class back.