Warrior swords

Flauvious.6195

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > ... you do realize “condi Berserker” is a Raid build, right?

>

> You do realise RAID is not the only end game content in the game, right? Condition zerker is a viable raid build, it is not necessary the optimal build, it is viable as long as the build can reach a certain dps benchmark. But it can be a pvp/wvw build as well, i play one in wvw myself.

>

> If all skill are created and balanced with pve point if view, we can take out any mobility, boon removal, teleport, portal from the game since these skills are useless againt RAID boss.

>

> Glad this is not the case in gw2.

9,9 out of 10 cases when someone mentions “Condi Berserker” they are talking about Raids/PvE. On the flip side, nobody really talks about it in regards to PvP because it is all about Power Spellbreaker/Core as those builds are far superior.

Hence my confusion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934"

> > >

> > > No problems with hybrid weapons actually, i personally even play grieving berserker and had my successes with it.

> > > Personally i dont like final thrust on the weapon and would like to see impale because it has better synergy with savage leap and even with the firefield on torch (although this is negligable).

> > > Otherwise i like sword and i do use final thrust because it can easily kill veteran mobs as soon as they hit 30%.

> > > Actually pretty glad that they improve its hybrid functionality, something i would like to see on ranger weapons too (i mean all if them are kinda hybrid and they suffer from this till launch and need improvements including PvE) and i think its a playstyle they should offer more possibilities like adding traits like abyssal chill or deadly chill which would make power weapons more condi heavy. And giving decent power scaling to existing hybrid weapons.

> > >

> > > Could you state what gets improved, i am curious what gets improved on sword.

> >

> > Here you go, these are the buff that are coming patch.

> >

> > Sword Autoattack chain: Increased overall damage by 22% in PvP and WvW

> > Flurry: Increased damage by 71% in PvP and WvW

> > Savage Leap: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW

> > Flaming Flurry: Increased damage by 92% in PvP and WvW

> >

> > All buff are for power damage, I personally want to see cast time reduction on final thrust, maybe a slight increase in range. But i will take what they give us now and see for myself.

>

> Thx.

> They should make many of these buffs baseline in all gamemodes. Its puzzling why they only buff stuff in PvP/WvW, even if they online would bring positive efects and diversity in PvE.

>

Agree, the damage buff should also apply to pve as well, since the buff are not anywhere close to game breaking.

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > @"Crossaber.8934"

> > > >

> > > > No problems with hybrid weapons actually, i personally even play grieving berserker and had my successes with it.

> > > > Personally i dont like final thrust on the weapon and would like to see impale because it has better synergy with savage leap and even with the firefield on torch (although this is negligable).

> > > > Otherwise i like sword and i do use final thrust because it can easily kill veteran mobs as soon as they hit 30%.

> > > > Actually pretty glad that they improve its hybrid functionality, something i would like to see on ranger weapons too (i mean all if them are kinda hybrid and they suffer from this till launch and need improvements including PvE) and i think its a playstyle they should offer more possibilities like adding traits like abyssal chill or deadly chill which would make power weapons more condi heavy. And giving decent power scaling to existing hybrid weapons.

> > > >

> > > > Could you state what gets improved, i am curious what gets improved on sword.

> > >

> > > Here you go, these are the buff that are coming patch.

> > >

> > > Sword Autoattack chain: Increased overall damage by 22% in PvP and WvW

> > > Flurry: Increased damage by 71% in PvP and WvW

> > > Savage Leap: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW

> > > Flaming Flurry: Increased damage by 92% in PvP and WvW

> > >

> > > All buff are for power damage, I personally want to see cast time reduction on final thrust, maybe a slight increase in range. But i will take what they give us now and see for myself.

> >

> > Thx.

> > They should make many of these buffs baseline in all gamemodes. Its puzzling why they only buff stuff in PvP/WvW, even if they online would bring positive efects and diversity in PvE.

> >

>

> Agree, the damage buff should also apply to pve as well, since the buff are not anywhere close to game breaking.

The issue with a lot of the pve community is they will take all the buffs in the world without question. Power creep ruins game play in wvw/pvp. In pve it all it does is allow people to play out their power fantasy and then you get things like post HoT Chorono or Druid(did pretty much everything). However they do not wan't any of the nerfs that go along with the balance changes. Balance is supposed to be about give and take. Which is what the pvp formats need. This is why we have split balance now.

Even though I would love to have MH Sword as a power option for a S/D Spellbreaker build in PvE, I think it should be partially reworked to favor condition-based builds more.

On another note, could someone kindly explain how Flurry is useful in either sPvP/WvW or in PvE? I tried. Truly I did, but it just gave me a headache.

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> Even though I would love to have MH Sword as a power option for a S/D Spellbreaker build in PvE, I think it should be partially reworked to favor condition-based builds more.

>

> On another note, could someone kindly explain how Flurry is useful in either sPvP/WvW or in PvE? I tried. Truly I did, but it just gave me a headache.

Flurry immobilize is deadly if you managed to root somebody when your team push.

i would honestly like to have a skill split for the sword trait. in wvw and pvp give the trait the 20 % bonus crit chance back and keep the trait as it is now for pve. so you could maybe take the arms traitline in wvw and not only have one good trait in there while the rest is garbage (at least when playing with sword that is).

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> i would honestly like to have a skill split for the sword trait. in wvw and pvp give the trait the 20 % bonus crit chance back and keep the trait as it is now for pve. so you could maybe take the arms traitline in wvw and not only have one good trait in there while the rest is garbage (at least when playing with sword that is).

I wanna see the 20% crit chance to add to the existing trait too, sword is still under performed to begin with.

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > Even though I would love to have MH Sword as a power option for a S/D Spellbreaker build in PvE, I think it should be partially reworked to favor condition-based builds more.

> >

> > On another note, could someone kindly explain how Flurry is useful in either sPvP/WvW or in PvE? I tried. Truly I did, but it just gave me a headache.

>

> Flurry immobilize is deadly if you managed to root somebody when your team push.

Would that be an edge case? Hmm. _*Plots his crusade to make Flurry better.*_

In your opinions, would shortening the duration of Flurry, and there by the root duration, be best? Instead, maybe just removing the root entirely , like Flaming Flurry?

Even if mobile, Flurry still is a loss of damage and doesn't setup anything besides a weapon swap.

Those bleeds are 2 seconds. 1 auto attack does 8 seconds of bleeding.

If flurry was instant, 9 stacks of 2 second bleeding would actually be good condi burst.

Of course, like good old burn guard, MH Sword warrior has no cover condis, making Berserker Mace far superior (also way faster). In fact, Skull Grinder easily outperforms Flurry now that I think about it, 3 stacks of bleeding for 6 seconds is 18 seconds worth of bleeding; with 1/5 the cast time, 2 cover conditions, and a 1 second daze (and 300 range).

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > Even though I would love to have MH Sword as a power option for a S/D Spellbreaker build in PvE, I think it should be partially reworked to favor condition-based builds more.

> > >

> > > On another note, could someone kindly explain how Flurry is useful in either sPvP/WvW or in PvE? I tried. Truly I did, but it just gave me a headache.

> >

> > Flurry immobilize is deadly if you managed to root somebody when your team push.

>

> Would that be an edge case? Hmm. _*Plots his crusade to make Flurry better.*_

>

> In your opinions, would shortening the duration of Flurry, and there by the root duration, be best? Instead, maybe just removing the root entirely , like Flaming Flurry?

You asked how it can be useful, and i told you it is deadly but situational doesn’t means i am not up improvements. I want a reduction in channeling time, and remove self root as well.

I tested couple hours of roaming and 10 matched pvp, i found the buffed power damage actually make it also usable especially in duel that self root doesn’t matter much. I use flurry to down couple players in wvw and pvp with pure power build. I used it when they are low on hp after my final thrust and my weapon swap is on CD. The immobilize prevented those player fleeing from my sword AA.

I am rather happy with the damage buff, i think sword could use slight buff but yea, i am happy.

> @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> Even if mobile, Flurry still is a loss of damage and doesn't setup anything besides a weapon swap.

>

> Those bleeds are 2 seconds. 1 auto attack does 8 seconds of bleeding.

>

> If flurry was instant, 9 stacks of 2 second bleeding would actually be good condi burst.

>

> Of course, like good old burn guard, MH Sword warrior has no cover condis, making Berserker Mace far superior (also way faster). In fact, Skull Grinder easily outperforms Flurry now that I think about it, 3 stacks of bleeding for 6 seconds is 18 seconds worth of bleeding; with 1/5 the cast time, 2 cover conditions, and a 1 second daze (and 300 range).

The burn pressure from flaming flurry is more of a threat to player than skull grinder, with torch off hand, a burnzerker can easily stack burn over and over thus exhausting your foe's condition cleanse. Once the condition cleanse is out, your burn will kill them very fast. Yes, skull grinder is better in burst damage, but it is shorter ranger and the core mace version provide no conditions. Skull grinder is a better condition weapon for duel, but flaming flurry can hit multiple foe don't forget that.

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> bro, warrior sword is condition weapon by base design, you can not change that,

> they only buffed its direct damage, because it's damage is just way too low specially for hybrid/can't buff on condition because its decent on berserker

It is a hybrid base. Back in launch, the AA was dealing a lot more power damage because final thrust was the 3rd chain.

There were a lot of posts on forum telling players take sword with zerker power build even in pve because the power side over shadowed condition side as a hybrid weapon. Power was better back in launch because of the 25 stack bleed cap. After final thrust was swapped with sword 3 hamstring and the condition cap removal, the condition side became slightly stronger than power side.

As a result, Anet decided to buff the power side in order to solidify the hybrid nature of sword MH. Go figure.

> > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > bro, warrior sword is condition weapon by base design, you can not change that,

> > they only buffed its direct damage, because it's damage is just way too low specially for hybrid/can't buff on condition because its decent on berserker

>

> It is a hybrid base. Back in launch, the AA was dealing a lot more power damage because final thrust was the 3rd chain.

>

> There were a lot of posts on forum telling players take sword with zerker power build even in pve because the power side over shadowed condition side as a hybrid weapon. Power was better back in launch because of the 25 stack bleed cap. After final thrust was swapped with sword 3 hamstring and the condition cap removal, the condition side became slightly stronger than power side.

>

> As a result, Anet decided to buff the power side in order to solidify the hybrid nature of sword MH. Go figure.

Final thrust on sword AA, ah the good old days. When power builds ruled the game.