FYI: Mac Gaming with External GPU is amazing!

Now with 10.13.2 High Sierra you can game like a PC desktop. I recently hooked up a GTX 1080 Ti to my MacBook pro and was able to run reset night in WvW on very high settings. It's was a major upgrade in game appearance since previously I was on best performance. Check it out!

[i66.tinypic.com/2z5lzb9.png](http://i66.tinypic.com/2z5lzb9.png "i66.tinypic.com/2z5lzb9.png")

http://i66.tinypic.com/2z5lzb9.png

> @"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:

> Thanks for sharing. Could you please give us some more details like:

>

> What kind of enclosure are you using, and did you just plug it into the thunderbolt port and done? Also, a photo of the actual setup would be a plus :-)

I'd also be very interested in more information!

> @"elrin.4750" said:

> Why would ArenaNet fix or upgrade their engine when we all could get a mac!!

>

> Hmm.. maybe if I buy a mac, it will magically solve other peoples FPS issues!!!

I am not sure if you understood it, but he was actually saying Macs are too weak to with their (overpriced) hardware built-in that he had to get external help (which is kinda strange after paying a ridiculous amount of money for a MacBook - I've done that, too, so I know what I am talking about :-) )

I am running a "regular" 1080 on my PC and the bad CPU optimization now bottlenecks. 8 cores, two of them idle. Meh...

I needed a mac for work and the PC/mac argument is so played-out. I just want to play the game, so if you could pump the breaks on your attitude that would be super. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of windows OS either. The card is in a Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box, (Dev supported by OS 10.12 and above) I actually bought it from BizonTech because it came pretty much plug & play once you download the Nvidia drivers and do a little set-up that comes with instructions. I didn't want to screw around with terminal and fussing around. Yes, you could build one yourself for cheaper but I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket. Took me like 20 minutes. It does plug right into the thunderbolt port and you can use the display on the laptop or you could run an external display. I just use the laptop display. I think it's pretty slick actually, I ran reset last night in T1 all night on high setting and it was awesome. I can post a pic tomorrow of my set up.