Grasping Darkness

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grasping_Darkness

Bug: If an enemy is targeted, this skill may fail to activate due to being obstructed, despite no apparent obstruction, and no difficulty hitting the same enemy if the skill was used without a target.

I think reapers would appreciate it if this bug could be solved, this skill fails to activate more often then then i would like.

While we are at it, add 4% life force regeneration as base for activation bonus.

ty in advance

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> Get in line behind the shade obstruced bug.

Actually I think the shade obstruction is a right move.

In PvP context, scourge is currently already pretty OP when teamed with a FB without having the need for extra survivability by kiting behind objects and still having their shades spew out enormous kittens.

Same for WvW I Guess...

Back on topic, grasping darkness is an enormous tool for necros that extends our threat range...if only it hits reliably. So Yes I would love to see changes to this skill.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > Get in line behind the shade obstruced bug.

>

> Actually I think the shade obstruction is a right move.

>

> In PvP context, scourge is currently already pretty OP when teamed with a FB without having the need for extra survivability by kiting behind objects and still having their shades spew out enormous kittens.

> Same for WvW I Guess...

>

> Back on topic, grasping darkness is an enormous tool for necros that extends our threat range...if only it hits reliably. So Yes I would love to see changes to this skill.

Sounds same like "nerf it coz i dont play it..."

Obstructed shades is problem about elevation... once you are like 2milimitres higher.... its obstructed and you will not do any dmg. So its right move, to have skill which doesnt work good... same problem in fractals.... how about we add feature to reaper... once you go shroud and you use any shroud skill it will give dmg to you, not to target.... its right move, coz i dont play reaper.... :D

They just dont want to bomb walls... ok i get it.... but they screw every not flat attack....

And that grasping darkness works also strange.... in theory skill look good till u start using it :/

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> there are many skills that give me cancer because they don't attempt to target my enemy first. also skills that make no sense for example dagger - you have to face target to activate but then you can run away not looking at target.

Dagger2: needs to face target on cast, then can start to kite

Dagger3: can be casted while kiting, but needs to face target at the end of the cast time

Stupid, inconsistent and clunky!

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Back on topic, grasping darkness is an enormous tool for necros that extends our threat range...if only it hits reliably. So Yes I would love to see changes to this skill.

The skill works best if you **de**select your target first, then look into the general direction of your target and use the skill then. It is the only skill I know that does not auto-rotate your character towards the target when you don't press a movement- or camera-button while casting it.

Stupid, inconsistent and clunky!

I think the other problem is the CD. So the skill does three things in essence - pulls, chills, and damages. Lets look at another skill that does that - the Guardian Axe. It pulls, burns, and damages. Now one can argue that the chill is more effective than the burn - but enough to warrant a near 12 second difference? Furthermore I do not think I have ever gotten an misspull or bug when pulling with my guard.

> @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> I think the other problem is the CD. So the skill does three things in essence - pulls, chills, and damages. Lets look at another skill that does that - the Guardian Axe. It pulls, burns, and damages. Now one can argue that the chill is more effective than the burn - but enough to warrant a near 12 second difference? Furthermore I do not think I have ever gotten an misspull or bug when pulling with my guard.

ANet's logic behind that is the 5 group pull. I think they think that this is strong for some reason.

Look at Spectral Grasp:

former state: pull 1 enemy with a slow unreliable projectile - 20s CD

actual state: pull 5 enemies with a slow unreliable projectile - 50s CD

The truth is: The former state was just bad. The actual state is a complete joke.

Besides that: GS5 is so clunky I don't even want to use it more often than every 25s. I'd prefer a 20s CD on Nightfall.