New player

Taras.4783

Hello i am new player to GW2. I am really enjoying the game. Leveled up to lvl 6 and boosted my character to lvl 80. What do you guys do when reached level 80? Also gems. I got 4000 gems by buying ultimate pof edition. What you guys would suggest using it on? I really like cosmetics but that can wait. Thank you very much for help.

P.S.

I youtubed ranger class set up and thats what i am using as of now for pve. If possible good pve ranger set up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There are a lot of things to do at level 80!

If you have bought either of the expansions (Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire) you can play those.

You can play fractals or WvW

You can play some of the Level 80 maps, like Southsun Cove, Dry Top and Silverwastes

You can play any of the Living Season episodes you have unlocked. (You will automatically have the last one unlocked because you logged in while it was active.)

You can rank up your crafting and try to make a legendary weapon.

You might want to spend those gems on:

Expansions (In HoT you learn to use a glider, in PoF you get mounts)

Unlocking previous Living Season episodes

Permanent harvesting tools and/or salvage kits (save a lot of time, trouble and inventory space.)

Extra bag or bank slots because inventory is never enough.

Hope you're having fun!

> @"Taras.4783" said:

> Thank you for reply. I got two expansions and will try to play some lvl 80 maps and focus on buying inventory slots. Having lots of fun :).

Try out the personal stories. First is tad long and draggy at times, HoT is quite good and PoF is so far my fav. Try not to splurge all your gems.There are sales discount from time to time. Ask for pointers if you're interested and having a hard time tk get into content (eg. running dungeon, raids training etc)

All of these suggestions are spot on. Here is just my additional $.02...:)

Since you have the expansions and such, I woudl play your Personal Story. Its a bit long to start (as mentioned before) but the lore of this game always impressed me even back in GW1. Its fun to learn things and sometimes you even find little surprises along the way. Itds a great way to get "immersed" in the game world.

As for Gem Store items. That depends on if you want content, convenience, or cooly looks.

Content: Living Story episodes you have missed are always good...again it gets you all that Lore. And you can buy them in bulk cheaper than buying them one at a time (I believe it is still this way).

Convenience: I am a pack rat. So I added bank tabs. Also, adding extra bag slots and crafting the specialty bags to help keep your inventory organized is always a plus. I also recommend the "Shared Inventory" Slots. I carry the Copper Fed Salvag-O-Matic(some say silver is better, some say worse...Copper Fed is a win all the way around IMO), a set of everlasting mining tools, Portal Tomes, Pass to Lily of the Elon, and anything else you think you would use on multiple toons(like a fun potion or Treasure Maps, etc).

Cooly Looks: This is all up to you. Watch for sales on minis/skins/outfits/toys/etc you like, and be sure to check the TP in case they put a time limit on something you like so you don't miss it.

I do try to keep a few Gems stockpiled for that "just in case I have to have it" situation. :)

Have fun in our mad, mad world...lol And if you ever need help with anything, this forum is usually a great place to ask and get good responses.

Thank you very much for all the help, really really appreciated. Lots of helpful information :). I try to play around and figure out how to start main story i think i already did btw not sure lol and as of gems i look into that Copper Fed Salvag-O-Matic how to use etc... and keep a look for sales :). Thank you guys.

Don't be in a rush to spend gems. There's nothing in the gem store you need to play and what's available changes on a regular basis. It'd be a shame to spend them all and then find something you like even more. (You can of course buy more, or convert gold to gems, but unless you're rich there's no sense wasting money.)

Although on the other side there's also no wrong choices - just things you may not be as interested in. For example a lot of people consider extra bag slots a must-have, but I've never felt I needed them (I don't even have a full set of 20 slot bags, or any of the new 24, 28 or 32 slot bags). But I do have 11 character slots and I'm just waiting for them to go on sale before buying a 12th, and I'm sure some people can't imagine what I could do with so many characters. (Although other people have many more.)

The one item I'd warn you off is the Black Lion Keys. They're GW2's version of loot crates or RNG boxes (different names for the same thing). They're not as predatory as some, but partially because you can get the majority of the items from the Trading Post - so in general it's better to buy the thing you want directly than to buy keys. You can also get free keys in-game periodically - one from the level 10 story, one from level 40 and one from level 60 and others randomly from map completion or (very rarely) as drops.

> @"Taras.4783" said:

> I youtubed ranger class set up and thats what i am using as of now for pve. If possible good pve ranger set up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Missed this part out but general rundown:

**Ranger** : Can burst depending on build but overall dmg is constant and average at best. Other classes can do the same if not better plus providing boons(buffs) at the same time.

**Druid** : Ranger's specialization and usually optimize towards supportive role (*since ranger's dmg is not great to begin with*). To provide healing (band aids) and offensive boons.

**Soulbeast** : Competative/good dmg output but highly dependable on gear (viper's stat) which can be costly. Depending on build but mainly for dmg and to provide even better offensive boons to the party.

There are sites such as Metabattle which provide info on efficient builds for different contents/situations.

*https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki*

You can refer to, or use as a reference for a build of your own. Be warned, it can be comprehensive. :smile: