Mechanist Ninn

Mechanist Ninn in the DR home instance is bugged. I have all the items in my inventory for the Phasic Distortion Reader (250 Mithril, 250 Charged Quartz, Etheric Tank, Resonance Tuner, & Gate Alchemeter) there is no dialogue option available to give him the items, it has been this way for 4 days (3 resets). I submitted a ticket 4 days ago (no reply) and the bug still persists. It would be nice to be able to participate in the current events.

I discovered I had to do this in my race's home instance first, then the npc shows up in all my home instances afterwards. The wiki is misleading as it says you can do this in any instance. I tried but found him only in my Sylvari home instance to start with, once I did that (which is contrary to info on wiki), I found him in all my home instances which was pointless at the juncture.

Either the wiki needs to be updated to point this out or its a bug which needs to be fixed....which is it Anet?

> @"lynspottery.6529" said:

> I discovered I had to do this in my race's home instance first, then the npc shows up in all my home instances afterwards. The wiki is misleading as it says you can do this in any instance. I tried but found him only in my Sylvari home instance to start with, once I did that (which is contrary to info on wiki), I found him in all my home instances which was pointless at the juncture.

>

> Either the wiki needs to be updated to point this out or its a bug which needs to be fixed....which is it Anet?

I didn't have that problem. My human toon spoke to Ninn in the asura instance (couldn't find Ninn in DR's home until later).

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Have you tried accessing the NPC in a different Home Instance? Say, Dreamer's Terrace?

I have tried every home instance solo (no interactable options for turn in) and DR with a friend (friendship mote). That was a good idea to try, I'm sorry it didn't work :(

> @"lynspottery.6529" said:

> I discovered I had to do this in my race's home instance first, then the npc shows up in all my home instances afterwards. The wiki is misleading as it says you can do this in any instance. I tried but found him only in my Sylvari home instance to start with, once I did that (which is contrary to info on wiki), I found him in all my home instances which was pointless at the juncture.

>

> Either the wiki needs to be updated to point this out or its a bug which needs to be fixed....which is it Anet?

Thanks! DR is my racial home instance. I can't get Ninn to offer a turn in dialogue in my home instance or in any other instance.

> @"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:

> What's his first line to you? He has several different conversations, so I'm trying to see if he's playing a different conversation.

Where can I find those?

I have some questions I would like to ask you.

I'm on it.

^^^ This is the opening screen with the items in my inventory. I have followed every conversation track in sequence.

> What's his first line to you? He has several different conversations, so I'm trying to see if he's playing a different conversation.

I'm sorry perhaps this is what you were asking for?:

To complete a working prototype, I'll need 50 mithril ingots, 3 charged quartz crystals, a resonance tuner, an etheric tank, and a gate alchemeter.

Where can I find those?

I'm on it.

^^^ This is the opening screen with the items (250 Mithril, 250 Charged Quartz, Etheric Tank, Resonance Tuner, & Gate Alchemeter) in Kathara's (Main toon) inventory in my racial (human) home instance. I have followed every conversation track in sequence. The opening and sequence are the same in all the non-racial instances as well.

I had a problem with Mechanist Ninn too. In my case he would only respond to the toon who originally started the conversation. I talked to Ninn with one toon, gathered the ingredients, came back with a different toon to turn them in (in the same home instance), and Ninn wasn't responding. Then I remembered that the character which I talked to him too the first time was another, so I switched charas and it worked.

• ArenaNet Staff

So looking at the conversation, which is broken up into parts, if his first line is: "To complete a working prototype, I'll need 50 mithril ingots, 3 charged quartz crystals, a resonance tuner, an etheric tank, and a gate alchemeter." then you'll get the turn-in option ("I've got everything—here you go.") only if you have all of the required items in your inventory. I'm not sure if invisible bags can prevent the items from being counted.

If his first line is "t's an honor to meet you. Let me be brief: I have a design to detect and forecast the portal attacks, but I need more raw material to construct it." then you need to pick the response "Start work immediately, then. I'll get you what you need." to advance the conversation.

One thing that bothers me is when you've actually gotten the resonator and the sidequest done from Ninn, he still advises you (through in-game mail) that he's working on the prototype *after* you've acquired it -- and always after completing an Awakened incursion for the day. The mails seem to be a bit redundant..

> So looking at the conversation, which is broken up into parts, if his first line is: "To complete a working prototype, I'll need 50 mithril ingots, 3 charged quartz crystals, a resonance tuner, an etheric tank, and a gate alchemeter." then you'll get the turn-in option ("I've got everything—here you go.") only if you have all of the required items in your inventory. I'm not sure if invisible bags can prevent the items from being counted.

>

> If his first line is "t's an honor to meet you. Let me be brief: I have a design to detect and forecast the portal attacks, but I need more raw material to construct it." then you need to pick the response "Start work immediately, then. I'll get you what you need." to advance the conversation.

Thanks for trying to help :) This is why I reported it as a bug in game, opened a ticket (still no response), and I am trying here. There is no option for turning in the items (I am carrying 250 Mithril, 250 Charged Quartz, 1 Etheric Tank, 1 Resonance Tuner, & 1 Gate Alchemeter) all of which are in my inventory in a 32 slot hardened Leather Pannier; they are not in an invisible or an equipment bag, this is the toon I first spoke to Ninn on, this is my racial home instance, and I have no dialogue options for turning in the items. I have also tried with the exact number of mithril and crystals, still a no-go.

Nin Says:

To complete a working prototype, I'll need 50 mithril ingots, 3 charged quartz crystals, a resonance tuner, an etheric tank, and a gate alchemeter.

My optional responses to the above:

Where can I find those?

I'm on it.

Maybe this will help more:

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt109/extrabitefriends/Untitled_1.jpg

> That's... Odd. I just tested this (with 250 of the mithril and quartz, and 1 each of the other parts) and it works fine. I've triple checked the conversation and all it's looking for are those items. I'll investigate further on Monday.

Thanks, I would really appreciate the help!

> @"Orangensaft.7139" said:

> probably not the reason .... but just to make sure:

> are you carrying mithril ingots and not just mithril ore?

O M G!!!! You may be right! Lemme check. Sometimes its the simplest things!

UPDATE: YES! That was it! I apologize to everyone for taking up everyone's valuable time. Thanks for catching the simple stuff in the screenshot. Thanks to Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 for your direct attention as well.

> @"Fyrehawke.5463" said:

> > @"Orangensaft.7139" said:

> > probably not the reason .... but just to make sure:

> > are you carrying mithril ingots and not just mithril ore?

>

> O M G!!!! You may be right! Lemme check. Sometimes its the simplest things!

>

>

> UPDATE: YES! That was it! I apologize to everyone for taking up everyone's valuable time. Thanks for catching the simple stuff in the screenshot. Thanks to Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 for your direct attention as well.

>

oh lol i didnt even see that you posted a screenshot in another reply when i made the post xD

but with screenshot it becomes clear that it was mithril ore yeh :smiley: