I'm worrying about the upcoming wvw changes as a solo player...

Everheart.5270

> @Eater of Peeps.9062

> well, um, what if no alliances want your 1 man guild. what if no one wants u, but u want to join an alliance/guild, so the problem is not u, but them. what if the reason u r not accepted anywhere is cuz u cant use ts. now what. whats the options under this proposed new system.

From the dev reply I got from one of my post. The system will find a world to fit you through match making and you will be fighting along the alliance under the same color for the entire matchup, a week or so...

And yes, what Pretty Pixie.8603 said.

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > @Eater of Peeps.9062

> > well, um, what if no alliances want your 1 man guild. what if no one wants u, but u want to join an alliance/guild, so the problem is not u, but them. what if the reason u r not accepted anywhere is cuz u cant use ts. now what. whats the options under this proposed new system.

>

> From the dev reply I got from one of my post. The system will find a world to fit you through match making and you will be fighting along the alliance under the same color for the entire matchup, a week or so...

>

> And yes, what Pretty Pixie.8603 said.

You would fight along side an alliance (or two) on a world for 8 weeks. After that, you would have another random group of alliances and guilds. Or possibly the same ones.

If turmoil with one group, then hopefully it changes for that person in 8 weeks.

So while my statement from another thread that was received by some to be mean was essentially, if you are playing with people that don't want you now, this gives you the chance, while spending no gems to rotate to another group of people to work with. Essentially a clean slate.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > @Eater of Peeps.9062

> > > well, um, what if no alliances want your 1 man guild. what if no one wants u, but u want to join an alliance/guild, so the problem is not u, but them. what if the reason u r not accepted anywhere is cuz u cant use ts. now what. whats the options under this proposed new system.

> >

>

> So while my statement from another thread that was received by some to be mean was essentially, if you are playing with people that don't want you now, this gives you the chance, while spending no gems to rotate to another group of people to work with. Essentially a clean slate.

This is one benefit I haven't seen mentioned much, but it is pretty substantial. I'm sure everyone has had to deal with trolls on their own server, or just people you've developed a poor or toxic relationship with. Currently you're stuck with them indefinitely unless you or they transfer servers. With the new system, as long as you aren't actually in the same alliance (and if so...why?), you know there is a very good chance you won't be on their side come next season, barring poor rng.

> @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > > @Eater of Peeps.9062

> > > > well, um, what if no alliances want your 1 man guild. what if no one wants u, but u want to join an alliance/guild, so the problem is not u, but them. what if the reason u r not accepted anywhere is cuz u cant use ts. now what. whats the options under this proposed new system.

> > >

>

> >

> > So while my statement from another thread that was received by some to be mean was essentially, if you are playing with people that don't want you now, this gives you the chance, while spending no gems to rotate to another group of people to work with. Essentially a clean slate.

>

> This is one benefit I haven't seen mentioned much, but it is pretty substantial. I'm sure everyone has had to deal with trolls on their own server, or just people you've developed a poor or toxic relationship with. Currently you're stuck with them indefinitely unless you or they transfer servers. With the new system, as long as you aren't actually in the same alliance (and if so...why?), you know there is a very good chance you won't be on their side come next season, barring poor rng.

>

>

You might even be able to hunt them.... :blush:

> @"Jerry CCH.9816" said:

> New system good for Guilds building alliance but sorry about yolo/play for fun player/romers/pugs

Pretty much, it is or was one of my concern , since I PvE and solo roam WvW. I can't commit to any fixed WvW /Raid guilds cause of work. What I like about Gw2 is I can still play WvW or do PvE/ raids etc at my leisure. After giving it some thoughts, there won't be much change... I will still do it my way if the new system is implemented. Will still be solo roaming probably, just the crowd around me is different. Will miss some guys I know in WvW or join them as sub to set their guild as WvW to stay together who knows? (if they don't split to different alliance that is). The alliance cap is more than enough to cover all the Ocx guilds in my server if they decide to join under the same alliance for the matchups, not more than 150 imo :lol: at least for now.

> @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> and the fairness of matchups will eliminate the malaise that has been part of every server below T1 for years.

Below T1? The unfunness of T1 is the entire reason we have T2 and even occasionally T3 purposely tanking. WvW's rotten from the top down; T3 and T4 are arguably the most fun WvW experiences!

> @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> > @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> > and the fairness of matchups will eliminate the malaise that has been part of every server below T1 for years.

>

> Below T1? The unfunness of T1 is the entire reason we have T2 and even occasionally T3 purposely tanking. WvW's rotten from the top down; T3 and T4 are arguably the most fun WvW experiences!

For NA, T3 is probably the best place to be, with a half-dozen worlds within shouting range of each other. It really looks like this:

T1- BG (hasn't lost a matchup since...I don't know when. Maybe ever.)

T2 - 4 servers

T3 - 6 servers

T4 - NSP (hasn't won a matchup in months)

Houston, we have a balance problem.