[Suggestion] Mini-Map Too Small on 4k

Zoe.8310

I don't have much to criticize about the game, but the UI in general is definitely something I dislike. It's been mostly the same ever since the beginning, and should have MUCH better customization options at this point. I don't know how far the engine would allow us to customize it, but something should definitely be done about it.

• 2 weeks later...

> @Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

> I don't have much to criticize about the game, but the UI in general is definitely something I dislike. It's been mostly the same ever since the beginning, and should have MUCH better customization options at this point. I don't know how far the engine would allow us to customize it, but something should definitely be done about it.

Yeah, it's a trade off -- on one hand they want to to be visually appealing, but on the other hand, being able to have a bigger Mini-Map, or a second Chat window would be a god send

> @Alchofas.8243 said:

> Or just better UI altogether.

>

> I hope they utilize the graphical options within 2018 for 4K gaming. So I can finally jump buy my high end rig.

Hehe, that would be nice. When I upgraded from my two GeForce 980's to my two 1080 TI's, my framerate was exactly the same. I didn't really expect it to go up in GW2, so I wasn't that surprised when it didn't change, hah.

The entire UI is too small in 4K. I had to set mine to play in 1080p on my 4K screen. Changing the resolution prevents me from playing in windowed full screen, or at least it won't let me switch to it in the options interface. So when the game crashes, it tends to crash my entire computer. I hate fullscreen. :p

The game itself looks absolutely beautiful in 4K. The ui is about 3 pixels high though. This makes me sad.

> @Cleopatra.4068 said:

> The entire UI is too small in 4K. I had to set mine to play in 1080p on my 4K screen. Changing the resolution prevents me from playing in windowed full screen, or at least it won't let me switch to it in the options interface. So when the game crashes, it tends to crash my entire computer. I hate fullscreen. :p

>

> The game itself looks absolutely beautiful in 4K. The ui is about 3 pixels high though. This makes me sad.

I assume you already tried at least setting the UI scale to "Larger?"

They really need to decouple the Mini-Map from that setting, though :-(

• 8 months later...

> @"Zoe.8310" said:

> > @Cleopatra.4068 said:

> > The entire UI is too small in 4K. I had to set mine to play in 1080p on my 4K screen. Changing the resolution prevents me from playing in windowed full screen, or at least it won't let me switch to it in the options interface. So when the game crashes, it tends to crash my entire computer. I hate fullscreen. :p

> >

> > The game itself looks absolutely beautiful in 4K. The ui is about 3 pixels high though. This makes me sad.

>

> I assume you already tried at least setting the UI scale to "Larger?"

>

> They really need to decouple the Mini-Map from that setting, though :-(

I just posted in the Support forum about this very thing. 4K looks amazing, but the minimap becomes absolutely useless. You're basically forced to set the UI to "larger" or zoom in so far that the minimap only displays the area immediately around you, which you hardly need the minimap for anyway since you can already see it.

My suggestion was that the minimap be separately scalable, OR when you decrease the size of the UI, the maximum size of the minimap should SCALE UP so that it can occupy the same amount of space on your screen as it would if you had selected the "larger" UI size. Then you can just zoom in to make the view a suitable size.

For what it's worth I like the UI--it's clean and fairly minimal and doesn't get in the way...most of the time. Aside from the minimap, the only other thing I wish they'd do is allow you to turn off effects from players who are not in your party in PvE. Group events are ridiculous... can't see a thing that's happening.

Really miss any kind of UI customization, I'd absolutely love the option to throw some UI elements like the full map and hero panel to other monitors, so I can watch map while playing, without blinding out entire screen. And have option panel open for PING/FPS since for some reason they refuse to let us view that without the option window cluttering the monitor. And the hero panel to keep track of stats, changes, boon effects, keep looking up traits when learning new build etc.