A laptop for GW2 ?

Hello everyone,

Suppose that "someone I know" (cough cough) often guests at someone else's and often invites that same someone, and therefore needs an additional PC for such cases, because moving the whole desktop is a hassle, and everyone wants to play together.

So, that someone currently has a 4 years old asus laptop with intel i7-4700HQ (2,4GHz), 8Gb RAM and a GeForce 750M 2Gb GPU. Unfortunately, it's getting old, and GW2 upgraded, so eventhough the laptop worked well for gaming in the beginning, it now becomes a pain, so it's time for a little change...

Given a 900-1000€ budget is aimed, it seems like the most popular option in that prices range is a **i5-7300HQ (2,5 GHz) + 8Gb RAM and GeForce 1050 (2Gb)**. _My friend_ knows that it's no use to aim for high end GPU for Guild Wars 2, and only plays StarCraft II and TESO on a regular basis. That friends insists that TESO works better than GW2 on current laptop, so whatever would run GW2 could run TESO as smoothly.

So here's a question : is the aformentioned setup a good choice for a smooth all-graphics-options-on experience on GW2 ? (the friends also says that there's no hope for zergs, so don't bother with that). And if it's not, what would be ? (without killing piggy bank)

GW2 should run just fine with high-max settings on that setup, everyone knows that GW2 takes a huge hit on framerate when there's a zerg going on at the world boss or WvW , no matter how good your system is.

I found a footage with GW2 running maxed settings setup similiar with yours, and it seems to run wonderfully if you just tune down few settings.

I am using a Alienware 15 r2 I bought for £1000

* 16GB RAM

* GTX 980M Graphics 8GB + intel HD 615

* 250SSD and 1TB HDD

* i7-6820HK 2.7GHz

Running the game brilliantly even with zergs and world bosses no lag just a small reduction in FPS is not noticeable and its constantly between 30 - 60 fps.

60 fps mostly in core tyria and small instances. 30+ fps for HoT and PoF maps