So, what about new commander tag icons?

Lonami.2987

> @"RedBaron.6058" said:

> Lonami,

> I fully agree with your suggestion, congratulations for designing such an awesome commanders tag progression system.

> My only suggestion is to design the tags in order to include a visual cue of the main mission of the commander: Attacking, Defending, Scouting, Roaming, Choo-Choo train, etc.

> Best regards.

That could be a secondary feature. So, each commander tag icon has a variation, where you can see his role. So, someone with the WvW commander tag icon, wanting to attack, would get some sword icons on his tag icon or near it, and then when switching to defend, a shield.

Whatever helps with visual recognition.

> @"Strages.2950" said:

> More commander tags, no progression system (or high entry, so casuals can't easily farm).

>

> Mostly because this is gonna make completionists tag up and do stupid stuff that people who actually want to play the game mode will resent. Then we'll have another WvW kitten in our hands.

>

> I like the idea of opening up new WvW tags with badges, that would give badges some use. Making it 5-10k badges would force the majority of players to choose if they want a "scout" tag, or a "roaming" tag, or a whatever tag according to what they do most. It also applies a hefty entry barrier, having 10k badges proves that you're at least a regular.

Yeah, I definitely do not want that. Only commanders who command should be really aiming for these.

I don't think it should be a problem, because commander tags aren't really prestigious anymore (I still remember when people had them up all the time in Lion's Arch just to brag, it was awful), but just in case.

> @"volpenvieh.3201" said:

> > @"Strages.2950" said:

> > I like the idea of opening up new WvW tags with badges, that would give badges some use. [...] It also applies a hefty entry barrier, having 10k badges proves that you're at least a regular.

>

> Having a lot of badges only proves that you don't know how to spend them. I use mine for scribing guild blueprints and tactics because the skrimish chests usually give you all the tactics you don't need. We're a pretty small guild but somehow the bigger ones never seem to care when you ask if anyone could maaaaybe put some iron guards or a watchtower into an objective. (I've tried to stop caring but if your guild focusses exactly on sneaking this kind of stuff it just doesn't feel right to leave your own towers unprotected)

> If you're not a scribe or your guild already has enough stuff then feel free to buy siege and donate it to pugmanders.

>

> > @"Strages.2950" said:

> >Making it 5-10k badges would force the majority of players to choose if they want a "scout" tag, or a "roaming" tag, or a whatever tag according to what they do most.

>

> And why would you want to force people to choose one role? Is it a bad thing if you split your time equally between commanding, roaming and scouting?

Amassing 10k badges means you actually play the game mode plenty, not that "you dont know how to spend them". Spare the passive aggresive bs please.

I get tactics from skirmish chests, my guild is constantly spending them (particularly on camps). We have more than enough. I have legendary armor on my main, and plenty of ascended chests from fractals so I dont need badges to test gear on my toons. I get siege from the provisioner as needed, I donate to my own tag, as I don't really play with other tags, nor do I feel compelled to give away my badges to some random tag (to me, this is knowing how to spend your badges).

I do see your point though, if you spent yours and are salty that you can't get this hypothetical tag. Perhaps they can unlock it through an achievement (spend 10k badges) and also have a vendor sell it for 10k minus the badges you've spent.

As for being forced to choose, its like skins, its a prestige thing (like the catmander). If its easy to unlock, then we get the completionists afk farming in WvW again, which is a pain in the ass. You can still get a regular tag for the regular price, I doubt anyone would grief you for not having a particular kind of tag.