Help a newbie

goethe.2693

Condi build with Scep/Dagger + epidemic should handle anything that comes your way. Blood Is Power for single target, Epidemic for Aoe. Consume conditions after using them for a full heal and condi clear. It takes some micromanagement though.

Power build Minions + Axe/Focus will give you good single target DPS and the best survivability if you need that. Close to Death (spite) and Death Perception (soul reaping) combine to make a deadly execute combo, and Shroud 4 will be your main AOE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZakkGqpxWawyGYvxRuQBDgGYFk3wWnvzhYJmCA

Just get some power equip.

Pull mobs with staff, throw in your wells while u stand inside of the mob, use warhorn 5, then autoattack until everyone is dead.

Use shroud to heal back up, or to take big enemy hits.

Locust is for extra healing and extra mivement speed while not walking with dagger. Else take another well (darkness)

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZakkGqpxWawyGYvxRuQBDgGYFk3wWnvzhYJmCA

>

> Just get some power equip.

>

> Pull mobs with staff, throw in your wells while u stand inside of the mob, use warhorn 5, then autoattack until everyone is dead.

> Use shroud to heal back up, or to take big enemy hits.

>

> Locust is for extra healing and extra mivement speed while not walking with dagger. Else take another well (darkness)

This is a great start up build and advise.

**Stay away from condi when leveling core necro!**.

Necro is **terrible** when it comes to applying conditions. They last long, yes, but he takes ages to apply a decent amount! While core Tyria mobs aren't that durable or hard, and a good power build will clean house by the time you even get started applying your condies!

Not to mention you need condi duration for real condi damage, and that does not happen on core tyrian gear. Just go power, grab a well of suffering, ensure you got good power, ferocity and precision (or replacement for it) and mow down your way to 80!

Now, after you're 80 and unlock elite specs, access to Heart of Thorns maps and what not - then you can do an efficient, strong condi build. Feel free to experiment with condi builds before that but keep in mind, that until you're 80 and got access to HoT maps, power is the fast and effective way to clear stuff.

Thank you everyone for your comments, it really made the leveling process very easy, really appreciated!

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Do you plan on going Reaper or Scourge at Lvl 80?

> It doesn't matter while leveling, but it's a mind-set thing; Reapers can use their shroud as a warrior, while the Scourge has more of a support role.

I just hit lvl 80 and decided to go with Reaper since I like the theme and the warrior-like approach and I'm really enjoying it!

Again, thank you everyone!

> @"goethe.2693" said:

> Thank you everyone for your comments, it really made the leveling process very easy, really appreciated!

> > @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> > Do you plan on going Reaper or Scourge at Lvl 80?

> > It doesn't matter while leveling, but it's a mind-set thing; Reapers can use their shroud as a warrior, while the Scourge has more of a support role.

>

> I just hit lvl 80 and decided to go with Reaper since I like the theme and the warrior-like approach and I'm really enjoying it!

> Again, thank you everyone!

I'm more of a Reaper myself. Honestly, I haven't given the Scourge enough time to become very efficient in placement of sand "wells," but that's my fault.

I'm the kind of player that finds something I like and stick with it with a few tweaks here and there.

My best place for testing new stuff is the Bitterfrost Frontier; plenty of targets, single and mobs; not to hard where you are easily killed; and the monsters offer enough challenge to tell you if you need to change builds or weapons or give up that specialization altogether.