Vampiric Presence

Methuselah.4376

The intention is good, but the practical use in game is not. First of all the only spec that can take advantage of this is power necro. The healing is to minimal to make much of a difference on scourge support builds.

Power necro has way too low dps. Core necro does not hit often enough to make good use of that bonus in shroud, you waste the icd. Power reaper is better, yet a big problem of this is that most tools (wells, axe 2, GS3 etc) hit very often and you want to cast all of them together BEFORE entering shroud to increase the damage, which gets crippled by the ICD.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > If the new warrior actually hits 32k dps I'd be pretty impressed, have him release a video.

>

>

Looks pretty good. I was looking at the warrior patch notes but didn't think they made that big of an impact. Condi warrior is still better but at least power warrior is pretty playable now.

I'm actually excited about this. It makes taking blood magic over soul reaping an option for raiding and even PvP for power necros. For power reaper this will help dps by taking vampiric wells for the reduced CD's.

I can see this working on a power scourge PvP build with lots of might generation.

Excited to try out new builds and rotations in raids.

"...A Classical necromancers addressed the dead in "a mixture of high-pitch squeaking and low droning", comparable to the trance-state mutterings of shamans. Necromancy was prevalent throughout Western antiquity with records of its practice in ancient Egypt, Babylonia, Greece and Rome..."

In GW2 now we are Nurses!

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"Hater.9658" said:

> > Now show me a condi warr constantly hitting above 32 on golem to prove it is better

>

>

>

> Power warrior has the issue of hundred blades rooting too so the dps uptime is not as reliable. I think is obvious condi will still very likely to be better.

Hundred Blades is nigh-useless in raids because you'll get a random Cairn circle (or some other AoE pooping nonsense) tossed at you and have to cancel it by moving....

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > > If the new warrior actually hits 32k dps I'd be pretty impressed, have him release a video.

> >

> >

>

> Looks pretty good. I was looking at the warrior patch notes but didn't think they made that big of an impact. Condi warrior is still better but at least power warrior is pretty playable now.

Not pretty good. Using non-meta buffs and not using Tactics. A build without EA is a non-starter unfortunately.

> @"Hater.9658" said:

> If there was a rotation with old 66% alacrity hitting above 40k you would probably post it as well, without thinking about all these nerfs and changes in game.

Not sure what the hostility is for. I was at work and just glanced at youtube with a quick search and came up with one that seems pretty recent. Is it really that surprising that condi warrior bench above 32k considering banner warrior bench 31k now? I got home not too long ago and saw the replies so I did another quick search and can only really find BS from recent times because that is what everybody runs.

I have to laugh at the comments that are complaining about the damage... who in their right faculty would trait this ... FOR DAMAGE? Not in a million years should anyone CARE about what damage this trait does if they planned to use it; it's a buff to health transfer and sustain ... like the theme of the WHOLE traitline it exists in. The damage was buffed because it would look stupid to have a health transfer effect where you get more health than you take.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> Maybe, but the healing is also pathetic and not worthwhile. Heck, the healing for most builds went DOWN today because of the ICD.

Honest, I didn't catch the ICD, which sucks ... but without it, there was no way they could reasonably give it higher values anyways. In otherwords, if there was no ICD, it would have stayed pathetic forever; with the ICD, there is a path forward for them to at least _consider_ changing it.

If something is so far below par as to be worth considering as Vampiric Presence was, you can safely buff it straight up. If it becomes too strong, you can either lower values or consider adding an ICD on it.

The problem is, once you add an ICD, it will never come off. Vampiric and Vampiric Presence are, by their very nature, volatile traits. The problem is that adding an ICD only prevents upward volatility, not downward. They are still as useless as ever when they're not working, but now Vampiric Presence doesn't allow for highs.

It can, though. If you're getting highs from Vampiric traits, it's because there are multiple enemies. Multiple enemies means more incoming damage that you have to try and survive.

That's what's beautiful about the no ICD version: if they balanced it so it was good against one foe, then it would automatically scale to appropriate levels against multiple foes. By adding an ICD, it no longer can do that.