Patch Not too bad? Unless scourge xD

ZDragon.3046

From some one who does not play scourge these changes honestly dont look too bad. Or perhaps im missing something....

Yeah the duration of some things like vuln and weakness went down but its not like were were not converting it more than every 10 seconds anyways. :unamused:

Vamp buff seems nice but people are saying its not enough. Does anyone know if it can proc on multiple enemies at once per icd? Does anyone have legit heal numbers from it as well?

I always so no direct nerfs to the core profession as a + when it comes to necormancer. :#

It is, becuase of path of corruption nerf.

It screws over reaper (as if the black-hole levels of life force drain per second didn't do enough to them already).

Also it's unjust and undeserved kick in the nuts to PvE scourges. Low cooldown aoe condi to boon conversion was a strong point of scourge's support kit!

Now they might as well delete the skill all together.

It's a bad patch because:

1) Didn't adress the underlying causes of why scourge is dominant (as in the shade mechanics)

2) Just nerfed everything, including PvE Scourge (which wasn't that great to begin with), and some of the changes also break core necro and Reaper.

Arena Net again shows they are unwilling to do their bare minimum, unless it's one of their pet classes (Mesmer, thief and Ele).

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> It's a bad patch because:

> 1) Didn't adress the underlying causes of why scourge is dominant (as in the shade mechanics)

> 2) Just nerfed everything, including PvE Scourge (which wasn't that great to begin with), and some of the changes also break core necro and Reaper.

>

> Arena Net again shows they are unwilling to do their bare minimum, unless it's one of their pet classes (Mesmer, thief and Ele).

Oh, don't worry. They crushed Mesmer too. Chrono can no longer do the one thing people wanted it to do. Hope you didn't enjoy quickness or alacrity.

> @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > It's a bad patch because:

> > 1) Didn't adress the underlying causes of why scourge is dominant (as in the shade mechanics)

> > 2) Just nerfed everything, including PvE Scourge (which wasn't that great to begin with), and some of the changes also break core necro and Reaper.

> >

> > Arena Net again shows they are unwilling to do their bare minimum, unless it's one of their pet classes (Mesmer, thief and Ele).

>

> Oh, don't worry. They crushed Mesmer too. Chrono can no longer do the one thing people wanted it to do. Hope you didn't enjoy quickness or alacrity.

I know... I mostly play chrono on group pve, and whenever i played pvp i used to play Necro (scourge when it came out, but reaper before that). SO yay, awesome patch for me...

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> It is, becuase of path of corruption nerf.

> It screws over reaper (as if the black-hole levels of life force drain per second didn't do enough to them already).

This only applies when scourge is equipped it does not or should not effect core or reaper according to the notes. ;) I dont consider it a direct nerf to the core profession.

Imo it just means you can use something else now its not like scourge didnt have a ton of other boon converting options :U

> Also it's unjust and undeserved kick in the nuts to PvE scourges. Low cooldown aoe condi to boon conversion was a strong point of scourge's support kit!

What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

> > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > It's a bad patch because:

> > > 1) Didn't adress the underlying causes of why scourge is dominant (as in the shade mechanics)

> > > 2) Just nerfed everything, including PvE Scourge (which wasn't that great to begin with), and some of the changes also break core necro and Reaper.

> > >

> > > Arena Net again shows they are unwilling to do their bare minimum, unless it's one of their pet classes (Mesmer, thief and Ele).

> >

> > Oh, don't worry. They crushed Mesmer too. Chrono can no longer do the one thing people wanted it to do. Hope you didn't enjoy quickness or alacrity.

>

> I know... I mostly play chrono on group pve, and whenever i played pvp i used to play Necro (scourge when it came out, but reaper before that). SO yay, awesome patch for me...

I feel for you dude. This 'patch' has all around been completely disgusting. I wish I could lie to myself and say ANet will probably come to their senses and fix it.

> 1) Didn't adress the underlying causes of why scourge is dominant (as in the shade mechanics)

> 2) Just nerfed everything, including PvE Scourge (which wasn't that great to begin with), and some of the changes also break core necro and Reaper.

>

> Arena Net again shows they are unwilling to do their bare minimum, unless it's one of their pet classes (Mesmer, thief and Ele).

What changes break core and reaper?

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

> @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

>

> Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

>

In the long run people should have asked for new shroud years ago instead of saying TAKE SHROUD AWAY AND GIVES US MORE DAMAGE. Anet does this now the problem is being too glassy for the damage.

I think if people asked for core fixes instead of meta fixes back to back to back necro might actually get somewhere but thats just my opinion. I'll keep my reaper or even core anyday over scourge. I disliked it from the moment I saw it lacked a true shroud.

As I've said before its a spec that requires more management without the proper reward for that management.

It lacks a power option yet reaper still has a moderate condition option.

Maybe with the next xpac we get a shroud thats the perfect mix of reaper dps yet has better sustain than core.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

> >

> > Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

> >

>

> In the long run people should have asked for new shroud years ago instead of saying TAKE SHROUD AWAY AND GIVES US MORE DAMAGE. Anet does this now the problem is being too glassy for the damage.

>

> I think if people asked for core fixes instead of meta fixes back to back to back necro might actually get somewhere but thats just my opinion. I'll keep my reaper or even core anyday over scourge. I disliked it from the moment I saw it lacked a true shroud.

>

> As I've said before its a spec that requires more management without the proper reward for that management.

> It lacks a power option yet reaper still has a moderate condition option.

>

> Maybe with the next xpac we get a shroud thats the perfect mix of reaper dps yet has better sustain than core.

ANet and perfect aren't things that belong in the same sentence, let alone the same dimension. It'll never happen.

> @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

> > >

> > > Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

> > >

> >

> > In the long run people should have asked for new shroud years ago instead of saying TAKE SHROUD AWAY AND GIVES US MORE DAMAGE. Anet does this now the problem is being too glassy for the damage.

> >

> > I think if people asked for core fixes instead of meta fixes back to back to back necro might actually get somewhere but thats just my opinion. I'll keep my reaper or even core anyday over scourge. I disliked it from the moment I saw it lacked a true shroud.

> >

> > As I've said before its a spec that requires more management without the proper reward for that management.

> > It lacks a power option yet reaper still has a moderate condition option.

> >

> > Maybe with the next xpac we get a shroud thats the perfect mix of reaper dps yet has better sustain than core.

>

> ANet and perfect aren't things that belong in the same sentence, let alone the same dimension. It'll never happen.

No game devs will ever get anything perfect no matter what game you play what profession or class you play how you spec that class its never going to be perfect.

>

The nerfs to scourge were much to drastic. Yes Condi burst seems to have some reduction but burn guards still exist so there's that.

The Condi cleanse to nefarious favor is something I dont get. Scourge is supposed to have support abilities. Condi cleanse is a huge part of that for PvE so why reduce that AND increase the CD.

My dps in raids is gonna come down compared to Condi rangers .... Again ><

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > It's a bad patch because:

> > 1) Didn't adress the underlying causes of why scourge is dominant (as in the shade mechanics)

> > 2) Just nerfed everything, including PvE Scourge (which wasn't that great to begin with), and some of the changes also break core necro and Reaper.

> >

> > Arena Net again shows they are unwilling to do their bare minimum, unless it's one of their pet classes (Mesmer, thief and Ele).

>

> The nerfs to scourge were much to drastic. Yes Condi burst seems to have some reduction but burn guards still exist so there's that.

>

> The Condi cleanse to nefarious favor is something I dont get. Scourge is supposed to have support abilities. Condi cleanse is a huge part of that for PvE so why reduce that AND increase the CD.

ok see i like your reply you actually make a valid point here. When you mention that part about how they labeled scourge as a support but do this change. Honestly last i looked they were still confused on how much support they wanted to give scourge vs damage.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

> > > >

> > > > Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

> > > >

> > >

> > > In the long run people should have asked for new shroud years ago instead of saying TAKE SHROUD AWAY AND GIVES US MORE DAMAGE. Anet does this now the problem is being too glassy for the damage.

> > >

> > > I think if people asked for core fixes instead of meta fixes back to back to back necro might actually get somewhere but thats just my opinion. I'll keep my reaper or even core anyday over scourge. I disliked it from the moment I saw it lacked a true shroud.

> > >

> > > As I've said before its a spec that requires more management without the proper reward for that management.

> > > It lacks a power option yet reaper still has a moderate condition option.

> > >

> > > Maybe with the next xpac we get a shroud thats the perfect mix of reaper dps yet has better sustain than core.

> >

> > ANet and perfect aren't things that belong in the same sentence, let alone the same dimension. It'll never happen.

>

> No game devs will ever get anything perfect no matter what game you play what profession or class you play how you spec that class its never going to be perfect.

Perfection obviously can't be achieved. But that doesn't mean they should strive for the opposite and ruin things because they don't understand how to balance classes.

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> My dps in raids is gonna come down compared to Condi rangers .... Again ><

![](https://i.imgur.com/prc8n3t.png "")

Come down again? It already WAS down. Now it's simply out.

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> And...of course...we won't hear back from a Dev on this at all. Just delete the effing class already. They might as well.

Im not even sure necros still have a dedicated developer last I knew it was suppose to be Robert Gee (i could be wrong) but it seems he has been working on or with Mesmer more so since the launch of PoF and Mesmers 2nd elite spec.

More importantly no developers that I know of actually main or put a decent amount of time into necromancer. (could be wrong) But if that is the case that would be why necro is always ages behind in everything power buffs or quality of life fixes in general.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > And...of course...we won't hear back from a Dev on this at all. Just delete the effing class already. They might as well.

>

> Im not even sure necros still have a dedicated developer last I knew it was suppose to be Robert Gee (i could be wrong) but it seems he has been working on or with Mesmer more so since the launch of PoF and Mesmers 2nd elite spec.

> More importantly no developers that I know of actually main or put a decent amount of time into necromancer. (could be wrong) But if that is the case that would be why necro is always ages behind in everything power buffs or quality of life fixes in general.

ANet has in all but word admitted they hate the class and don't want anyone to enjoy it.

> @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

> > > > >

> > > > > Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > In the long run people should have asked for new shroud years ago instead of saying TAKE SHROUD AWAY AND GIVES US MORE DAMAGE. Anet does this now the problem is being too glassy for the damage.

> > > >

> > > > I think if people asked for core fixes instead of meta fixes back to back to back necro might actually get somewhere but thats just my opinion. I'll keep my reaper or even core anyday over scourge. I disliked it from the moment I saw it lacked a true shroud.

> > > >

> > > > As I've said before its a spec that requires more management without the proper reward for that management.

> > > > It lacks a power option yet reaper still has a moderate condition option.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe with the next xpac we get a shroud thats the perfect mix of reaper dps yet has better sustain than core.

> > >

> > > ANet and perfect aren't things that belong in the same sentence, let alone the same dimension. It'll never happen.

> >

> > No game devs will ever get anything perfect no matter what game you play what profession or class you play how you spec that class its never going to be perfect.

>

> Perfection obviously can't be achieved. But that doesn't mean they should strive for the opposite and ruin things because they don't understand how to balance classes.

>

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

>

> > My dps in raids is gonna come down compared to Condi rangers .... Again ><

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/prc8n3t.png "")

>

> Come down again? It already WAS down. Now it's simply out.

Raids are not the only component of the game and in almost every other component of the game you will never achieve maximum Dps. Nore sustain it for long extended periods of time.

Ever sense raids launched its all people cry about. HOW IS MY DPS IN RAIDS EFFECTED instead of looking at new potential in playstyle, mechanics, and overall flavor.

The game was designed without the idea of raids for end game content but anet caved and done this to likely extend the life of the game.

Yes raids are nice and are an important part of the game but if people are only asking for changes because they want to be on top of the Raid DPS meter then well maybe you should play a game were every class has a closer gap to doing the same amount of dps in endgame content. But then it wont be competitive and you wont have any interest what so ever. :unamused:

> @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > And...of course...we won't hear back from a Dev on this at all. Just delete the effing class already. They might as well.

> >

> > Im not even sure necros still have a dedicated developer last I knew it was suppose to be Robert Gee (i could be wrong) but it seems he has been working on or with Mesmer more so since the launch of PoF and Mesmers 2nd elite spec.

> > More importantly no developers that I know of actually main or put a decent amount of time into necromancer. (could be wrong) But if that is the case that would be why necro is always ages behind in everything power buffs or quality of life fixes in general.

>

> ANet has in all but word admitted they hate the class and don't want anyone to enjoy it.

Shame because its probably one of the only classes i can enjoy and play for long periods (By long periods) i mean daily/weekly as opposed to playing something like firebrand for 2weeks at launch then getting bored with it.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > > What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > In the long run people should have asked for new shroud years ago instead of saying TAKE SHROUD AWAY AND GIVES US MORE DAMAGE. Anet does this now the problem is being too glassy for the damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think if people asked for core fixes instead of meta fixes back to back to back necro might actually get somewhere but thats just my opinion. I'll keep my reaper or even core anyday over scourge. I disliked it from the moment I saw it lacked a true shroud.

> > > > >

> > > > > As I've said before its a spec that requires more management without the proper reward for that management.

> > > > > It lacks a power option yet reaper still has a moderate condition option.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe with the next xpac we get a shroud thats the perfect mix of reaper dps yet has better sustain than core.

> > > >

> > > > ANet and perfect aren't things that belong in the same sentence, let alone the same dimension. It'll never happen.

> > >

> > > No game devs will ever get anything perfect no matter what game you play what profession or class you play how you spec that class its never going to be perfect.

> >

> > Perfection obviously can't be achieved. But that doesn't mean they should strive for the opposite and ruin things because they don't understand how to balance classes.

> >

> > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> >

> > > My dps in raids is gonna come down compared to Condi rangers .... Again ><

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prc8n3t.png "")

> >

> > Come down again? It already WAS down. Now it's simply out.

>

> Raids are not the only component of the game and in almost every other component of the game you will never achieve maximum Dps. Nore sustain it for long extended periods of time.

> Ever sense raids launched its all people cry about. HOW IS MY DPS IN RAIDS EFFECTED instead of looking at new potential in playstyle, mechanics, and overall flavor.

>

> The game was designed without the idea of raids for end game content but anet caved and done this to likely extend the life of the game.

> Yes raids are nice and are an important part of the game but if people are only asking for changes because they want to be on top of the Raid DPS meter then well maybe you should play a game were every class has a closer gap to doing the same amount of dps in endgame content. But then it wont be competitive and you wont have any interest what so ever. :unamused:

These benchmarks are, however, the practical limit of what your class can do. The higher your practical limit, the better you can perform from encounter-to-encounter generally. They are therefore perfectly valid. You can clearly see Scourge was already suffering and those numbers don't even take into account survivability or prolonged life force usage. Now Scourge, the only viability necromancer had, got nerfed to the point where yesterday morning it had been my favourite class and this morning I can't force myself to even do my daily T4 fractals and logged out after the first one along with a Chrono friend of mine who felt the same way about their class.

> @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > > @"Saracen.2691" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > > > What kind of conditions were getting hit with that made loosing one convert that much of a big deal in PVE? :anguished:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Any of them that do damage. Scourge is a glass cannon that already had the safety of a shroud taken away and a core part of your DPS is the barrier heal which is used not for healing, because it isn't a good heal, but for the sadistic searing proc. Now its main source of not just getting burnt down instantly by conditions has been gutted. Class can no longer do any of the damage it is supposed to do without dragging down the entire party.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In the long run people should have asked for new shroud years ago instead of saying TAKE SHROUD AWAY AND GIVES US MORE DAMAGE. Anet does this now the problem is being too glassy for the damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think if people asked for core fixes instead of meta fixes back to back to back necro might actually get somewhere but thats just my opinion. I'll keep my reaper or even core anyday over scourge. I disliked it from the moment I saw it lacked a true shroud.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As I've said before its a spec that requires more management without the proper reward for that management.

> > > > > > It lacks a power option yet reaper still has a moderate condition option.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe with the next xpac we get a shroud thats the perfect mix of reaper dps yet has better sustain than core.

> > > > >

> > > > > ANet and perfect aren't things that belong in the same sentence, let alone the same dimension. It'll never happen.

> > > >

> > > > No game devs will ever get anything perfect no matter what game you play what profession or class you play how you spec that class its never going to be perfect.

> > >

> > > Perfection obviously can't be achieved. But that doesn't mean they should strive for the opposite and ruin things because they don't understand how to balance classes.

> > >

> > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > >

> > > > My dps in raids is gonna come down compared to Condi rangers .... Again ><

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prc8n3t.png "")

> > >

> > > Come down again? It already WAS down. Now it's simply out.

> >

> > Raids are not the only component of the game and in almost every other component of the game you will never achieve maximum Dps. Nore sustain it for long extended periods of time.

> > Ever sense raids launched its all people cry about. HOW IS MY DPS IN RAIDS EFFECTED instead of looking at new potential in playstyle, mechanics, and overall flavor.

> >

> > The game was designed without the idea of raids for end game content but anet caved and done this to likely extend the life of the game.

> > Yes raids are nice and are an important part of the game but if people are only asking for changes because they want to be on top of the Raid DPS meter then well maybe you should play a game were every class has a closer gap to doing the same amount of dps in endgame content. But then it wont be competitive and you wont have any interest what so ever. :unamused:

>

> These benchmarks are, however, the practical limit of what your class can do. The higher your practical limit, the better you can perform from encounter-to-encounter generally. They are therefore perfectly valid. You can clearly see Scourge was already suffering and those numbers don't even take into account survivability or prolonged life force usage. Now Scourge, the only viability necromancer had, got nerfed to the point where yesterday morning it had been my favourite class and this morning I can't force myself to even do my daily T4 fractals and logged out after the first one along with a Chrono friend of mine who felt the same way about their class.

What do you mean the better you can perform from encounter to encounter. Performance should mostly be on the player and his level of skill. While there are some limitations to this its not all about numbers.

Yes some builds simply do not work at all and there will be builds that don't work. I want to some what discredit your chrono friend as mesmer just got a massive amount of changes and there will need to be an adjustment period for that. Mesmer has one of the highest skill caps in the game when you consider its optimal level of play. If you cant force yourself todo your fractals thats kind of your fault not the dev teams.

> @"Galmac.4680" said:

> The 0.5s cast time on F2 to F4 feels so wrong and annoying, and F2 got so useless now... it does literally nothing, just burns down the life force.

I know they said the skills had a 0.5 second warning but I was not aware that it was an additional .5 onto every cast Yeah thats pretty bad. Then again necro has the most outrageous cast times of all. Im sure the f2 will get buffed back up in a year or two when the boon and condi creep goes back up and the new set of elite specs are out. (Its sad cause im not joking) took 2 years for reaper to get a moderate bump in the right direction and it came with a cost.