Were ALL of the Scourge nerfs really necessary?

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"worminator.5174" said:

> > > "Were ALL of the Scourge nerfs really necessary?" - yes

> > > Is 0,5 s delay good- yes. Really just play any other class. Complaining about half of a second delay would also mean, that you have a problem with any skill- animation. Maybe try a ranger gs #2. You will love this telegraphed skill. Most scorches will drop finally to the division, where they belong and only a few good will stay at plat +. I have the feeling, that the op is one of those, who will not stay.

> >

> > Number4 who didn't read the OP! Can we get a number 5?

> >

> > I guess so! Congratulations @"whoknocks.4935" !

>

> Just get out of here if you don't bring anything useful to the thread but just accuse other for what obscure reason.

Be honest, did you actually read the very first post in the thread? I'm not complaining about the delay on the shade skills. Quite the opposite, in fact, as I said it was a good change. If you had read the very first post in the thread, you would have known that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"worminator.5174" said:

> > > > "Were ALL of the Scourge nerfs really necessary?" - yes

> > > > Is 0,5 s delay good- yes. Really just play any other class. Complaining about half of a second delay would also mean, that you have a problem with any skill- animation. Maybe try a ranger gs #2. You will love this telegraphed skill. Most scorches will drop finally to the division, where they belong and only a few good will stay at plat +. I have the feeling, that the op is one of those, who will not stay.

> > >

> > > Number4 who didn't read the OP! Can we get a number 5?

> > >

> > > I guess so! Congratulations @"whoknocks.4935" !

> >

> > Just get out of here if you don't bring anything useful to the thread but just accuse other for what obscure reason.

>

> Be honest, did you actually read the very first post in the thread? I'm not complaining about the delay on the shade skills. Quite the opposite, in fact, as I said it was a good change. If you had read the very first post in the thread, you would have known that.

And if you read mine i didn't talk of any single skill scourge has. I just said it was a braindead spam class, a noob could easily beat a more experience player with it. That should never happens, the profession wasn't promoting skillful plays at all.

Now it is a very strong condi class, still the best who can stack that many condis on you.

Now you have more windows to dodge and avoid the condi bombs which makes the profession completely balanced.

Of course from before continuous spam instacast of F skills the difference is obvious.

So just adapt to the change and **learn to play it, thing that before wasn't required to success**.

I see it still in the meta section, so good players still manage to have success with it.

Only kids who got carried by the profession to plat or above will cry about it even now they drop down to silver, what they deserve tbh.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > @"worminator.5174" said:

> > > > > "Were ALL of the Scourge nerfs really necessary?" - yes

> > > > > Is 0,5 s delay good- yes. Really just play any other class. Complaining about half of a second delay would also mean, that you have a problem with any skill- animation. Maybe try a ranger gs #2. You will love this telegraphed skill. Most scorches will drop finally to the division, where they belong and only a few good will stay at plat +. I have the feeling, that the op is one of those, who will not stay.

> > > >

> > > > Number4 who didn't read the OP! Can we get a number 5?

> > > >

> > > > I guess so! Congratulations @"whoknocks.4935" !

> > >

> > > Just get out of here if you don't bring anything useful to the thread but just accuse other for what obscure reason.

> >

> > Be honest, did you actually read the very first post in the thread? I'm not complaining about the delay on the shade skills. Quite the opposite, in fact, as I said it was a good change. If you had read the very first post in the thread, you would have known that.

>

> And if you read mine i didn't talk of any single skill scourge has. I just said it was a braindead spam class, a noob could easily beat a more experience player with it. That should never happens, the profession wasn't promoting skillful plays at all.

>

> Now it is a very strong condi class, still the best who can stack that many condis on you.

>

> Now you have more windows to dodge and avoid the condi bombs which makes the profession completely balanced.

>

> Of course from before continuous spam instacast of F skills the difference is obvious.

>

> So just adapt to the change and **learn to play it, thing that before wasn't required to success**.

>

> I see it still in the meta section, so good players still manage to have success with it.

>

> Only kids who got carried by the profession to plat or above will cry about it even now they drop down to silver, what they deserve tbh.

Confirmation that you have no idea what this thread is actually talking about. Thank you.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

>

> You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

Heavy Blind? On Scourge? Where?

Scourge has access to four skills that blind (barring Plaguelands, which by the time it blinds, people aren't standing in it anyway). Well of Darkness (which literally sees no use in any area of the game), Signet of Spite (again, doesn't see use anymore), Shadow Fiend (only used in PvE), and Deathly Swarm. The last is the only one that sees any use in PvP and WvW and is still nowhere close to "heavy blind."

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

>

> You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

I too enjoy opening my ass up to the sky, allowing wind to scream through my musty tunnel!

You can't use any of necro's blinds or your casted portal if you're stunned! Maybe you're thinking of the several other professions that have access to smoke fields?

Here's the thing to do: reroll power chrono. Laugh as you 1 shot everyone

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Oh no it has a 0.5s animation now you have to actually think about when to use your skills **just like every other class**.

>

> Most of the patch was bad but this was one of the few things they did right.

>

Why cant we have at least a fucking cast time bar just like every other class? Also the class is right dead. It was very hard against hs and the inifite resistance wars but now you dont have any burst while everyone around you cracks your skull with 6k+ single hits

Good fucking job anet, once again.

> @"Wichidi.9281" said:

> > I get that Scourge was powerful in PvP, and I agree with some of the nerfs as being reasonable. Punishment skills doing less Torment (though did they really need a nerf in PvE?), the .5 second delay on offensive shade skill pulses, the nerf to Path of Corruption, those I get and agree with. These are good changes.

> >

> > But hitting Nefarious Favor on top of everything else? You nerfed that skill so very hard when the problem was just how it interacted with Path of Corruption, which you also nerfed. Nefarious Favor is now 40% of its prior PvP effectiveness and 50% in PvE. Please revert this skill (again, NOT Path of Corruption) back to what it was beforehand. It really seems like overkill.

> >

> > Also, Sand Cascade nerf? Why? I'm pretty sure that literally nobody was complaining about this skill. 25% increase in cooldown for 15% more effect is not a tradeoff that's needed for a skill that was causing no problems. Again, please consider reverting this skill.

>

> do u realize that players who are no "scourge main" believe tht scourge didnt get nerfed enough?

Im a necro main since the beginning and i think too that in pvp the nerf was good but still not enough.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > You can faceroll scourge right now...even if you Stand in the shades. Lol

>

> Shades still do just as much damage as they did before.

>

Yes, but now they tell you exactly when to dodge. Which is an issue because they provide ALL of a scourges dps and defense. Take a look at what necro weapons and utilites have to offer, check out the damage coefficients.

If you still have issues with necro, the problem is with you as a player not knowing how to dodge without running your mouse over your endurance bar.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

> >

> > You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

>

> I too enjoy opening my kitten up to the sky, allowing wind to scream through my musty tunnel!

>

> You can't use any of necro's blinds or your casted portal if you're stunned! Maybe you're thinking of the several other professions that have access to smoke fields?

>

> Here's the thing to do: reroll power chrono. Laugh as you 1 shot everyone

So you're not actually complaining about not having active defenses or escapes... you're complaining about not having active defenses or escapes that are also stun breaks which is... something a lot of classes have to deal with and not unique to scourge?

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

> > >

> > > You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

> >

> > I too enjoy opening my kitten up to the sky, allowing wind to scream through my musty tunnel!

> >

> > You can't use any of necro's blinds or your casted portal if you're stunned! Maybe you're thinking of the several other professions that have access to smoke fields?

> >

> > Here's the thing to do: reroll power chrono. Laugh as you 1 shot everyone

>

> So you're not actually complaining about not having active defenses or escapes... you're complaining about not having active defenses or escapes that are also stun breaks which is... something a lot of classes have to deal with and not unique to scourge?

I'm complaining that scourge has 0 defensive cds. No block, no invuln, no movement. The only reason this worked before is you could output instant damage to get people to back off. Now, they just hit you until the circle is almost fully expanded then dodge and continue to beat you.

Mes, thief, rev, guard, and ele have shadowsteps with better range than sand portal. War, engi, and druid have movement skills which allow them to re-engage almost immediately. Rangers and DE don't even need to engage, they can just blow you away from max range. Druids have to get 1 CC off on you in a fight, immo and pewpew from 1500 range and there isn't a single thing you can do about it.

It was easy to down a scourge before: range, cc and burst, invuln and burst. Now it's a fucking joke. The issue lies in low ranks not understanding the mechanics. Which apparently they still don't understand, as they're being farmed by scourge still. But look at plat, where scourge wasn't a big problem and they're completely unviable. No defenses, and the only class that tells you exactly when you have to dodge. Where's the tell from mes burst at?

I kind of have to agree that it didn’t need it, it wasn’t that hard to counter if you had a team for it, but that’s kind of the nature of solo/duo.

FB changes probably make necros still feel strong, but the worst part is now rangers have no reason to spec dmg so they are all going to be tanky and just contest forever.

I don’t mind the change tho, I always like more tells go powerful moves.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

> > > >

> > > > You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

> > >

> > > I too enjoy opening my kitten up to the sky, allowing wind to scream through my musty tunnel!

> > >

> > > You can't use any of necro's blinds or your casted portal if you're stunned! Maybe you're thinking of the several other professions that have access to smoke fields?

> > >

> > > Here's the thing to do: reroll power chrono. Laugh as you 1 shot everyone

> >

> > So you're not actually complaining about not having active defenses or escapes... you're complaining about not having active defenses or escapes that are also stun breaks which is... something a lot of classes have to deal with and not unique to scourge?

>

> I'm complaining that scourge has 0 defensive cds. No block, no invuln, no movement. The only reason this worked before is you could output instant damage to get people to back off. Now, they just hit you until the circle is almost fully expanded then dodge and continue to beat you.

>

> Mes, thief, rev, guard, and ele have shadowsteps with better range than sand portal. War, engi, and druid have movement skills which allow them to re-engage almost immediately. Rangers and DE don't even need to engage, they can just blow you away from max range. Druids have to get 1 CC off on you in a fight, immo and pewpew from 1500 range and there isn't a single thing you can do about it.

>

> It was easy to down a scourge before: range, cc and burst, invuln and burst. Now it's a kitten joke. The issue lies in low ranks not understanding the mechanics. Which apparently they still don't understand, as they're being farmed by scourge still. **But look at plat, where scourge wasn't a big problem and they're completely unviable**. No defenses, and the only class that tells you exactly when you have to dodge. Where's the tell from mes burst at?

Actually scourge was a cancer from bronze to legendary, which made many pro player don't do ranked till the patch release just because the unfun to play against scourge, even if your team had 2 scourges you still had to build your build (sorry the redundancy) completely on cleanses and condi pressure which was way too absurd.

And yeah maybe pro player could counter scourge because of skill cap limit (at some level you reach the max skill you can get with your profession).

Instead on lower leagues, but even gold3 and plat1-2 (so not low) you could see bad scourges win against better and decent players in terms of skills, just because how easy broken and braindead was the class and this is unacceptable.

Spellbreaker and warrior is seen by a lot like an easy class to play, but trust me you see immediately the difference from a newbie which has just started playing it and a pro. With scourge a newbie could be immediately a champion with it and kill better players not because of skills but profession only.

Now **scourge is still in meta** if you didn't notice that, means good players can play it still effectively.

The ones complaining are the platinum scourge who doesn't know a single trait of the profession and cannot spam anymore and they are now dropped to gold or even silver.

So don't complain for scourge which still remains meta when classes like ele or rev don't even a have a "good" or "great" build to access to.

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

> > > > >

> > > > > You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

> > > >

> > > > I too enjoy opening my kitten up to the sky, allowing wind to scream through my musty tunnel!

> > > >

> > > > You can't use any of necro's blinds or your casted portal if you're stunned! Maybe you're thinking of the several other professions that have access to smoke fields?

> > > >

> > > > Here's the thing to do: reroll power chrono. Laugh as you 1 shot everyone

> > >

> > > So you're not actually complaining about not having active defenses or escapes... you're complaining about not having active defenses or escapes that are also stun breaks which is... something a lot of classes have to deal with and not unique to scourge?

> >

> > I'm complaining that scourge has 0 defensive cds. No block, no invuln, no movement. The only reason this worked before is you could output instant damage to get people to back off. Now, they just hit you until the circle is almost fully expanded then dodge and continue to beat you.

> >

> > Mes, thief, rev, guard, and ele have shadowsteps with better range than sand portal. War, engi, and druid have movement skills which allow them to re-engage almost immediately. Rangers and DE don't even need to engage, they can just blow you away from max range. Druids have to get 1 CC off on you in a fight, immo and pewpew from 1500 range and there isn't a single thing you can do about it.

> >

> > It was easy to down a scourge before: range, cc and burst, invuln and burst. Now it's a kitten joke. The issue lies in low ranks not understanding the mechanics. Which apparently they still don't understand, as they're being farmed by scourge still. **But look at plat, where scourge wasn't a big problem and they're completely unviable**. No defenses, and the only class that tells you exactly when you have to dodge. Where's the tell from mes burst at?

>

> Actually scourge was a cancer from bronze to legendary, which made many pro player don't do ranked till the patch release just because the unfun to play against scourge, even if your team had 2 scourges you still had to build your build (sorry the redundancy) completely on cleanses and condi pressure which was way too absurd.

>

> And yeah maybe pro player could counter scourge because of skill cap limit (at some level you reach the max skill you can get with your profession).

>

> Instead on lower leagues, but even gold3 and plat1-2 (so not low) you could see bad scourges win against better and decent players in terms of skills, just because how easy broken and braindead was the class and this is unacceptable.

>

> Spellbreaker and warrior is seen by a lot like an easy class to play, but trust me you see immediately the difference from a newbie which has just started playing it and a pro. With scourge a newbie could be immediately a champion with it and kill better players not because of skills but profession only.

>

> Now **scourge is still in meta** if you didn't notice that, means good players can play it still effectively.

> The ones complaining are the platinum scourge who doesn't know a single trait of the profession and cannot spam anymore and they are now dropped to gold or even silver.

>

> So don't complain for scourge which still remains meta when classes like ele or rev don't even a have a "good" or "great" build to access to.

>

>

Again, if you're losing to a class that literally tells you when to dodge with a huge glowing red ring you need to take a look at your playstyle and improve it.

Again, how many scourges were in the top 100 last season? How many are there now? It's not viable in high tier play because the weapon skills are weak, the class mechanic is very easy to dodge or block, and they have poor to no access to disengages/blocks/reflect/stab/invulns or evades.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > Exactly how are you supposed to get someone off of you now on a scourge? No escapes, no fear (good luck hitting the thief or mes in between evade frames now!), no blocks, no invuln. So now range destroys you, and you have no melee peel? Gg scourge lmao

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You have access to heavy blind and a sand portal to use as an escape if necessary, and you can also punish players for following you. There are options, they just don't fit with your old meta. Time to figure out something new.

> > > > >

> > > > > I too enjoy opening my kitten up to the sky, allowing wind to scream through my musty tunnel!

> > > > >

> > > > > You can't use any of necro's blinds or your casted portal if you're stunned! Maybe you're thinking of the several other professions that have access to smoke fields?

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's the thing to do: reroll power chrono. Laugh as you 1 shot everyone

> > > >

> > > > So you're not actually complaining about not having active defenses or escapes... you're complaining about not having active defenses or escapes that are also stun breaks which is... something a lot of classes have to deal with and not unique to scourge?

> > >

> > > I'm complaining that scourge has 0 defensive cds. No block, no invuln, no movement. The only reason this worked before is you could output instant damage to get people to back off. Now, they just hit you until the circle is almost fully expanded then dodge and continue to beat you.

> > >

> > > Mes, thief, rev, guard, and ele have shadowsteps with better range than sand portal. War, engi, and druid have movement skills which allow them to re-engage almost immediately. Rangers and DE don't even need to engage, they can just blow you away from max range. Druids have to get 1 CC off on you in a fight, immo and pewpew from 1500 range and there isn't a single thing you can do about it.

> > >

> > > It was easy to down a scourge before: range, cc and burst, invuln and burst. Now it's a kitten joke. The issue lies in low ranks not understanding the mechanics. Which apparently they still don't understand, as they're being farmed by scourge still. **But look at plat, where scourge wasn't a big problem and they're completely unviable**. No defenses, and the only class that tells you exactly when you have to dodge. Where's the tell from mes burst at?

> >

> > Actually scourge was a cancer from bronze to legendary, which made many pro player don't do ranked till the patch release just because the unfun to play against scourge, even if your team had 2 scourges you still had to build your build (sorry the redundancy) completely on cleanses and condi pressure which was way too absurd.

> >

> > And yeah maybe pro player could counter scourge because of skill cap limit (at some level you reach the max skill you can get with your profession).

> >

> > Instead on lower leagues, but even gold3 and plat1-2 (so not low) you could see bad scourges win against better and decent players in terms of skills, just because how easy broken and braindead was the class and this is unacceptable.

> >

> > Spellbreaker and warrior is seen by a lot like an easy class to play, but trust me you see immediately the difference from a newbie which has just started playing it and a pro. With scourge a newbie could be immediately a champion with it and kill better players not because of skills but profession only.

> >

> > Now **scourge is still in meta** if you didn't notice that, means good players can play it still effectively.

> > The ones complaining are the platinum scourge who doesn't know a single trait of the profession and cannot spam anymore and they are now dropped to gold or even silver.

> >

> > So don't complain for scourge which still remains meta when classes like ele or rev don't even a have a "good" or "great" build to access to.

> >

> >

>

> Again, if you're losing to a class that literally tells you when to dodge with a huge glowing red ring you need to take a look at your playstyle and improve it.

>

> Again, how many scourges were in the top 100 last season? How many are there now? It's not viable in high tier play because the weapon skills are weak, the class mechanic is very easy to dodge or block, and they have poor to no access to disengages/blocks/reflect/stab/invulns or evades.

The argument of how many scourges were and are in top 100 is stupid, because at legendary rank every single comp had at least 1 scourge. Your team has a scourge and the enemy has a scourge too or it was too disadvantageous not having at least 1 one in the comp. So the scourge population is just balance like any other class in the top 100.

Just saying that floods of silvers and golds players got platinum with scourge, thing they never achieved before. And now they cry because dropping low on ranks.

As i told you the profession is still in the meta list. Condi mirage is not more meta because nerfed more heavily, if still used in meta comps maybe it is not that trash like you think, it just requires more brain to use it propery now. Thing that many players after months of SPAM cannot do unfortunately.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Oh no it has a 0.5s animation now you have to actually think about when to use your skills **just like every other class**.

>

> Most of the patch was bad but this was one of the few things they did right.

>

Which is ironic, because as soon as scourge players figure out that the faster they mash or spam their shade skills, the more it seems to lock the enemies down meaning instant death in the shade bomb. It's likely caused by a lag spike due to the spamming coupled with the .5s delay, at least what's many other players are noticing.

I've tested this waiting about a second in between hitting each F skill, and there is no issue, but the second you roll your hand over F2-F5, it seems to temporarily yet drastically slow down you and the people within the shade meaning enemies caught within the shade are essentially dead.

It's far easier to kill players with scourge now. If you or others havn't been hit with the shade lag yet, you will, once more players figure it out. This is going to go from bad to worse very shortly. I don't think this is fixable unless they remove the delay entirely, but we likely aren't going to see that for a few more months at least.

The fact that good players are still doing well doesn't mean that some of the nerfs to the spec weren't uncalled for. Halving the condition->boon conversion of Nefarious favor was unnecessary and, worse, wasn't limited to just PvP. PvP and WvW actually saw worse than a halving in this aspect, since they also saw a 25% cooldown increase.

As an aside, I hated writing the triple-negative in my first sentence here.