The damage reduction of Call Lightning in soulbeast mode is excessive

Arheundel.6451

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> While understandable and openly accepted, I believe that a 75% dmg reduction is a tad excessive and therefore I suggest to cut the reduction by 15% , 60% dmg reduction should still be considered fine in my book, I hope we can work something out for next balance patch.

>

> BTW tyvm for the Owl fix

when was this done? was there some kind of ninja nerf on beastmode jacaranda skill that was not mentioned? or that i completely missed?

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > While understandable and openly accepted, I believe that a 75% dmg reduction is a tad excessive and therefore I suggest to cut the reduction by 15% , 60% dmg reduction should still be considered fine in my book, I hope we can work something out for next balance patch.

> >

> > BTW tyvm for the Owl fix

>

> when was this done? was there some kind of ninja nerf on beastmode jacaranda skill that was not mentioned? or that i completely missed?

The dmg reduction was there from the start like for all other beast skills, they get reduced dmg for balance reason when merged but I still find the dmg reduction of Call Lightning a tad too much : at 2k power, we go from pet dmg of 5.5k to beastmode dmg of 1.4k..increasing this number by 1k ( hence going down from 75% to 60% ) would make the skill that much better in wvw/pvp without creating huge imbalance in pve

Mhh ? I didn't play my Soulbeast much after the balance patch, but I don't seem to see a difference ? Do you mean the difference between the Jacaranda version and the BeastMode version ?

So, since ANet is very consistent with the way they show the damage, sometimes you have to ''guess''. What I mean is that the Jacaranda version tooltip shows the ''total damage'' and the Soulbeast version shows the ''damage on each pulse''. 5175 damage for the Jacaranda and 3325 damage for BeastMode version (5x665).

It works like this:

The pet version of this skill was given a lot of damage, but a tiny radius to compensate.

The player version was given a reduced strength version, but no radius increase to compensate.

The power of the soulbeast mode of the skill is fine, but it should have it's radius increased to 240 to match it's damage nerf.

> @"Soilder.3607" said:

> it should have it's radius increased to 240

It's the only thing that annoys me ! When Scourge's traited Shades are easily bigger and all AoE from other classes too (Wells radius = 360, Traps attack radius = 240) ! The only comparable radius is from Sword of Justice, which is even more spammable, does more damage and is faster.

Another thing is that Jacaranda version needs the pet to be outside (is it spaghetti code ?). If you merge with your Jacaranda before it finished its Call Lightning, the spell disappears. Unreliable.