Swiss Army Farming NodeTool

We have tomes to hold portal scrolls to various areas of the map (QoL a space saving idea). We also have methods to increase the karma gained on certain maps.

Now I'd like to extend that idea to farming tools. Buy farming tools with specific advantages (additional unbound magic, additional voltaic magic, or additional sprockets).

What if we could buy an unbreakable "blank" and buy either temporary or permanent features to add to them: +10% magic find, unbound/voltaic magic, +X% Karma, or whatever Anet wants to put out there. They could be purchased temporarily on a per hit basis, only work with bonuses available where the item is found (IE voltaic magic), or come at some personal cost.

And so things don't get waaaay out of hand (imagine a rich node giving the ore +Karma+unbound magic+ volatile magic+ magic find+ "X"!!!) a limitation could be put on them that one or two advantages could be active per tool at any given time.

Definitely one bonus only. I would love a selector or something where you can pick:

1. The Skin

2. The Bonus (UBM, sprockets)

I want to use the cosmetics of my tireless gathering minions and bone pick, but as long as the unbound tools and watchwork picks exist in the current state, the minions are quite inferior.

Yeah, I mean, we ought to be able to 'mush' all our tools together into one tool (per type: harvest, log, mine), with the resulting tool always having the 'best in slot' for the advantage type, whether it be unbound magic, volatile magic, speed, bonus mats, whatever. As we mush tools, the tool 'cosmetics' are all added to a tool wardrobe, and we pick the 'look' for our mushed tool.

So if you had (understanding these don't exist, just an example):

1. Axe with 10% increased gathering speed, unbound magic gathering

2. Axe with 15% gathering speed, volatile magic gathering

3. Axe with no bonuses, but the animation of a quaggan in a space suit

You could mush them into an Axe that had 15% gathering speed, unbound magic gathering, volatile magic gathering, and select the quaggan space suit cosmetic.

If you later purchased an Axe of LW5 Blahblah Magic Gathering with a cosmetic look of a monkey banging symbols together, you could then mash it into your collection and have:

Axe that had 15% gathering speed, unbound magic gathering, volatile magic gathering, blahblah magic gathering and select the new symbol monkey skin (until you got tired of it and went back to the quaggan skin, because really, that's the best one).

Update: Okay, my idea of having 'all' the bonuses at one time is too crazy. Maybe picking any 2 best-in-slot that you have at a time makes more sense, as others have said. :)

> @"thehipone.6812" said:

> Definitely one bonus only. I would love a selector or something where you can pick:

> 1. The Skin

> 2. The Bonus (UBM, sprockets)

>

> I want to use the cosmetics of my tireless gathering minions and bone pick, but as long as the unbound tools and watchwork picks exist in the current state, the minions are quite inferior.

Now that I think about it, I guess my idea to mash 'all' bonuses is out of control. I like your idea of getting to pick the best you have of any 2 at a time. That makes more sense than my crazy idea. :)