A Little Patience.... NAH.. Prolly Not

usnedward.9023

YAY! It s release of PoF day!

May I remind all you folk that:

1. There will be a download

2. There will be lag

3. There will undoubtedly be some patches in the coming days to fix what testing does not always find

4. There will be broken mechanics (usually)

5. There will be whiners

6. There will be terrible &^%$#$ type of chat

7. There will be fun!

Can we all have just a little patience? Can we all just stop comparing what WoW and other MMOs do? Can we just have some fun when PoF finally drops?

Good luck all on the release, good fortune and may you find the treasures that make you rich beyond what you have!

> @TheUndefined.1720 said:

> It launches 9am PST?

There may be a time but don't hold your breath, It is crunch time. It may or may not release on time and wouldn't it be great if it released early:) I can picture the all nighter the Dev team pulled last night...the empty lines at Starbucks because there is no more coffee...the bloodshot eyes of a team on the brink of a nervous breakdown. Let's not ruin it for them :)

> @usnedward.9023 said:

> > @TheUndefined.1720 said:

> > It launches 9am PST?

>

> There may be a time but don't hold your breath, It is crunch time. It may or may not release on time and wouldn't it be great if it released early:) I can picture the all nighter the Dev team pulled last night...the empty lines at Starbucks because there is no more coffee...the bloodshot eyes of a team on the brink of a nervous breakdown. Let's not ruin it for them :)

Cool, thanks for the info :)

> @Anela.3867 said:

> I couldn't sleep and had a migraine this morning from the lack of sleep and excitement. I got to work and asked for 1/2 day off so I can play. Can't wait!

I tend to be calm on these releases. I sleep fine but I am going to approach this patch differently, patiently and map by map. I rushed HoT and jumped map to map to map and did not enjoy it. I am in no rush this time. Good luck to you!

Just be glad we're not playing one of those MMOs (pretty much any of them) where the update time is when they take the servers offline and then no one can play at all, even the existing content, until they come back online potentially hours later. Oh and any patches will require taking the servers offline again for a few hours.

The 'annoyance' of logging out, updating and going back in seems trivial when you've been playing a game where the update hits and everyone gets kicked out and told to come back in 4 hours to see if the servers are online yet.

(I do keep wondering why other games don't use the same tech GW2 does to update with the servers online, but apparently it's not that simple.)

Edit: Ok, it's got to be done, can't resist:

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> Just be glad we're not playing one of those MMOs (pretty much any of them) where the update time is when they take the servers offline and then no one can play at all, even the existing content, until they come back online potentially hours later. Oh and any patches will require taking the servers offline again for a few hours.

>

> The 'annoyance' of logging out, updating and going back in seems trivial when you've been playing a game where the update hits and everyone gets kicked out and told to come back in 4 hours to see if the servers are online yet.

>

> (I do keep wondering why other games don't use the same tech GW2 does to update with the servers online, but apparently it's not that simple.)

>

> Edit: Ok, it's got to be done, can't resist:

>

>

Very valid point I never thought of. Patches or fixes drop and all you have to do is logout, download, login and play. The days when I played other games and you never knew how long it was until you actually got to play.....also good one on the vid..wish I'd thought of that

> @usnedward.9023 said:

>.....also good one on the vid..wish I'd thought of that

I think of that song pretty much any time someone says 'just a little patience'. Really annoys a friend of mine, but I can't help it.

Besides I can't make Welcome to the Jungle jokes with this expansion, so I've got to do something.