Mount Skins - Choice versus Random slap in the face.

Abakk.9176

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> >

> > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

>

> Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

>

You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > >

> > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> >

> > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> >

>

> You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > >

> > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > >

> > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > >

> >

> > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

>

> A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > >

> > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > >

> > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> >

> > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

>

> If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

>

> The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > >

> > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > >

> > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> >

> > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

>

> If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

>

> The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

And that is different because?

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > >

> > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > >

> > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> >

> > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> >

> > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

>

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > >

> > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > >

> > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> >

> > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> >

> > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

>

> And that is different because?

What is different? Buying all clothes in RNG boxes for $150 that will land me one of each article of clothing? Retailers don't sell clothes that way *because* they are different.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > > >

> > > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> > >

> > > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> > >

> > > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> >

> > > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > > >

> > > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> > >

> > > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> > >

> > > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> >

> > And that is different because?

>

> What is different? Buying all clothes in RNG boxes for $150 that will land me one of each article of clothing? Retailers don't sell clothes that way *because* they are different.

You seem to be missing the point. How is fashion online is different than that of fashion in the physical world and how exactly is getting something you don't like not a waste of money?

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > >

> > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> >

> > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> >

>

> You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

It's gross and baffling to me how willing you are to accept, with open arms and wallet, your abject dissolution of agency. Even more so your apologetics for the same.

I don't accept that someone else gets to make decisions about what I might, possibly, one day want to do with my money. An 'option' would be to give me the choice to buy this thing later, if I ever change my mind. Taking money that I worked for and giving me something useless in return is insulting robbery.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > >

> >

> >

>

After receiving what comes close enough to what i wanted i will never buy another skin again while this weird random system is in place. It set me back 20 euro to get an option to have 4 dye channels on my raptor and im still hating myself for giving in to a system that is clearly not designed for people that actually have to mind what they spend money on.

My point was/is that if i can CHOOSE what skin i buy i most likely buy more skins as time goes by. Im not against a cash shop in a F2P game, im against throwing my money in the wind just to see what comes back for it.

I have for example, spent about 100 euro on armor- and glider skins so far, because i can look at them, choose them and receive them when i buy them. And even that is going to have to wait a while now because i can only spend my money once.

But hey, i'm sure there's people that can actually afford and enjoy throwing in cash just for the thrill of unwrapping the blindly bought items. They probably make more cash off of them than off of folks like me.

Personally i would have made all the skins an open choice (like armors, gliders, etc..) and given the standard mounts 4 dye channels. People that can afford it would still buy all of them anyway and people that have to mind what they spend could actually be persuaded to buy more if they could only SEE what they buy.

It's just a silly system they have now and imo it stifles potential sales.

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > > > >

> > > > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> > > >

> > > > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> > > >

> > > > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> > >

> > > > > @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > > > >

> > > > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> > > >

> > > > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> > > >

> > > > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> > >

> > > And that is different because?

> >

> > What is different? Buying all clothes in RNG boxes for $150 that will land me one of each article of clothing? Retailers don't sell clothes that way *because* they are different.

>

> You seem to be missing the point. How is fashion online is different than that of fashion in the physical world and how exactly is getting something you don't like not a waste of money?

Then I ask you, why do players fill out the wardrobe? No, players may not seek to get 100% of the wardrobe done, but they ultimately seek out to get options available. I'll answer the question for you: because the game encourages alts. Just because a particular piece doesn't fit or look that great doesn't mean it won't fit for a character or look you will make in the future.

That's why fashion in the physical world is different from GW2 fashion. Not because fashion is always changing and pushing the envelope, but because you can't 100% make a new human being with the specific hair, body proportions and skin tone and then dress up your created human to your liking whenever you want.

> @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > >

> > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > >

> > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > >

> >

> > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

>

> It's gross and baffling to me how willing you are to accept, with open arms and wallet, your abject dissolution of agency. Even more so your apologetics for the same.

>

> I don't accept that someone else gets to make decisions about what I might, possibly, one day want to do with my money. An 'option' would be to give me the choice to buy this thing later, if I ever change my mind. Taking money that I worked for and giving me something useless in return is insulting robbery.

And it is gross and baffling how completely out of touch with the reality of what you're discussing. This is a GAME meant to make a profit from digital goods and here you are objecting to that with full knowledge of that fact and attempting to take a moral argument on what amounts to absolutely nothing that requires agency.

Get some perspective.

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> After receiving what comes close enough to what i wanted i will never buy another skin again while this weird random system is in place. It set me back 20 euro to get an option to have 4 dye channels on my raptor and im still hating myself for giving in to a system that is clearly not designed for people that actually have to mind what they spend money on.

>

> My point was/is that if i can CHOOSE what skin i buy i most likely buy more skins as time goes by. Im not against a cash shop in a F2P game, im against throwing my money in the wind just to see what comes back for it.

>

> I have for example, spent about 100 euro on armor- and glider skins so far, because i can look at them, choose them and receive them when i buy them. And even that is going to have to wait a while now because i can only spend my money once.

>

> But hey, i'm sure there's people that can actually afford and enjoy throwing in cash just for the thrill of unwrapping the blindly bought items. They probably make more cash off of them than off of folks like me.

>

> Personally i would have made all the skins an open choice (like armors, gliders, etc..) and given the standard mounts 4 dye channels. People that can afford it would still buy all of them anyway and people that have to mind what they spend could actually be persuaded to buy more if they could only SEE what they buy.

>

> It's just a silly system they have now and imo it stifles potential sales.

I feel it's perfectly within your right to choose how you spend your money and have an opinion about RNG or the adoption licenses specifically.

But don't forget that you chose to spend 20 euro on those licenses when you could have saved up in-game gold instead. You also *CHOSE* to seek out only raptor skins likely because you *CHOSE* to clutch your pearls and fervently stick to "mah faverite mount" when all mounts are perfectly servicable, fashionable and unique thus having options for them all is a positive. Just like you're choosing to continue your discontent about a model of skin delivery that has been stated to not change by the devs themselves.

Again, there's nothing wrong with having opinions and choosing to side by those opinions (I do it all the time when it comes to adding more races to the game or how bad the armor system is in the game). But it isn't a choice to accept that some things will not change by the whims of a few disgruntled individuals with different reasons for being disgruntled.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:you *CHOSE* to clutch your pearls and fervently stick to "mah faverite mount" when all mounts are perfectly servicable, fashionable and unique thus having options for them all is a positive. Just like you're choosing to continue your discontent about a model of skin delivery that has been stated to not change by the devs themselves.

Are you trolling, by any chance, Leo?

If not, I suggest you stop using terms like "clutching your pearls" and changing his, perfectly reasonable, words into "mah faverite mount".

Seems to me that this situation is like most gambling in online games.

Fine* if you happen to want most of the "options" - not so fine, if you don't.

Also, it's not an "option" if you don't want it.

Or not a viable one, anyway. :)

Most players aren't children, or teenagers.

Most have a developed sense of style, already and are not going to suddenly wake up one morning and decide that it has totally changed overnight.

Just not the way it works for most grown-ups. ;)

Personally, as someone who couldn't even be bothered to open up most of the mounts, in this game, as zany (most appropriate word I could think of) mounts just don't do anything for me, I don't really have a horse in this race, but still.

Give me a regular big cat mount, that runs normally (and ideally, also flies) and I would be more interested.

*Of course, plenty of people have an issue with gambling, in games, in general and several governments, around the world, are currently looking into banning it, but I digress...

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> > > > >

> > > > > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> > > >

> > > > > > @"Demented Sheep.1642" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kalibri.5861" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > > > > > > > > After a third and partially successful atempt, ive now spent 1200G to get at least 1 generic raptor skin that i've decided to be content with and i'll never buy another again... at least not while this 'blind date' system is in place.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But you didn't spend 1200 gold for 1 generic raptor, you got several other skin options opened to you as well, none of which are copies of one another.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Minor necropost, sorry, but this argument makes me mad. When will people who suggest this comprehend that buying something that you don't want does not constitute an 'option'? If you have paid money for a thing that has zero value to you and which you will not use, then you have thrown that money in the trash. You're not getting anything good or useful. It's not an option. You've wasted time and effort and money, and that is why people hate this system.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're wrong. It *IS* a new option. You may not want that option the instant you get it, but later on when you're not screaming to the heavens about being wronged or having your efforts thrown to the wind, you may legitimately enjoy an option you might have not considered before. Even if that option isn't the best-in-show option you wanted, it could very well be better than another option (i.e. the base model) you have and that is why the options are set as the cheapest alternative.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A "new option" you don't want is worthless. Would you buy everything in a clothing store, including things you don't like at all, because you might conceivably change your mind and your sense of style one day? Of course you wouldn't, that would be a waste of money.

> > > > >

> > > > > If I could buy everything for $150 in a bundle even high priced brands, then yes, I probably would buy everything.

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference is, you're conflating actual fashion to GW2 fashion. You only make your point weaker by doing so.

> > > >

> > > > And that is different because?

> > >

> > > What is different? Buying all clothes in RNG boxes for $150 that will land me one of each article of clothing? Retailers don't sell clothes that way *because* they are different.

> >

> > You seem to be missing the point. How is fashion online is different than that of fashion in the physical world and how exactly is getting something you don't like not a waste of money?

>

> Then I ask you, why do players fill out the wardrobe? No, players may not seek to get 100% of the wardrobe done, but they ultimately seek out to get options available. I'll answer the question for you: because the game encourages alts. Just because a particular piece doesn't fit or look that great doesn't mean it won't fit for a character or look you will make in the future.

>

> That's why fashion in the physical world is different from GW2 fashion. Not because fashion is always changing and pushing the envelope, but because you can't 100% make a new human being with the specific hair, body proportions and skin tone and then dress up your created human to your liking whenever you want.

In game is one thing, you would be doing that content anyway and it like achievement hunting. Not to mention it's why do SOME players fill it out. How many players actually bother filling it out with things they don't want other than those that are falling into their lap?

The cash shop is a another thing altogether, If you think majority of players buy things from the cash shop they don't particularly like just to fill out the wardrobe you need get your head checked.

Even when you are creating different looks for your alts it still obviously going to be in the bounds of what you actually like. Even RPers, which most players are not, make characters they like the look of.

And while where on the subject, lets look at price points shall we? Most outfits or armors cost 700 to 800 gems. The mounts, which are largely just a reskin with maybe some minor models edits, are half that for a random and depending on how many of them actually want very poor chance at getting something you would actually want on mount you use more than once in blue moon for specific purpose.

> @"Tigaseye.2047" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:you *CHOSE* to clutch your pearls and fervently stick to "mah faverite mount" when all mounts are perfectly servicable, fashionable and unique thus having options for them all is a positive. Just like you're choosing to continue your discontent about a model of skin delivery that has been stated to not change by the devs themselves.

>

> Are you trolling, by any chance, Leo?

>

> If not, I suggest you stop using terms like "clutching your pearls" and changing his, perfectly reasonable, words into "mah faverite mount".

>

> Seems to me that this situation is like most gambling in online games.

>

> Fine* if you happen to want most of the "options" - not so fine, if you don't.

>

The reason I don't mind it is because it's 100% optional. They are skins that have ZERO effect on the game. People complain about a lot of things and one is pay-2-win which is exactly what is being avoided but still complained about because, at the root of the argument, all they want is what they want for cheap. It's not the principle of the matter of RNG (because, as it's been explained dozens upon dozens of times, the licenses are NOT rng but instead grab-bag and if this were an argument of principles, that fact wouldn't be ignored) but of price being mascaraded as moral treachery. If I'm seen as trolling for that then so be it.

> @"Tigaseye.2047" said:

> Just not the way it works for most grown-ups. ;)

If you really are grown-up, you'd know that growing up requires sacrifices and compromises. And just because you want something doesn't actually mean you want that thing. Having aimed for various goals and achieved them, it wasn't the goals that I actually wanted, but what came from attaining those goals. The same can be said for various prizes in games.

But nice try with your immature jab at other people's maturity. It's backfired on you tremendously.

> In game is one thing, you would be doing that content anyway and it like achievement hunting. Not to mention it's why do SOME players fill it out. How many players actually bother filling it out with things they don't want other than those that are falling into their lap?

It's a varied set of reasons and it does happen. Some for achievements, some to get access to other parts, some for gear and some for future options for future characters.

> The cash shop is a another thing altogether, If you think majority of players buy things from the cash shop they don't particularly like just to fill out the wardrobe you need get your head checked.

Some people do. Why do you think limited time sales exist? Put something in the gem store for cheap enough and even people not spending a dime will buy into it. Why do you think the licenses are the cheapest means of getting skins? Why do you think they put a grab-bag feature on the mechanic in the 1st place?

Just because I am not against the licences doesn't mean I don't understand why its in place.

> Even when you are creating different looks for your alts it still obviously going to be in the bounds of what you actually like. Even RPers, which most players are not, make characters they like the look of.

>

For one, the options you don't want =/= looking bad.

For two, no, even RPers understand repetativeness, cliche and self-awareness. They may like the look of a particular thing, but they are self aware to know that another individual (of their creation) may not share the same style or possessions as another and will intentionally make them look different, even at the cost of using their favorite styles.

For three, and this may be a personal consideration unique to myself, but self-restraint. Another facet of self-awareness, but when noticing you're surrounded by much of the same thing, holding off on those things and reaching outside your comfort zone may be healthy overall. I enjoy the springer most of all but occasionally, I stop myself from using it or the jackal and use the raptor instead. A minor example but you should get the point.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > In game is one thing, you would be doing that content anyway and it like achievement hunting. Not to mention it's why do SOME players fill it out. How many players actually bother filling it out with things they don't want other than those that are falling into their lap?

>

> It's a varied set of reasons and it does happen. Some for achievements, some to get access to other parts, some for gear and some for future options for future characters.

>

> > The cash shop is a another thing altogether, If you think majority of players buy things from the cash shop they don't particularly like just to fill out the wardrobe you need get your head checked.

>

> Some people do. Why do you think limited time sales exist? Put something in the gem store for cheap enough and even people not spending a dime will buy into it. Why do you think the licenses are the cheapest means of getting skins? Why do you think they put a grab-bag feature on the mechanic in the 1st place?

>

> Just because I am not against the licences doesn't mean I don't understand why its in place.

>

> > Even when you are creating different looks for your alts it still obviously going to be in the bounds of what you actually like. Even RPers, which most players are not, make characters they like the look of.

> >

>

> For one, the options you don't want =/= looking bad.

>

> For two, no, even RPers understand repetativeness, cliche and self-awareness. They may like the look of a particular thing, but they are self aware to know that another individual (of their creation) may not share the same style or possessions as another and will intentionally make them look different, even at the cost of using their favorite styles.

>

> For three, and this may be a personal consideration unique to myself, but self-restraint. Another facet of self-awareness, but when noticing you're surrounded by much of the same thing, holding off on those things and reaching outside your comfort zone may be healthy overall. I enjoy the springer most of all but occasionally, I stop myself from using it or the jackal and use the raptor instead. A minor example but you should get the point.

>

Some players will buy anything and everything that Anet feeds them. Doesn't make it good or fair practice or even what would get most players to buy. What is fair or worthwhile is going to be up to each player to decide for themselves and feedback on what you like and dislike is what game forums are for. The reason things are timed is to get people to buy it with cash rather than saving up for it with gold because it will be gone by the time they get enough. As for why they use RNG for mount skins, it because people get addicted to gambling and they are targeting "whales". People in general aren't good with statistics or keeping track of what they are spending if it is in small increments and will throw money at things because they are "sure" they will get it the next time or because they have gotten into the sunk cost fallacy without thinking about that fact that the $5 mount skin they wanted has become $50.

Just because YOU don't think a lot of the mounts skins look bad doesn't mean other people don't. Not using your "favorite" style is not same as using a style you actively dislike. I'm not going to use something that looks a designer vomited effects onto it just to _look different _, so having that option IS WORTHLESS to me. To diversify my characters I will get them the specific things I want them to use that are different to what my other characters use, not throw a dice. Many players, who are not me, treat their characters like self inserts and won't make an effort to have alts look particularly diverse and that their choice and how they like to play. This is about giving the players more control over what they want to buy rather than making them jump through hoops.

This isn't about someone who is shut in stepping other their comfort zones in a meaningful way every once in while (which is healthy), this about gambling money on cosmetics.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> But don't forget that you chose to spend 20 euro on those licenses when you could have saved up in-game gold instead.

That is completely beside my point. Which is that i am certain they can make more money off of people like me when we are offered a choice out of a range of skins instead of an expensive shot in the dark. Its nothing to do with an alternate way to get gems.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> You also *CHOSE* to seek out only raptor skins likely because you *CHOSE* to clutch your pearls and fervently stick to "mah faverite mount" when all mounts are perfectly servicable, fashionable and unique thus having options for them all is a positive.

Again; beside the point. But functionality aside, the Springer and Jackal look like poop next to the Raptor and the Rey. It's like two completely different universes of design. Fashion has nothing to do with it. Drunken developer probably does.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> Just like you're choosing to continue your discontent about a model of skin delivery that has been stated to not change by the devs themselves.

Customer feedback is ALWAYS valuable and wanted ... no matter what or how some people feel about them, even the company themselves. A company denying this is doing something wrong. And looking at some of the replies in this thread im not the only one they won't be selling any mount skins to anymore.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> Again, there's nothing wrong with having opinions and choosing to side by those opinions (I do it all the time when it comes to adding more races to the game or how bad the armor system is in the game). But it isn't a choice to accept that some things will not change by the whims of a few disgruntled individuals with different reasons for being disgruntled.

Companies make decisions about their course and future developement based on what feedback they get from their customers. This forum is a part of that system and perfect for my purpose.

Just wait for those 2000 gem skins, they continuously develop new skins.

This issue has been discussed a lot already and they changed their course.

That random skin set will stay as it is but they will not add any new skins to that collection.

All new skins will be introduced as guaranteed skins for 2000 gems.

So if you don't like RNG just wait for new skins.

> Some players will buy anything and everything that Anet feeds them. Doesn't make it good or fair practice or even what would get most players to buy. What is fair or worthwhile is going to be up to each player to decide for themselves and feedback on what you like and dislike is what game forums are for. The reason things are timed is to get people to buy it with cash rather than saving up for it with gold because it will be gone by the time they get enough. As for why they use RNG for mount skins, it because people get addicted to gambling and they are targeting "whales". People in general aren't good with statistics or keeping track of what they are spending if it is in small increments and will throw money at things because they are "sure" they will get it the next time or because they have gotten into the sunk cost fallacy without thinking about that fact that the $5 mount skin they wanted has become $50.

You're basing your argument on moral standards. Morals do not pay bills. What pays bills are sales and if the licenses sell, what argument do you have then?

Also, you're making assumptions. Just because people buy RNG things doesn't mean "They are victims that are now addicted to gambling", nor are the licenses priced at a point (or built in any way) to qualify them as whale food.

> Just because YOU don't think a lot of the mounts skins look bad doesn't mean other people don't. Not using your "favorite" style is not same as using a style you actively dislike. I'm not going to use something that looks a designer vomited effects onto it just to _look different _, so having that option IS WORTHLESS to me. To diversify my characters I will get them the specific things I want them to use that are different to what my other characters use, not throw a dice. Many players, who are not me, treat their characters like self inserts and won't make an effort to have alts look particularly diverse and that their choice and how they like to play. This is about giving the players more control over what they want to buy rather than making them jump through hoops.

> This isn't about someone who is shut in stepping other their comfort zones in a meaningful way every once in while (which is healthy), this about gambling money on cosmetics.

Not going to continue to argue as we are just talking in circles. However, if your only solution is "give me what I want", all I can say is good luck to ya. I can acknowledge when someone digs their heels in the dirt and refuse to move, but when everyone has already moved on, having addressed the issue already, you either have to move on or stand your ground. You not buying something affects whom? You and yourself. It also affects the company you're not buying from but when we're talking about a couple month's worth of sub fee *ONCE*, that affect is very very minor.

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

> That is completely beside my point.

No it's not.

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

>Which is that i am certain they can make more money off of people like me when we are offered a choice out of a range of skins instead of an expensive shot in the dark. Its nothing to do with an alternate way to get gems.

Show me proof.

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

> Again; beside the point. But functionality aside, the Springer and Jackal look like poop next to the Raptor and the Rey. It's like two completely different universes of design. Fashion has nothing to do with it. Drunken developer probably does.

You still need the Springer and the Jackal. Even if only for a second, the skins can have some effect.

Also, it's a Ray, not a "Jedi".

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

> Customer feedback is ALWAYS valuable and wanted ... no matter what or how some people feel about them, even the company themselves. A company denying this is doing something wrong. And looking at some of the replies in this thread im not the only one they won't be selling any mount skins to anymore.

>

Yeah, well, customers can be exploitative harmful jerks too. That's why any company dealing with sales has some sort of Theft or Assets Protection department.

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

> Companies make decisions about their course and future developement based on what feedback they get from their customers. This forum is a part of that system and perfect for my purpose.

>

And the process goes full circle. I'm criticizing your feedback. This forum facilitates this purpose as well.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

>

> ... nor are the licenses priced at a point (or built in any way) to qualify them as whale food.

Individual licenses, no. When it came out, the entire package (all 30) cost something like 9600 gems at its "discounted" rate. As far as I can remember, that is the highest sale point for either a bundle or an individual item in the history of the store. So, the implementation was both for big spenders and the nickel and dime crowd. That said, buying the package completely removed the RNG.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> >

> > ... nor are the licenses priced at a point (or built in any way) to qualify them as whale food.

>

> Individual licenses, no. When it came out, the entire package (all 30) cost something like 9600 gems at its "discounted" rate. As far as I can remember, that is the highest sale point for either a bundle or an individual item in the history of the store. So, the implementation was both for big spenders and the nickel and dime crowd. That said, buying the package completely removed the RNG.

Yeah, that last part is why I wouldn't qualify it as whale food. Once you buy it, that's it. You cannot buy it again for that account. If the license skins were character bound rather than account bound, I'd probably agree that all the skins are for whales.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

>

> You're basing your argument on moral standards. Morals do not pay bills. What pays bills are sales and if the licenses sell, what argument do you have then?

>

> Also, you're making assumptions. Just because people buy RNG things doesn't mean "They are victims that are now addicted to gambling", nor are the licenses priced at a point (or built in any way) to qualify them as whale food.

>

And lo! You have finally manage to stumble upon an argument that has some legitimately. Yeah they are company, yeah they have bills to pay. You can use that argument justify everything. As said, what constitutes fair or reasonable and where the line is that you start getting fed up and just leave or stop spending money on the game altogether depends on each person and once again voicing your opinion is why official game forums even exist. Not just to shower them with praise and wave their banner for them.

Not ALL are victims no, and how much is personal responsibility is arguable but you can't deny the physiological effect of loot boxes and gambling or that this is what game companies are attempting to do tactics like this. It is very very well documented.

> Not going to continue to argue as we are just talking in circles. However, if your only solution is "give me what I want", all I can say is good luck to ya. I can acknowledge when someone digs their heels in the dirt and refuse to move, but when everyone has already moved on, having addressed the issue already, you either have to move on or stand your ground. You not buying something affects whom? You and yourself. It also affects the company you're not buying from but when we're talking about a couple month's worth of sub fee *ONCE*, that affect is very very minor.

>

People who otherwise would be buying things not buying things and being unhappy with state of the game affects Anet. Of course I'm asking for them to "give me what I (and other who agree with me as I'm far from the only one who hates RNG) would want". The hell do you think customer feedback is? If they sold the skins individual at 800 gems I would buy some of them, as it is I'm not going to touch the licencees or any other RNG skin boxes again.

> Not ALL are victims no, and how much is personal responsibility is arguable but you can't deny the physiological effect of loot boxes and gambling or that this is what game companies are attempting to do tactics like this. It is very very well documented.

>

But you are not arguing the ethics of lootboxes, you are arguing the price of mount skin licenses. This is disingenuous.

> People who otherwise would be buying things not buying things and being unhappy with state of the game affects Anet. Of course I'm asking for them to "give me what I (and other who agree with me as I'm far from the only one who hates RNG) would want". The hell do you think customer feedback is? If they sold the skins individual at 800 gems I would buy some of them, as it is I'm not going to touch the licencees or any other RNG skin boxes again.

Because giving you what you want has ramifications on others' purchases. Not that I feel it matters on this subject, but there are ways to convey what you want but compromise for something close. So a "Of course I'm asking for what I want" still seems like a short-sighted selfish response to what could be a reasoned discussion.