0.5 delay when exiting shroud

kKagari.6804

> @flow.6043 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > Sigh. I hope we can still do zero decay flashes.

>

> Actually, they had already stealth nerfed that. I'm not sure when, but entering Shroud would instantly substract 1 tick of life force.

>

> @ 0.5 seconds delay: WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

>

> We had about 1 topic per month on the old forum where some guy complained about not having training wheels for their itchy trigger fingers. And every time it was reasonably counter argued that this would be an unnecessary change and the real problem is l2p.

> Well, now it's nerfed. Thanks.

>

> Reaper's Onslaught and Cold Shoulder looks good though.

>

Hmm really? I had a look the other day and didnt notice a change in lf. No use discussing it now though

I don't think reapers enter and exit shroud immediately without doing anything first so the change helps.

Vanilla necros on the other hand, might do that just for the swiftness trait or the clear condi trait and this will kind of hurt them if they have to waste more LF.

I wonder if this also works with the trait that pulls us into shroud if we take a fatal blow.

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> I don't understand the rant about the 0,5 delay on exiting shroud.

> Did you all use shroud just for swiftness ? Or what is meant with shroud flashing.

It's for triggering traits like Weakening Shroud and Spiteful Spirit and weapon-swap Sigills since Shoud entering/exiting counts as a weapon-swap.

It's clunky now as you have to wait 0,5 seconds for the second button press.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> And spectral armor has been showing the wrong protection value for 5 years? whodafunkit?

No. It has always been 6 seconds. The patchnote is misleading (or even wrong). They simply forgot to change the Protection to 8 seconds when they changed the Spectral Armor base duration to 8 seconds in the last balance patch. Post last balance patch and pre PoF Spectral Armor had an 8 seconds duration and gave 6 seconds of Protection. There has never been a "showing" of a "wrong" protection value.

> @Ara.4569 said:

> Why can't shroud wait one second before eating LF ?

What are you talking about? It does! You don't lose any Life Force during that 0,5 seconds.

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> Did you all use shroud just for swiftness ? Or what is meant with shroud flashing.

Some traits it was rewarding to activate/deactivate shroud. Tbh it didn't make sense for reaper though as it is always worth using a skill from that shroud. Half a second isn't going to affect nearly as many people who claim it will affect them.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> Pretty sure the 0.5 exit cd is to fix the double activation bug that has been the death of many a necro.

Ahh the DM elite? That ... actually makes sense. Good change, in that case.

I'm not impressed by that Cold Shoulder nerf, though. It feels like death by a thousand cuts.

> @"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

> I watched a Revenant take down a veteran in seconds which took me minutes to kill. Power Reaper needs to be buffed this is getting ridiculous.

The answer to power reaper dps is not in the reaper traitline. The lingering issue that plague the power necromancer is that there is not enough tools for a powermancer to shine in the core traitline. With the recent change we can imagine that they want the reaper to use it's shroud skills to do some damage, we don't even have a basic trait that improve damage dealt while in shroud. From the very begining, DS damage and RS damage are not even competitive in PvE, how do you expect a bit more ferocity to make RS competitive?

I just can't understand anet reasoning, we are litterally spending/sacrificing life force while in shroud, the skills of the shroud should logically be at the very least rewarding and not laging behind other's professions basic weapon skills.

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

Shroud flashing is entering and immediately exiting shroud to proc weapon swap sigils, such as geomancy and hydromancy, and entering shroud traits such as enfeebling blood and spiteful spirit to burst opponents near you in a pvp/wvw scenario

> > @Ara.4569 said:

> > Why can't shroud wait one second before eating LF ?

> What are you talking about? It does! You don't lose any Life Force during that 0,5 seconds.

After playing a bit more, I noticed that the game keeps track of the time you spend in Shroud and resumes when you enter again. So first time you flash shroud you won't lose LF (unless you have high latency) but the 2nd time it's guaranteed to consume LF.

I guess it's a fair trade (and well thought out by the programmer :+1: to prevent possible abuse).

> @Sephylon.4938 said:

> > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > I don't understand the rant about the 0,5 delay on exiting shroud.

> > Did you all use shroud just for swiftness ? Or what is meant with shroud flashing.

>

> Shroud flashing is entering and immediately exiting shroud to proc weapon swap sigils, such as geomancy and hydromancy, and entering shroud traits such as enfeebling blood and spiteful spirit to burst opponents near you in a pvp/wvw scenario

Okay, some answers I can work with but my next problem is, that all doesn´t sound like a wanted use of the shroud, rather like abusing mechanics and therefore I would call this change a bug fix. Anyway I don´t do spvp and in wvw I only siege and conquer, fighting in this game against other classes is almost never an option so I know little to nothing about the duel-nature of the necromancer so my point of view might be mistaken.