mesmer too oppresive in pvp

Lexan.5930

> @"martin.1653" said:

> As if facebook wasn't full enough of oppressed people... Necros seem like modern-day feminists: "Stop existing, you're oppressing me!"

>

> Comparing classes skill for skill is kinda pointless as each class plays differently due to different weapons and other sets of skills available. Necros are tanky and slow, you knew that when you picked necromancer so you have to deal with faster classes. Sometimes there's counter to your class and there's nothing to be done. It' good there are counters because it makes the game more dynamic and it makes you think before mindlessly entering every single encounter, covering screen with your tuff and expecting everything to die in a second.

> If it were me, I'd delete scourges out of the game due to the visual noise they put out on my screen every time I see one, and make whole areas off limit to walk on. But I deal with it and I don't go to necro forum to cry about it.

> Maybe OP should go to thief forum as well and open a thread there regarding the deadeyes oppression. I eat necros on my deadeye before they can even reach 1200 range. Or maybe open another thread in ranger forum, they have 2000+ range and meat shield in front of them. Impossible to even reach!

If your upset about just your graphics settings then your missing the point and its also a minor concern.

Thief burst inexpecr and actually have time and ability to counter it, ranger burst is also capable and visible enough to deal with, they also only have 1500 range.

The original post was about mesmer can do insanly quick burst damage with little tell and as always mesmer has more options with utility, movement and defensive options that make it stronger than necro is in more places. There should he a. 5 second delay on shatter skills so people have more indication of what's happening, just like shade skills going off.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > @"martin.1653" said:

> > As if facebook wasn't full enough of oppressed people... Necros seem like modern-day feminists: "Stop existing, you're oppressing me!"

> >

> > Comparing classes skill for skill is kinda pointless as each class plays differently due to different weapons and other sets of skills available. Necros are tanky and slow, you knew that when you picked necromancer so you have to deal with faster classes. Sometimes there's counter to your class and there's nothing to be done. It' good there are counters because it makes the game more dynamic and it makes you think before mindlessly entering every single encounter, covering screen with your tuff and expecting everything to die in a second.

> > If it were me, I'd delete scourges out of the game due to the visual noise they put out on my screen every time I see one, and make whole areas off limit to walk on. But I deal with it and I don't go to necro forum to cry about it.

> > Maybe OP should go to thief forum as well and open a thread there regarding the deadeyes oppression. I eat necros on my deadeye before they can even reach 1200 range. Or maybe open another thread in ranger forum, they have 2000+ range and meat shield in front of them. Impossible to even reach!

>

> If your upset about just your graphics settings then your missing the point and its also a minor concern.

>

> Thief burst inexpecr and actually have time and ability to counter it, ranger burst is also capable and visible enough to deal with, they also only have 1500 range.

>

> The original post was about mesmer can do insanly quick burst damage with little tell and as always mesmer has more options with utility, movement and defensive options that make it stronger than necro is in more places. There should he a. 5 second delay on shatter skills so people have more indication of what's happening, just like shade skills going off.

The delay on shatter skills already exists, they run towards you, often taking longer than .5 seconds.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > @"martin.1653" said:

> > > As if facebook wasn't full enough of oppressed people... Necros seem like modern-day feminists: "Stop existing, you're oppressing me!"

> > >

> > > Comparing classes skill for skill is kinda pointless as each class plays differently due to different weapons and other sets of skills available. Necros are tanky and slow, you knew that when you picked necromancer so you have to deal with faster classes. Sometimes there's counter to your class and there's nothing to be done. It' good there are counters because it makes the game more dynamic and it makes you think before mindlessly entering every single encounter, covering screen with your tuff and expecting everything to die in a second.

> > > If it were me, I'd delete scourges out of the game due to the visual noise they put out on my screen every time I see one, and make whole areas off limit to walk on. But I deal with it and I don't go to necro forum to cry about it.

> > > Maybe OP should go to thief forum as well and open a thread there regarding the deadeyes oppression. I eat necros on my deadeye before they can even reach 1200 range. Or maybe open another thread in ranger forum, they have 2000+ range and meat shield in front of them. Impossible to even reach!

> >

> > If your upset about just your graphics settings then your missing the point and its also a minor concern.

> >

> > Thief burst inexpecr and actually have time and ability to counter it, ranger burst is also capable and visible enough to deal with, they also only have 1500 range.

> >

> > The original post was about mesmer can do insanly quick burst damage with little tell and as always mesmer has more options with utility, movement and defensive options that make it stronger than necro is in more places. There should he a. 5 second delay on shatter skills so people have more indication of what's happening, just like shade skills going off.

>

> The delay on shatter skills already exists, they run towards you, often taking longer than .5 seconds.

But they start running immediately towards you! There's no tell, and its clearly and instant cast skill, so no time to react at all /s

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > @"martin.1653" said:

> > > > As if facebook wasn't full enough of oppressed people... Necros seem like modern-day feminists: "Stop existing, you're oppressing me!"

> > > >

> > > > Comparing classes skill for skill is kinda pointless as each class plays differently due to different weapons and other sets of skills available. Necros are tanky and slow, you knew that when you picked necromancer so you have to deal with faster classes. Sometimes there's counter to your class and there's nothing to be done. It' good there are counters because it makes the game more dynamic and it makes you think before mindlessly entering every single encounter, covering screen with your tuff and expecting everything to die in a second.

> > > > If it were me, I'd delete scourges out of the game due to the visual noise they put out on my screen every time I see one, and make whole areas off limit to walk on. But I deal with it and I don't go to necro forum to cry about it.

> > > > Maybe OP should go to thief forum as well and open a thread there regarding the deadeyes oppression. I eat necros on my deadeye before they can even reach 1200 range. Or maybe open another thread in ranger forum, they have 2000+ range and meat shield in front of them. Impossible to even reach!

> > >

> > > If your upset about just your graphics settings then your missing the point and its also a minor concern.

> > >

> > > Thief burst inexpecr and actually have time and ability to counter it, ranger burst is also capable and visible enough to deal with, they also only have 1500 range.

> > >

> > > The original post was about mesmer can do insanly quick burst damage with little tell and as always mesmer has more options with utility, movement and defensive options that make it stronger than necro is in more places. There should he a. 5 second delay on shatter skills so people have more indication of what's happening, just like shade skills going off.

> >

> > The delay on shatter skills already exists, they run towards you, often taking longer than .5 seconds.

>

> But they start running immediately towards you! There's no tell, and its clearly and instant cast skill, so no time to react at all /s

Ori's my hero! :lol:

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > > @"martin.1653" said:

> > > > As if facebook wasn't full enough of oppressed people... Necros seem like modern-day feminists: "Stop existing, you're oppressing me!"

> > > >

> > > > Comparing classes skill for skill is kinda pointless as each class plays differently due to different weapons and other sets of skills available. Necros are tanky and slow, you knew that when you picked necromancer so you have to deal with faster classes. Sometimes there's counter to your class and there's nothing to be done. It' good there are counters because it makes the game more dynamic and it makes you think before mindlessly entering every single encounter, covering screen with your tuff and expecting everything to die in a second.

> > > > If it were me, I'd delete scourges out of the game due to the visual noise they put out on my screen every time I see one, and make whole areas off limit to walk on. But I deal with it and I don't go to necro forum to cry about it.

> > > > Maybe OP should go to thief forum as well and open a thread there regarding the deadeyes oppression. I eat necros on my deadeye before they can even reach 1200 range. Or maybe open another thread in ranger forum, they have 2000+ range and meat shield in front of them. Impossible to even reach!

> > >

> > > If your upset about just your graphics settings then your missing the point and its also a minor concern.

> > >

> > > Thief burst inexpecr and actually have time and ability to counter it, ranger burst is also capable and visible enough to deal with, they also only have 1500 range.

> > >

> > > The original post was about mesmer can do insanly quick burst damage with little tell and as always mesmer has more options with utility, movement and defensive options that make it stronger than necro is in more places. There should he a. 5 second delay on shatter skills so people have more indication of what's happening, just like shade skills going off.

> >

> > The delay on shatter skills already exists, they run towards you, often taking longer than .5 seconds.

>

> But they start running immediately towards you! There's no tell, and its clearly and instant cast skill, so no time to react at all /s

ikr, 0 tell, instant cast from 1200 range, 0 counterplay and all you can do is anticipate the teleport and daze...wait I think I got sidetracked.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > > @"martin.1653" said:

> > > > > As if facebook wasn't full enough of oppressed people... Necros seem like modern-day feminists: "Stop existing, you're oppressing me!"

> > > > >

> > > > > Comparing classes skill for skill is kinda pointless as each class plays differently due to different weapons and other sets of skills available. Necros are tanky and slow, you knew that when you picked necromancer so you have to deal with faster classes. Sometimes there's counter to your class and there's nothing to be done. It' good there are counters because it makes the game more dynamic and it makes you think before mindlessly entering every single encounter, covering screen with your tuff and expecting everything to die in a second.

> > > > > If it were me, I'd delete scourges out of the game due to the visual noise they put out on my screen every time I see one, and make whole areas off limit to walk on. But I deal with it and I don't go to necro forum to cry about it.

> > > > > Maybe OP should go to thief forum as well and open a thread there regarding the deadeyes oppression. I eat necros on my deadeye before they can even reach 1200 range. Or maybe open another thread in ranger forum, they have 2000+ range and meat shield in front of them. Impossible to even reach!

> > > >

> > > > If your upset about just your graphics settings then your missing the point and its also a minor concern.

> > > >

> > > > Thief burst inexpecr and actually have time and ability to counter it, ranger burst is also capable and visible enough to deal with, they also only have 1500 range.

> > > >

> > > > The original post was about mesmer can do insanly quick burst damage with little tell and as always mesmer has more options with utility, movement and defensive options that make it stronger than necro is in more places. There should he a. 5 second delay on shatter skills so people have more indication of what's happening, just like shade skills going off.

> > >

> > > The delay on shatter skills already exists, they run towards you, often taking longer than .5 seconds.

> >

> > But they start running immediately towards you! There's no tell, and its clearly and instant cast skill, so no time to react at all /s

>

> ikr, 0 tell, instant cast from 1200 range, 0 counterplay and all you can do is anticipate the teleport and daze...wait I think I got sidetracked.

TBF, shatters can be traited to be just as ridiculous as steal. But yea that's another one that needs looking into

> @"Kusa.6438" said:

> This an obvious troll thread from a bitter necro main. Necro went from super OP to just OP. Don't feed this troll.

mesmer went from defensive op, to power op, to condi op, to power op. mesmer has always been strong especially with shatter combo's that have little to no tell especially when combod with stun and shatters.

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > @"Kusa.6438" said:

> > This an obvious troll thread from a bitter necro main. Necro went from super OP to just OP. Don't feed this troll.

>

> mesmer went from defensive op, to power op, to condi op, to power op. mesmer has always been strong especially with **shatter combo's that have little to no tell especially when combod with stun and shatters.**

Shatters combo'ed with stuns and shatters. Much sense!

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > > hey if i could INSANTLY cast 2 stuns and interupts at will and BLINK away or go INVULNERABLE for a few seconds on top of the built in evades and 2 dodge rolls and skills on 15 second CD's and all the other mobility, then i might be inclined to agree that mesmer burst and necro :cough: burst :cough: are on the same level, but i can;t do 20k in 2 seconds.. Takes like 10 at the least

> > > > >

> > > > > :p

> > > >

> > > > You have access to 3 fears (1 which is unblockable...) as well as knockdowns and pulls, 2 teleports, Barriers, Condi bombing as well as constant condi application, Boon corruption, AoE of death around yourself and other areas.

> > >

> > > we can't take them all at once, and they have longer cooldowns than most mesmer skills, or they are useless in pvp because they are too situational or flat out avoidable

> > >

> > > 2 fears, 1 from shroud, 1 from staff 5. Sure we have the wall but it only fears if you walk into it, not if its cast at your location. 1 knockdown which is very very tellegraphed on a .75 cast time (@musu9205 we have more cast times, and longer than you do), a pull on a 50 second CD, barrier is again meh, we get less burst barrier than we get health from reaper shroud, mesmer has condi bombing and boon corruption on point, just go staff. aoe death around yourself and other locations is literally the complaint about shatters

> > >

> > > mesmer has more options than necro clear and simple. more movement, disengage, burst combo, more conditions, more interupts, shorter cooldowns

> >

> > Mesmer has 0 boon corrupt and minimal cleave. Staff has one 'dangerous' ability and it's a giant fairly slow purple orb.

>

> Null Field - Create a field of energy that rips boons from foes and cures conditions on allies.

> sword skills all have cleave, every greatswod skill has cleave, phantasm zerker hits 5 people 4 times and every shatter skill has aoe. you have as much if not more cleave than any necro does.

Null Field? Ahahahahahahahahaha...

Sorry, I had to. xD

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > > @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > > > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > > > hey if i could INSANTLY cast 2 stuns and interupts at will and BLINK away or go INVULNERABLE for a few seconds on top of the built in evades and 2 dodge rolls and skills on 15 second CD's and all the other mobility, then i might be inclined to agree that mesmer burst and necro :cough: burst :cough: are on the same level, but i can;t do 20k in 2 seconds.. Takes like 10 at the least

> > > > > >

> > > > > > :p

> > > > >

> > > > > You have access to 3 fears (1 which is unblockable...) as well as knockdowns and pulls, 2 teleports, Barriers, Condi bombing as well as constant condi application, Boon corruption, AoE of death around yourself and other areas.

> > > >

> > > > we can't take them all at once, and they have longer cooldowns than most mesmer skills, or they are useless in pvp because they are too situational or flat out avoidable

> > > >

> > > > 2 fears, 1 from shroud, 1 from staff 5. Sure we have the wall but it only fears if you walk into it, not if its cast at your location. 1 knockdown which is very very tellegraphed on a .75 cast time (@musu9205 we have more cast times, and longer than you do), a pull on a 50 second CD, barrier is again meh, we get less burst barrier than we get health from reaper shroud, mesmer has condi bombing and boon corruption on point, just go staff. aoe death around yourself and other locations is literally the complaint about shatters

> > > >

> > > > mesmer has more options than necro clear and simple. more movement, disengage, burst combo, more conditions, more interupts, shorter cooldowns

> > >

> > > Mesmer has 0 boon corrupt and minimal cleave. Staff has one 'dangerous' ability and it's a giant fairly slow purple orb.

> >

> > Null Field - Create a field of energy that rips boons from foes and cures conditions on allies.

> > sword skills all have cleave, every greatswod skill has cleave, phantasm zerker hits 5 people 4 times and every shatter skill has aoe. you have as much if not more cleave than any necro does.

>

> Null Field? Ahahahahahahahahaha...

>

> Sorry, I had to. xD

Hey don’t hate on Null Field! That was a staple of mine back before they removed durability runes :P