Suggestion: Normalize Hide In Shadows?

Therys.4368

May I suggest normalizing Hide In Shadows to remove Torment as well?

Both Acrobatic trait Pain Response and Shadow Arts trait Shadow's Embrace removes all damaging conditions including Torment.

However, torment removal is in Withdraw even though it is not a movement-impairing condition.

Torment removal is not in

-Roll for Initiative

-Daredevil trait Dash

-Acrobatics trait Don't Stop

Is there a balance reason I don't know about for having it this way?

tl;dr: Can Torment removal be moved from Withdraw to Hide in Shadows?

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> Torments damage comes from movement. So it is a movement impairing affect. Instead of slowing them down, they discourage players from moving unless they need to.

One could stretch that rationale, yes. Its just strange to me how this is at odds with every other trait or ability that has this partial clear (Either clears damaging type conditions, or a movement condition) like Elementalist Windborne Speed, Engineer Rocket Boots, Overcharged Shot.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> Uhm Torment is technically a movement impairing effect, if not cleansed players tend to move less because of having Torment on them....plus Withdraw Tooltip doesn't state it only removes Movement Impairing Conditions, it states it removes Conditions.

I'm not complaining about the tool-tip. Just the inconsistency.

Its not something worth a big tizzle about though. If no one cares I'll drop the issue.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> Torments damage comes from movement. So it is a movement impairing affect. Instead of slowing them down, they discourage players from moving unless they need to.

No, it just does more damage when moving since June 2015.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Torment

ETA: The buffed withdraw to remove torment actually - no explanation given and that very condition is broken af anyway.

> @Jana.6831 said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > Torments damage comes from movement. So it is a movement impairing affect. Instead of slowing them down, they discourage players from moving unless they need to.

>

> No, it just does more damage when moving since June 2015.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Torment

>

> ETA: The buffed withdraw to remove torment actually - no explanation given and that very condition is broken af anyway.

Eh, it's not that broken... till a mesmer hits you with a torment that does 5k per tick. And they complain about Condi thieves :D