SLOW DOWNLOAD

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If you are getting Mb/sec, you are probably doing well. If you use a download meter, you will find the installer doesn't accurately reflect the download speed at all times.

>

> Good luck.

Still, can it really take more than 5 hours on a brand new gaming laptop with intel core i7 processor and geforce gtx?

Seems ridicilously long, while on my older laptop it took long, but not this long.

GW2 isn't just downloading, it's also stopping to process compressed files and allocate itself, which limits the speed. Furthermore, since GW2 is dealing in thousands of smaller files, it has a lot of overhead, which can greatly limit your download speed down to the KB range, since it actually takes longer to make the request than to download it.

If you want to try other patch servers, you can lookup IPs using cmd.exe:

nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

... then use this option with Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe, with one of the IPs:

-assetsrv 54.84.67.232

> @"Acantha.8634" said:

> Still, can it really take more than 5 hours on a brand new gaming laptop with intel core i7 processor and geforce gtx?

If you last fully installed GW2 prior to PoF, it's now over 10 GB more at ~35 GB total. Your hardware isn't going to matter for the most part, just your download and disk speed. If you already have GW2 downloaded on another computer, you can just copy the GW2 folder over.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> GW2 isn't just downloading, it's also stopping to process compressed files and allocate itself, which limits the speed. Furthermore, since GW2 is dealing in thousands of smaller files, it has a lot of overhead, which can greatly limit your download speed down to the KB range, since it actually takes longer to make the request than to download it.

>

> If you want to try other patch servers, you can lookup IPs using cmd.exe:

> nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

>

> ... then use this option with Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe, with one of the IPs:

> -assetsrv 54.84.67.232

>

> > @"Acantha.8634" said:

> > Still, can it really take more than 5 hours on a brand new gaming laptop with intel core i7 processor and geforce gtx?

>

> If you last fully installed GW2 prior to PoF, it's now over 10 GB more at ~35 GB total. Your hardware isn't going to matter for the most part, just your download and disk speed. If you already have GW2 downloaded on another computer, you can just copy the GW2 folder over.

Hey I already saw you say that in another post from 2 days ago, yet I always get an error when I do that.

It says (roughly translated from Dutch to English): The name "C: \ Program Files \ Guild Wars 2 \ Gw2-64-assetrv 54.230.0.225 entered in the target is invalid. Check that the file name and path are correct.

Target is the box where the text is in (sorry, don't know how it is called in English).

Any thoughts on what's wrong? I literally just used an IP I found in cmd.exe and pasted it after the -assetrv

The OP may not have the right IP.

I can not ping 54.84.67.232 (could also be how the server is configured.)

I can not ping 54.85.84.105 (could also be how the server is configured.)

But I am getting a ping response out of the OPs 54.230.0.225 address.

So my guess is the OP needs a valid IP to give it.

I also NEVER allow games to install under program files. Causes all sorts of issues with permissions with some games.