Pay to win element in expansions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"Fallingfloor.4709" said:

> > I am being gated from content simply because i want to play a certain way. I'd like to join a fractal guild but even that is gated because as i start playing they harass me to get dragon hunter.

> > If you dont mind a Hammer Guardian i'd like to join a fractal guild. I'm having no luck in Map chat.

>

> No, you are NOT gated from fractal content.

> You may access fractals. You may start a group in LFG and specify, if you wish, that everyone else must be vanilla too.

>

> And incidentally, even if only having vanilla prevented you from accessing the fractal portal, it still wouldn't qualify as 'pay to win'

> Pay to win means the company selling something that increases the power of your character, which cannot also be acquired in game. Fractals provide no stat bonus or armor type that can't be acquired ingame by other means.

>

> Tired of seeing that accusation thrown around when people actually mean they're missing out on some convenience.

>

>

Thank you. This (and several other explanations of the definition of "Pay to Win") definitely answers the complaint.

OP -- I see that you have been satisfied with the helpful information that others have given you and I believe you're aware that you mistakenly used a catch-phrase that is not at all applicable to your situation.