CQC

LadyGal.8365

Anyone else think it would be cool or possible for Anet to have a new Elite Spec for warrior be a brawler/fist fighter using Focus as the new weapon (possibly mainhand AND offhand)

I certainly been waiting for this type of combat since the games launch, Daredevil just doesnt cut it for me, I want fisticuff/martial arts style combat in my gw 2, please!

That actually sounds kind of fun, if the weapon skills were heavily physical in nature you could then stack more physical skills on the skill bar, that would make for a pretty brutal CQB brawler.

Uppercut punches, roundhouse kicks, and a wwf style body slam for the f1. Throw in kick, bulls charge, bolas/stomp, and Peak Performance from the strength line. Imagine beating a Thief or Necro to a pulp!

There are two problems though:

1. In any kind of PvP format this type of play-style would be an exercise in frustration. I mean, what are you going to do to well played Mesmers, Thiefs or Druids? Sounds like a nightmare really.

2. The Warrior Community was not exactly excited about daggers even though they were used extensively by actual warriors for hundreds of years. Selling a Elite spec of this type is going to be an even harder job.

The idea does sound cool though.

Actually the more I think about it, perhaps taking the new elite spec would mean you carry NO WEAPONS, but your physical skills are much more powerfull and the skill choices increase with new physical skills added and allowing you to pick physical skills for your weapon skill slots. Basically one giant skill bar of Physical skills (11 skills counting f1!).

You ever heard the expression "dont bring a knife to a gun fight"? Try going unarmed against someone in heavy plate armour wielding a sword and shield. Idk, i just like when it is somewhat realistic (pretty stupid in a MMO, I know) and unarmed just wont cut it for me. Yes. Pun very much intended.

> @"zalt.8937" said:

> You ever heard the expression "dont bring a knife to a gun fight"? Try going unarmed against someone in heavy plate armour wielding a sword and shield. Idk, i just like when it is somewhat realistic (pretty stupid in a MMO, I know) and unarmed just wont cut it for me. Yes. Pun very much intended.

It is a fantasy game, and besides gun and blade, we got magic as well. I am not surprised if CHI is introduced into gw2 as a warrior learned the old martial art from Cantha, converting their adrenaline into CHI and be able to unleash armor piercing attack with bare hand.

Be it a focus (i doubt it we will get dual weird focus), or a staff (it is more possible), warrior can merge CHI into their weapon skill and go for a more chinese monk style sort of combat, converting adrenaline into chi to damage foe, and support allies.

> @"zalt.8937" said:

> You ever heard the expression "dont bring a knife to a gun fight"? Try going unarmed against someone in heavy plate armour wielding a sword and shield. Idk, i just like when it is somewhat realistic (pretty stupid in a MMO, I know) and unarmed just wont cut it for me. Yes. Pun very much intended.

Have you ever seen a rifle camping engi(not that anyone actually do this) vs a dagger/dagger thief?

Or a heavuly armored sword + shield warrior vs d/d thief.

In this game, knives win in both cases you mentioned. And a warrior elite is already a powerful unarmed form on a long cd to balance how powerful it is.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> All firearms should just one-shot everyone if you want to bring realism to a fantasy game fight.

>

> Which is why you shouldn’t do that.

Not necessarily. For example in the real world armorsmiths during the 1400s produced breastplates strong enough to stop a musket ball at all but the most extreme close ranges. (Contrary to popular belief, guns where not what caused the end of knights in shining armor. Rather Knights disappeared as military strategy moved away from small armies of elite troops to large standing armies of moderately trained and equipped troops. Full plate armor was too expensive to equip a entire army so it was abandoned.)

• 3 weeks later...

Doubtful, as it would take a lot of animation work for each race. Note that while elite specs do offer some new animations at times, they're often small, brief, and kept to a minimum. Not to mention that heavy armors are the bulkiest, meaning it's easiest to clip. While it can be done, I'm doubtful it would be implemented. The few animations that exist currently for brawl-type combat are rather lackluster, meaning there's not much of an animation groundwork to build off of. It would be interesting, admittedly, but frankly I think instead of Daggers we should have gotten spears, or something *polearm* like this expansion. The lore reason behind it is extremely poor, as spears are some of the most cheap and effective weapons in existence so blatantly writing them out of the land is rather silly. With that being said, Warriors don't really have any good options for their next spec. We have access to pretty much every martial weapon in the game. If you ask me, I'd be happier with ANet taking a look at older archaically designed Warrior Skills (weapons and class abilities) because they're extremely lackluster as is.

> @"Lyros.4673" said:

> Doubtful, as it would take a lot of animation work for each race. Note that while elite specs do offer some new animations at times, they're often small, brief, and kept to a minimum. Not to mention that heavy armors are the bulkiest, meaning it's easiest to clip. While it can be done, I'm doubtful it would be implemented. The few animations that exist currently for brawl-type combat are rather lackluster, meaning there's not much of an animation groundwork to build off of. It would be interesting, admittedly, but frankly I think instead of Daggers we should have gotten spears, or something *polearm* like this expansion. The lore reason behind it is extremely poor, as spears are some of the most cheap and effective weapons in existence so blatantly writing them out of the land is rather silly. With that being said, Warriors don't really have any good options for their next spec. We have access to pretty much every martial weapon in the game. If you ask me, I'd be happier with ANet taking a look at older archaically designed Warrior Skills (weapons and class abilities) because they're extremely lackluster as is.

>

>

all good points but tbh dagger was also a weapon almost every warrior was carrying