Anyone notice an increase in hackers?

madamred.1463

I see a lot of people making comments of how hard it is to stop the hackers cause of the tools ect ect. It is pretty easy to stop them and they never need to block the tools being used. Just outright ban the account, A net did this at launch for people using Macros. Ban the account out right make them make a new one, problem solved.... most of the hackers are kids anyhow after the 2nd one if the first doesn't stop them the second will. The also did this with the Farmers using the teleport to node hack the out right banned them.

So in the end not sure why people are debating how hard it is to stop the tools when all you need to do is obliterate the account. Then again, the parent company and main company would have to care enough according to some so there is that.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this just happened today...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36050/game-accounts-suspended-april-12-2018

>Today, ArenaNet suspended 1583 accounts involved in the use of illicit third-party software. While we regret the necessity of suspending accounts, we intend to do our best to ensure that everyone is on a level playing field and these programs—which go against the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and our Rules of Conduct—allowed the players to gain undeserved and unintended advantages.

>

> The accounts in question will remain suspended for at least six months, and in the case of this investigation, we will not be accepting appeals about these account suspensions.

>

> In addition to putting your game account at risk, using illicit third-party software on your machine may subject you to security risks such as malware or viruses. If you have installed any of these programs on your computer, please remove them.

It would be interesting to know more precisely what instigated this. Is Yolomouse considered "illicit"? Are keyboard macros?

I also wonder if this is specifically about addressing goldsellers' bots used for gathering materials and accessing content in PVE, while "what happens in WvW stays in WvW" as is the usual routine.

> @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> I stopped reporting this kitten and am thinking of starting to use it

> Lately i have seen some impossible kitten happen in pvp that i have no explanation for ..

I take it you haven't seen the rage in the general discussion forum because of just under 1600 account bans?

I think you will see less...