Taunt: Should it bypass break/defiance bars?

JSmooth.7654

The recent changes to Mesmer phantasms have me wondering... Would game-play in GW2 benefit from Taunt actually taunting in high end PVE encounters? Would Taunt break game-play against world bosses. If so, should Taunt be useful against instance bosses? Or, should it be usefully everywhere, but with stipulations (I.E. a boss can only be taunted once every 10 seconds or a boss will still prefer to attack players who are not out of range). Would a fully functional Taunt open up new builds and roles for professions?

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> I'm not convinced that a functional taunt will open up new useful gameplay options and won't bring along some substantial potential for ... at best awkward situations. At least not with the current system of taunts and effectively non-existing aggro management.

Valid points of concern to be sure. It's just a shame that a whole Condition is invalidated to nothing more than break bar fodder when used in situations that it seems designed for...

ofc taunt shouldn't work through break bar. Taunt forces a target to only auto attack. Proper use of taunt could mitigate nearly all boss mechanics. Wana stop sabetha flame wall? Stop sloth from going into break bar? Stop matt from using shield? etc. It would be extremely game breaking.