Two questions

so I'm thinking to buy Heart of Thorns expansion pack soon, my question is: my character selection screen will be playing that amazing HoT theme (main theme) at background if I buy? or regardless that boring Path of fire music will play? I do think HoT main theme MUCH better than path of fire one, its much more dark and epic theme.

second question: HoT brings any good features/content to farm gold? since mobs drops like 45 copper at even level 80 , I have to farm gold to keep up my economy, yes yes, I know I can do dailies but they are not enough if I plan to buy a good main hand weapon at trading post.

thanks in advance

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> 1) I think it will still be PoF music.

> 2) It has Auric Basin. But you should research gold farming methods if you're serious about it.

Thanks for the reply, I decided to buy the expansion anyway since there is a new story content (right?)

I know the gold farming methods since years now but Anet known for nerfing or removing these gold farming ways. Despite its all legal and normal ways they always nerfed them as far as I know. I remember the queensdale "trains" and many others they no longer -truly- exist because devs basically destroyed them. GW2 is the only MMO game I'm having extremely hard time to get in game currency, since they also removed the gold rewards from dungeons.

I'm playing this game since long time now I never been able to farm gold above then 250g. I have a level 80 elementalist, so I'm redownloading the game at the moment lets see if the things get any better or worse, honestly this is the best looking game/mmo I ever played.

I noticed some months ago there's the thing called "map rewards" basically rewards high tier materials but of course I can't solo them.

Map rewards come from doing events on a map - the more events you do, and the more you work towards completion of those events, the more map rewards you receive.

In addition to Auric Basin, I net a ton of loot from Dragon Stand - but success at that requires buying machetes to open the noxious pods, and buy machetes requires the map currencies from Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths. Personally, I think doing the events on all 4 maps are pretty lucrative. AB still is king, and VB is the least.

Silverwastes is probably still KING of the gold farms. And right now there are the 16 golden lucky envelopes you can buy in Divinity's Reach each day. Buy them for 1 gold each and instant sell them on the TP for more, or save them up and max your magic find and open them. Last year I more than doubled my gold that I spent on those envelopes.

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> Map rewards come from doing events on a map - the more events you do, and the more you work towards completion of those events, the more map rewards you receive.

>

> In addition to Auric Basin, I net a ton of loot from Dragon Stand - but success at that requires buying machetes to open the noxious pods, and buy machetes requires the map currencies from Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths. Personally, I think doing the events on all 4 maps are pretty lucrative. AB still is king, and VB is the least.

>

> Silverwastes is probably still KING of the gold farms. And right now there are the 16 golden lucky envelopes you can buy in Divinity's Reach each day. Buy them for 1 gold each and instant sell them on the TP for more, or save them up and max your magic find and open them. Last year I more than doubled my gold that I spent on those envelopes.

Map rewards cannot be solo'ed.

A group needed to complete map rewards since mobs are strong with plenty of health, and absolutely no one doing that as a group. LFG tool is all about "dungeon selling/buying runs"

Searching people for map rewards on general chat usually leads to the trolls to reply and takes so much time.

> @"SaskiaElite.8132" said:

> > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > Map rewards come from doing events on a map - the more events you do, and the more you work towards completion of those events, the more map rewards you receive.

> >

> > In addition to Auric Basin, I net a ton of loot from Dragon Stand - but success at that requires buying machetes to open the noxious pods, and buy machetes requires the map currencies from Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths. Personally, I think doing the events on all 4 maps are pretty lucrative. AB still is king, and VB is the least.

> >

> > Silverwastes is probably still KING of the gold farms. And right now there are the 16 golden lucky envelopes you can buy in Divinity's Reach each day. Buy them for 1 gold each and instant sell them on the TP for more, or save them up and max your magic find and open them. Last year I more than doubled my gold that I spent on those envelopes.

>

> Map rewards cannot be solo'ed.

>

> A group needed to complete map rewards since mobs are strong with plenty of health, and absolutely no one doing that as a group. LFG tool is all about "dungeon selling/buying runs"

>

> Searching people for map rewards on general chat usually leads to the trolls to reply and takes so much time.

I think you are confused about 'Map Rewards' (Map Bonus Rewards), and how to attain them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"SaskiaElite.8132" said:

> > > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > > Map rewards come from doing events on a map - the more events you do, and the more you work towards completion of those events, the more map rewards you receive.

> > >

> > > In addition to Auric Basin, I net a ton of loot from Dragon Stand - but success at that requires buying machetes to open the noxious pods, and buy machetes requires the map currencies from Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths. Personally, I think doing the events on all 4 maps are pretty lucrative. AB still is king, and VB is the least.

> > >

> > > Silverwastes is probably still KING of the gold farms. And right now there are the 16 golden lucky envelopes you can buy in Divinity's Reach each day. Buy them for 1 gold each and instant sell them on the TP for more, or save them up and max your magic find and open them. Last year I more than doubled my gold that I spent on those envelopes.

> >

> > Map rewards cannot be solo'ed.

> >

> > A group needed to complete map rewards since mobs are strong with plenty of health, and absolutely no one doing that as a group. LFG tool is all about "dungeon selling/buying runs"

> >

> > Searching people for map rewards on general chat usually leads to the trolls to reply and takes so much time.

>

> I think you are confused about 'Map Rewards' (Map Bonus Rewards), and how to attain them.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward

>

Can you explain that defeating a single level 79-80 mob takes like my half of health (80 elementalist with exotic/rare gear/weapon) and I have to use my healing ability everytime if the mob hits critical. is this normal?

(unrelated but since you are kinda forum expert and replying to people here on forums since long time, I needed to ask this to learn. I remember seeing your name on forums since long time, thanks!)

Well, you might need to acquire more Exotic gear (or Ascended gear [weapons are often quite easy to attain]), and look at your build (though, I don't use any kind of a build, so I'm not sure how important that is). You may just be rusty with gameplay, having been absent for some time. Many players find the Core maps pretty easy, and those are the maps that award level-appropriate crafting or other materials. The newer maps usually award map currency.

(I'm no forum expert; merely a longer-time poster.) The Wiki is a great resource for all things Guild Wars 2. :)

SaskiaElite - I changed the key-binding for my heal skill from the default "6" key to my "left shift" key so that I can hit it faster with my left pinkie finger. Yes, getting hit and frequently using your heal skill IS normal in GW2. On my elementalist, if I'm running solo I run the "Glyph of Elemental Harmony" or "Wash the pain away" in a group. I choose the glyph because it is a ~6500 heal on a 1 second cast with a 20 second cool down, so I can heal myself almost 26,000 in one minute (4 casts - at 0 seconds, 20, 40, and 60 seconds). Wash the pain away is a 4300 heal for 5 people on a 1.5 second cast with a 20 second cool down. So I can hit myself for ~17,200 healing in a minute, and duplicate that (in a perfect world) on 4 other people. And that's without taking into account any other skills that provide healing for myself.