Why is toughness the meta in pvp?

ToPNoP.2493

> @"ToPNoP.2493" said:

> I take it you are platinum or above because I'm talking about the higher levels of pvp, **you will not blast down a firebrand alone**, I do not care ow much ltp you have.

You act like sustain in itself is a bad thing, which is very strange. Perhaps I've misunderstood, so I'll say no more about it. Just remember before engaging a fb in 1v1, you need to consider the high probability that you will not kill him.

The two likeliest scenarios of engaging a fb by yourself:

1. The fb comes to contest your node. (fb is bad at pvp)

2. You go to contest a fb on his node. (you are bad at pvp)

If it's (1), just roll with it, stalemating on your own node is a good thing. If it's (2), l2p.

If the node is neutral, play it by ear; but it's still probably positive for your team, as you're distracting the fb from supporting his allies, which as I'm sure we all know is fb's primary purpose.

(edit: redundancy fix)

i know it used to be a thing i kinda wish they removed it all together currently i keep running into really tanky warriors and now scrappers. reason most the toughness stuff was removed was cause of way to many bunker builds /tanks who are basically immovable set ups standing on point where takes like 4x people to kill. i would say it would make it faster but then might as well nerf ever bunker type builds so healing would also be a thing needed to be removed idk why people have to over heal as well. but if we remove healing there goes about anyone playing a support build in pvp.

Just throwing it out there but FB dies pretty fast to high damage spikes. With the meta shifting more towards power burst now instead of being nearly purely about condi, they ought to be much more fragile. FB was only ever truly immortal against condi pressure, or like bruisers, which is no different than throwing spellbreaker vs. druid or something. A fight that is only favorable if one is actually holding a cap. Just learn what the tomes do, wait till the FB is through the courage tome and spike them. RIP. They'll not have protection, and the heals are too slow to activate to save them - particularly if they've just left a tome.