Does Warrior suck now after patch?

Tzozef.9841

When I say Warrior, I mean Core and Berserker.

I feel like I'm absolutely stuck playing Spellbreaker.

Warrior in general seems to be so crappy with odd nerfs to Berserker for NO REASON pre-PoF, and regressive changes to Core (particularly Grandmaster traits)

I'm not sure if it's me or not, what's your guys opinion?

not as fast as it used to be, and no in my opinion core is still strong, i almost only roam in wvw nowadays and stick mostly to core...the blocks i get from spellbreaker are easily compensated by the amount of dodges you get from the strength traits and core feels burst heavier than sb... im just pissed about all the other classes who already had stealth and blinks to get even more mobility, now i cant kill mes if they decide to run, not just because they go stealth, but now they can even decide to chase me if i decide to run and with gs and bullscharge they still can keep up and even pressure enough to eventually kill me. so even before i couldnt kill them if they didnt want to and now i have almost no way of getting away from them.

same thing with holos, they have stealth and it feels like they just move with rockets jumps instead of normal walking

Ive been playing warrior for several years as my main, and its been getting worse to play with each expansion and rebuild. I guess its time to find a new game to play thats more balanced and not putting in condition damage and stealth abilities to multiple classes that can kit and bleed you out while they are invisible and you have zero counter actions but to die. No good heals on warrior, low health, very slow movement speed. Lets make a few classes that anyone can kill and give them really cool names, but in reality they die in seconds verse most of the other classes. lets give xxx a 15,000 condition attack that they can disappear and attack with some clones, and the big "warrior" a hammer that does 800 per hit, 22 k health , run speed of 1 and the kicker, they get to use all kinds of weapons...too bad the "warrior" is nothing close to the name, maybe fonder or trash mob would be a better name for the "warrior" class.

I've recently switched back to MMR Core build for WvW roaming and it still does surprisingly well. It's just harder to deal with condi specs. Less resistance to fallback on without Featherfoot Grace & Revenge Counter. At least if I'm the one engaging I have time to swap Endure pain to Stamina Signet.

You have less defensive's, less gapclosers but you have much more upfront damage and ranged pressure/cripple from Throw Axe. Plus MMR heal is still really nice despite the Endurance nerf on it.

[Here's the build, it's pretty simple.](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ejMdQZHWFCehAnIGICKLAigeGPhXYF0vY63CA-jVSGABGcBAkSJY9q/Y/BB489HGS5HAPAgBOCAkpbIAwBw5nn5NP48zP/8zPvtP/8zP/8zP/8zPvUAVpMC-w "Here's the build, it's pretty simple") Sigil of Absorption on Shield just so I have a chance to steal Protection when I Shield Bash before using Eviscerate, it works sometimes¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯

> @"meepeY.2867" said:

> I've recently switched back to MMR Core build for WvW roaming and it still does surprisingly well. It's just harder to deal with condi specs. Less resistance to fallback on without Featherfoot Grace & Revenge Counter. At least if I'm the one engaging I have time to swap Endure pain to Stamina Signet.

>

> You have less defensive's, less gapclosers but you have much more upfront damage and ranged pressure/cripple from Throw Axe. Plus MMR heal is still really nice despite the Endurance nerf on it.

>

> [Here's the build, it's pretty simple.](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ejMdQZHWFCehAnIGICKLAigeGPhXYF0vY63CA-jVSGABGcBAkSJY9q/Y/BB489HGS5HAPAgBOCAkpbIAwBw5nn5NP48zP/8zPvtP/8zP/8zP/8zPvUAVpMC-w "Here's the build, it's pretty simple") Sigil of Absorption on Shield just so I have a chance to steal Protection when I Shield Bash before using Eviscerate, it works sometimes¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯

where does it have less gapcloser? i run the physical skills trait and bullscharge and feel way more mobile than on sb, because i feel like bullscharge is not the best without it traited and that sb has better options than untraited bc

i use the sigil in shield that gives crit and crit dmg on interrupt, feels good to hit bullscharge with 6k and then eviscing for like 12k to put thiefes out of their misery

also i run full zerker with strength rune and hydromancy and agility on gs, because energy is kind of wasted with all the dodge gain, 1sec quickness is just so good for fast f1 burst or just to get 1more 100b hit off. hydro hits sometimes with 3k alone, gets rid of blind and can hold your target in place.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> where does it have less gapcloser? i run the physical skills trait and bullscharge and feel way more mobile than on sb, because i feel like bullscharge is not the best without it traited and that sb has better options than untraited bc

Less gapclosers because it doesn't have Featherfoot Grace for the Super Speed and Dagger 2/Dagger Burst. Both remove immobilise, deal decent damage and are on very short cooldowns.

I use Hydromancy instead of Strength when I play Spellbreaker but I really like Strength and Energy on Greatsword because with MMR it's your defensive weapon, it certainly isn't wasted :P . Lots of dodges, evades, healing with Might and you have a pretty large gap closer/reset with Rush. This builds never done me wrong.

> @"meepeY.2867" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > where does it have less gapcloser? i run the physical skills trait and bullscharge and feel way more mobile than on sb, because i feel like bullscharge is not the best without it traited and that sb has better options than untraited bc

>

> Less gapclosers because it doesn't have Featherfoot Grace for the Super Speed and Dagger 2/Dagger Burst. Both remove immobilise, deal decent damage and are on very short cooldowns.

>

> I use Hydromancy instead of Strength when I play Spellbreaker but I really like Strength and Energy on Greatsword because with MMR it's your defensive weapon, it certainly isn't wasted :P . Lots of dodges, evades, healing with Might and you have a pretty large gap closer/reset with Rush. This builds never done me wrong.

>

if you need energy with mmr warrior, you certainly are wasting dodges, there are never that many things to dodge....there are better options.

and why are you even talking about gs stuff, i never said, that i wouldnt use gs. i for sure do, and not just as defensive weapon, whirlwind attack is pretty much your second to third highest dmg source (depending on 50% hp on gs burst)

you can crit a single person for about 9k dmg if you do it right, while dodging and repositioning yourself

> @"meepeY.2867" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > where does it have less gapcloser? i run the physical skills trait and bullscharge and feel way more mobile than on sb, because i feel like bullscharge is not the best without it traited and that sb has better options than untraited bc

>

> Less gapclosers because it doesn't have Featherfoot Grace for the Super Speed and Dagger 2/Dagger Burst. Both remove immobilise, deal decent damage and are on very short cooldowns.

>

> I use Hydromancy instead of Strength when I play Spellbreaker but I really like Strength and Energy on Greatsword because with MMR it's your defensive weapon, it certainly isn't wasted :P . Lots of dodges, evades, healing with Might and you have a pretty large gap closer/reset with Rush. This builds never done me wrong.

>

if you need energy with mmr warrior, you certainly are wasting dodges, there are never that many things to dodge....there are better options.

and why are you even talking about gs stuff, i never said, that i wouldnt use gs. i for sure do, and not just as defensive weapon, whirlwind attack is pretty much your second to third highest dmg source (depending on 50% hp on gs burst)

you can crit a single person for about 9k dmg if you do it right, while dodging and repositioning yourself

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> if you need energy with mmr warrior, you certainly are wasting dodges, there are never that many things to dodge....there are better options.

> and why are you even talking about gs stuff, i never said, that i wouldnt use gs. i for sure do, and not just as defensive weapon, whirlwind attack is pretty much your second to third highest dmg source (depending on 50% hp on gs burst)

> you can crit a single person for about 9k dmg if you do it right, while dodging and repositioning yourself

Why wouldn't GS be your defensive weapon with the build I posted? Apart from Shield Stance Axe/Sh offers no defences innately. It just provides huge upfront damage, ranged pressure and forces out utility to deal with incoming Eviscerates, ect. GS is a great defensive weapon, might stacking for more dodgerolls, use Rush to disengage and let Healing Signet/AH proc a few more times, imo the correct/obvious way of using Whirlwind would be to use it as your opponent is lining up some kind of burst. Big damage on them and you evade what they're about to do.

Also remember now with Strength traits that our dodges are now unblockable sources of 2-3k damage + 2 or 3 stacks of might, they're great against Aegis/Block heavy classes, so throwing out an extra dodgeroll for unblockable damage and more might can sway a fight in your favour - Lots of people forget that our dodges hit hard so they're rarely countered. This is why I use Energy on my Greatsword, it allows me to be more aggressive whilst running some Marauder/Toughness Runes. I'm innately tanky whilst pumping out large numbers.

Hydromancy/Agility is a great choice, no one is denying that but I really enjoy having extra dodges for damage. Lots of people run Energy/Hydromancy, Energy/Agility or Agility/Hydromancy. It's all playstyle preference.