New Character Stories

sheppyk.4810

Hey everyone,

I recently got back into GW2 HOT and been using my Necro reaper build for main purpose, but i was just wondering when creating a new character (got instant level 80 and about 100 tomes) but do you need to complete the story mode again?

I know instant level 80 opens all level 80 waypoints, so apart from collecting hero points do you re-play the story mode or just go collecting and getting ascended gear for Fracs and Raids?

I ask because i want a Warrior and a Revenant build but don't have the time to re-do the whole story so may stick with my necro if so

You don't have to do the personal story first, you can use the story journal to pick which story line you want to do. You do have to play through the expansion stories in order the first time (and I think that's per character so even if you've finished it on another one you can't just jump to fighting Mordremoth), but each storyline is separate. You could start on PoF and then do HoT and then the personal story if you wanted.

BTW just so you know the boost doesn't unlock all level 80 waypoints - it unlocks 1 waypoint in each level 80 map in the core game. It's still a headstart but not as massive as getting a free unlock on all level 80 waypoints.

> @"sheppyk.4810" said:

> Do you know if i can swap my Leftpaw Ascended Axe from my necro to the new account or is it all soulbound?

You can't swap Account Bound gear to another account. You CAN swap it between characters on the same account; just put it in the bank and pick it up on the character you want to use it. And all Ascended gear is Account Bound.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> You don't have to do the personal story first, you can use the story journal to pick which story line you want to do. You do have to play through the expansion stories in order the first time (and I think that's per character so even if you've finished it on another one you can't just jump to fighting Mordremoth), but each storyline is separate. You could start on PoF and then do HoT and then the personal story if you wanted.

They changed them in the expansions. In HOT you only needed to do the prequel on one character (or not even that, you could get into the jungle via your guild hall if you already captured one). With POF you needed to do the pre on EVERY character, although 2nd and thereafter could use the lilly pass if you had it (or the GH trick).

Personally I am against both methods and locking off the living season zones. I like zones you can just walk to whenever like we had for every new zone (barring instances) before S3..

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > You don't have to do the personal story first, you can use the story journal to pick which story line you want to do. You do have to play through the expansion stories in order the first time (and I think that's per character so even if you've finished it on another one you can't just jump to fighting Mordremoth), but each storyline is separate. You could start on PoF and then do HoT and then the personal story if you wanted.

>

> They changed them in the expansions. In HOT you only needed to do the prequel on one character (or not even that, you could get into the jungle via your guild hall if you already captured one). With POF you needed to do the pre on EVERY character, although 2nd and thereafter could use the lilly pass if you had it (or the GH trick).

>

> Personally I am against both methods and locking off the living season zones. I like zones you can just walk to whenever like we had for every new zone (barring instances) before S3..

>

I was talking about playing the story, not just getting into the maps. You can skip the personal story and start on HoT straight away, but you can't choose which part of the HoT story you start on. If you want to attempt story achievements on another character you'll have to play the whole story up to that chapter first.