WvW roamer build I can't test

eldenbri.1059

I cut a tendon in a finger, so I can't finish testing this idea. It's definitely not as durable or good against multiple foes as the old condi chrono build, but it feels like it has potential.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAreRnknBFqhNqBmpBEgilnj6sACgDreQP0FFdx+gDA-jFCFQBsb/BBcKAQoyFFqkCd6DqoSQA8EA+n6PBAQA2ZdWn7MwO35O35O3Z1Z6MduzdmUAZOGA-w

I'm sure many players would prefer mainhand sword, but I've never gotten good with it. Scepter2 lets you move while blocking/evading, and the goal of the build is not to lock down the opponent for a huge shatter. Plus scepter skills scale nicely with power.

The idea is to leverage a steady supply of might stacks to have hard-hitting phantasms and some hard-hitting weapon skills as well. Shatters and phantasm casts get rid of condis.

I think the right strategy is to open with greatsword then switch to scepter - shield. If you can get one clone from mirror blade, one from phantasmal berskerker, and one from scepter 2, then you're ready for a burst sequence right after you get into scepter-shield. I think the right burst is probably: F5 - F4 - disenchanter - gravity well - tides of time - scepter 3. (This is the part I didn't test - I don't know how the timing works with the swiftness.) Then after continuum split ends, you can repeat that sequence and just use shield 4 when you want.

Anyway, if someone feels like testing, I'd love to hear or see the results. I should be able to play again in a couple months. Thx!

Sorry, there are two mistakes in the link above. This should be better

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAreRnknBFqhNqBmpBEgilnj6sACgEDdx+gGoeQP0FF-jFCFQBKUJF60H8P1fY3+DIU5CAeCAVUJoAOFABAQA2ZdWn7MwO35O35O3Z1Z6MduzdmUAZOGA-w

You want Sympathetic Visage for condi removal and Inspiring Illusions for might in Inspirations.

And you want Phantasmal Force in Illusions because you have a lot of might stacks

Thx for the well wishes - surgery went well to repair it. But rehab takes 3+ months

The reason to do the F4 shatter inside the F5 is to give a couple seconds of uninterrupted casting. If you do F5 with 3 clones, the Illusionary Reversion trait means you'll have at least one clone for an immediate F4. I find that a lot of players go for immediate CC as soon as the continuum rift goes down, and you're trying to chain several skills in that window.

Cheers