Not a very good start

KalTaron.4961

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Samnang.1879 said:

> It was fine for me lmao, and I live in australia. Yeah i had like 5 dcs, but it's nothing major.

> 100cm, first boss was bugged, but we just keep ressing the dead ppl lol...

Laughing at the problems of others because it was (somewhat) fine for you... Great going.

Still can't enter the bloody story instance and there seems to be quite a crowd in L.A. with the same problem.

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @Deepcuts.9740 said:

> > Some people saying they had no problems...right. Most likely trolls.

> > I asked in map chat after 5-6 disconnects and re-rolls if everyone else is having frequent disconnects.

> > Two players said they had no problems what so ever. One of the two players was standing right beside me and, as he was saying that, he just vanished. He came back again after ~ 30 seconds and admitted he also had problems but "its not that bad"

> > So people like that come to forums and explain how they were problem free at launch.

> > Either they did not buy PoF, were not in a PoF map or were playing from Anet's HQ.

> >

> I'm not surprised that gung-ho GW2 supporters would downplay their issues (whether on purpose or because they have rose-colored glasses on). People need to keep in mind that experience is subjective and reports are not analytic data but tinged with the player's emotions about the situation also. For both sides.

>

> That said, after playing MMOs since Ultima Online I try to never play new content on release day. I'm going to try it tonight but expect there will still be problems. If I was going to take time off work or plan an event I would wait at least a few days.

Yes, there is always some problems on release of any software product, be it a website or major productivity software. It happens. It is why developers HATE doing a release on a Friday. I had to do a release yesterday morning but it was over my request for user testing. Usually the bugs are relatively minor (except to the users who inflate everything) though.

I do have Monday off and hope this disconnect bug will be fixed. I have Monday off because I worked on a day off though so it is not the end of the world if I spend the day reading my kindle instead. I did boggle at the people that took all of Friday, I took 2 hours but that is par for the course on a Friday afternoon because I never want to be partway into a change before I will be out of the office for several days.

> @KalTaron.4961 said:

> > @Samnang.1879 said:

> > It was fine for me lmao, and I live in australia. Yeah i had like 5 dcs, but it's nothing major.

> > 100cm, first boss was bugged, but we just keep ressing the dead ppl lol...

>

> Laughing at the problems of others because it was (somewhat) fine for you... Great going.

> Still can't enter the bloody story instance and there seems to be quite a crowd in L.A. with the same problem.

wasn't laughing at other ppl, was laughing cuz idk why i didn't get the same problems even tho im so far away from the servers.

also just try restarting client, my story bugged , i just relogged and it worked.

Done part of the story last night, even though got rolled back and dc/d at least 10 times before giving up. In the morning I continued where I left, done another story instance then tried to follow the quest to another map in Vabbi and now I am stuck. Can not load the game for this character, it takes 10 minutes and then : The game client has lost connection to the server 7:0:0 error

Tried 6 times now, clearing the gw2 cache evry time, lowering the settings to the minimum, nothing helps. Loading other characters was ok, until I tried to play the story with another char. That one is also bugged now, can not load it. Not really interested in playing other stuff as someone here suggested, want to play the new map but I can not log in with my main character on that map, who has by the way all the endless logging tools, who I use to play wvw, t4 fractals and raid with...so I wonder, how much longer now ? It has been like this for hours.

Should I send a ticket ? I guess with all the people complaining it would take a month before someone gets it... Not only I can not play PoF, I can not play anything I am used to before the expansion. Does not seem right.

Shouldn't people expect these bugs from Anet? Like is this new?

I understand the frustrations but small staff, big bugs. I would of thrown my computer through a wall if I had a DC just after getting a precursor.

I think you need to focus your frustration towards the lack of everything.

You don't get map completion rewards

Events fail

No meta events

Maps are not that big, if you walk on foot they are.

No sense of team work(other than maybe the bounties)

Will the maps be alive in a few months when there isn't a reason to stay?

Only mount masteries?

Only gliding stayed into the PoF maps from HoT masteries?

These are a few things that concern me. These maps will be dead in a short while, and we will be hit with "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" posts.

Those who managed to play without issues, congratulations. Personally i have managed to finish the first story instance this evening after many disconnects/errors, although it crashed upon trying to leave the instance. Now i cant even log in again to LA. I KNOW it is day 1, i KNOW there are issues, but when the hype is built by the team, and the playerbase it seems shoddy that this does happen without any REAL interaction. meh

> @Streaks.5076 said:

> You guys complaining need to get a better computer, zero problem here.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The issues (at least here in the EU) are caused by their servers. It`s mostly dc`s, connection problems, servers rolling back, sync issues between clients and server, and so on. I have a more than decent PC and i spent most of today and yesterday evening logging in -> loading screen -> crash to desktop -> repeat. For an AAA title, this is a shame, especially since they did their "stress test" (lol...) and were well aware of what issues their servers had.