[Suggestion] Make currencies searchable

Waflix.2503

Just a minor feature suggestion/request: Make currencies searchable.

When I open my inventory and click the Wallet, I get confronted with dozens of currencies (42 of them, to be precise). Currently, if I want to check the number of Machetes I have, I can either scroll through the list until I eventually stumble upon Machetes, or I can filter by category (in this case "Keys", though I'm also tempted to select "Map Currencies" because Machetes are map-specific keys) and then scroll through anyway.

I think this process could be sped up enormously if a search bar was added to the interface similar to the one found in the Inventory screen. Perhaps this search bar could function in combination with the category dropdown box.

I understand that this is not exactly a game-breaking issue, but it's something that annoyed me a couple of times.

Thank you for reading!

> @"Waflix.2503" said:

> Just a minor feature suggestion/request: Make currencies searchable.

>

> When I open my inventory and click the Wallet, I get confronted with dozens of currencies (42 of them, to be precise). Currently, if I want to check the number of Machetes I have, I can either scroll through the list until I eventually stumble upon Machetes, or I can filter by category (in this case "Keys", though I'm also tempted to select "Map Currencies" because Machetes are map-specific keys) and then scroll through anyway.

>

> I think this process could be sped up enormously if a search bar was added to the interface similar to the one found in the Inventory screen. Perhaps this search bar could function in combination with the category dropdown box.

>

> I understand that this is not exactly a game-breaking issue, but it's something that annoyed me a couple of times.

> Thank you for reading!

The issue with making things more convenient is that people get used to it being the norm and continue demanding more. The wallet was a significant improvement, there are IMO many other more important aspects which require attention. A list of 42 currencies is really not that large, perhaps next you'll want to make it voice-activated? or for skills to be autocast?

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"Waflix.2503" said:

> > Just a minor feature suggestion/request: Make currencies searchable.

> >

> > When I open my inventory and click the Wallet, I get confronted with dozens of currencies (42 of them, to be precise). Currently, if I want to check the number of Machetes I have, I can either scroll through the list until I eventually stumble upon Machetes, or I can filter by category (in this case "Keys", though I'm also tempted to select "Map Currencies" because Machetes are map-specific keys) and then scroll through anyway.

> >

> > I think this process could be sped up enormously if a search bar was added to the interface similar to the one found in the Inventory screen. Perhaps this search bar could function in combination with the category dropdown box.

> >

> > I understand that this is not exactly a game-breaking issue, but it's something that annoyed me a couple of times.

> > Thank you for reading!

>

> The issue with making things more convenient is that people get used to it being the norm and continue demanding more. The wallet was a significant improvement, there are IMO many other more important aspects which require attention. A list of 42 currencies is really not that large, perhaps next you'll want to make it voice-activated? or for skills to be autocast?

I'm not demanding anything, I'm _suggesting_ something which I think will improve my experience. Admittedly, it's not that big a thing, hence why I started my post with "a **minor** feature suggestion/request". Adding the wallet was a great improvement over the old system, and I am grateful for that. And yes, there are more important aspects that require attention, but I'm sure the developers at Arenanet know how to prioritise.

Finally, your argument that I might request voice-activated search controls is a perfect example of a slippery slope argument. It would be absurd for anyone to request such a feature to be implemented because there is nothing similar in the game right now. On the other hand, since many other parts of the interfaces provide us with search bars, it would not be a stretch to suggest adding a similar functionality elsewhere.