Next elite spec weapon

BobbyT.7192

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I'd be interested in seeing staff (or alternatively scepter) make a comeback as a ranged shadow magic weapon, or a similar concept. While both OH sword and Torch also appeal to me, a second staff elite spec would create a precedent that the devs don't have to use a weapon that no other spec can wield.

I voted for off-hand sword, but in reality any off-hand weapon addition will be disappointing and lackluster due to the initiative system. We wouldn't get nearly as potent or useful abilities that another profession would get out of a new off-hand weapon simply because initiative would allow us to use them multiple times.

People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

they're all thinking of katanas

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

>

> they're all thinking of katanas

ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> >

> > they're all thinking of katanas

>

> ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

i think a "ninja" spec would fit thief, i just don't see how that would be much more different from regular thief.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > >

> > > they're all thinking of katanas

> >

> > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

>

> i think a "ninja" spec would fit thief, i just don't see how that would be much more different from regular thief.

regardless, greatsword would never fit into either one and i think off-hand sword would still fit better for "ninja" than a greatsword.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > > >

> > > > they're all thinking of katanas

> > >

> > > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

> >

> > i think a "ninja" spec would fit thief, i just don't see how that would be much more different from regular thief.

>

> regardless, greatsword would never fit into either one and i think off-hand sword would still fit better for "ninja" than a greatsword.

well, that's pretty obvious.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> >

> > they're all thinking of katanas

>

> ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

Wretched arguments against GS fail... Sniper noobs got a rifle as big as a Greatsword super sneaky I know...

Greatsword --> Kensai with Nodachi = Katana with GS-size

Longbow --> Bountyhunter

After two oriented Power specs it would be great to get a different direction for our next spec.

I would say: Torch for a condi oriented set. Focus for a possible Support/Self sustain set (for either power or condi).

As far as Thief themed weapons, I still expect us to get Axe as a main weapon (Bandit/Brigand class).