• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Sojourner.4621 said:

> > @EpheSOSIayer.6370 said:

> >snip

>

> My first major suggestion to boost DPS is that merged Bristleback is a condi stat pet that gives an extra sharpening stone as it's f1 ability.... F2 is an AoE bleed application. Since only one attack on Lynx merge adds bleeding, I believe that the Bristle is a superior option.

the main reason why bristle is weaker is because the feline 2 ability gives you 4 bleeds (base duration of 10 seconds) on a 16 second cooldown.

that means 40 bleed ticks every 16 seconds

or

150 bleed ticks every minute

meanwhile bristle gives you 5 bleeds (base duration of 5 seconds) on a 30 second cooldown

plus

1 aoe bleed (base duration of 5 seconds) on a 18 second cooldown

that means 66,6 bleed ticks every minute

so felines are almost 3 times as effective for permanent soulbeast mode condi builds as the bristle

> @Bratec.7136 said:

> Sick'em is 10% dmg increase (40% dmg which you can keep up 25% of time). We kinda used to crappy traits and skills for damage, thats why people afraid that if get OKish ability it will be nerfed (same as they nerfed Maul).

>

> So what do we see on screens? 32k? Condi ranger did 30k pre-PoF.

>

> Ele now doing 48k (instead of 37k).

The cooldown is 30s with alacrity, so that alone makes it a 13.3% buff. In practice, it's more than that, because being concentrated in a 10s window means you can combo it with your burst, and burn phases.

That's not to say Sic Em needs a nerf (at least in pve, won't talk about pvp), but it's more than an "OKish" ability.

As for Ele, the 48k benchmark is against a large stationary hitbox, which Ele always excelled at, and yet it never translated that good in real raid scenarios. And it will absolutely get nerfed, so don't treat it like the new norm.

Ty for your video xarallei.

Better use of Dagger auto-attack chain + Pinpoint Distribution + Condis on Golem + Precast Bristle + Precast Dagger 2 are making the differences here. Build and basic rotation is the same. But interesting to see how smart guys get out 5k additional dps. But -to be honest- precast increase dps only once, so after a while I think dps will drop below 40k.

Edit: Wow forgot to use Shortbow 5 for the minor trait of Soulbeast but this is a dps increase as well of course. The only "problem" of this build is that it has really less CC, which was a big pro for cranger in the past. Basically, you can still run Moa/Wyvern at the 2nd spot, but it will be a big dps loss if you use them. So it is more a "emergency CC".

> @xarallei.4279 said:

> How about iboga? That has a cc. Anyone know how its damage is?

> edit: and that sb 5....is that really a big deal on a raid boss though? you can't typically disable them because of the breakbar. Unless the trait works on them despite this.

Thats an interesting question.

Iboga got nerfed, but maybe its still a thing.

I don't understand the min/max crowd. Boasting their dps numbers on a target that doesn't move or fight back. This build is great...if your target is a punching bag. In real world scenarios I wonder how a build like this would fare against other condi builds, especially those that don't depend on flanking or on your enemy standing in traps/bonfire.

> @xarallei.4279 said:

> edit: and that sb 5....is that really a big deal on a raid boss though? you can't typically disable them because of the breakbar. Unless the trait works on them despite this.

Shortbow 5 should work fine against raid bosses, the golem technically has a breakbar and the bonus still triggers! It's actually really well programmed by the devs.

> @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> I don't understand the min/max crowd. Boasting their dps numbers on a target that doesn't move or fight back. This build is great...if your target is a punching bag. In real world scenarios I wonder how a build like this would fare against other condi builds, especially those that don't depend on flanking or on your enemy standing in traps/bonfire.

It's not about boasting. It's meant as a way to compare builds with each other, not a true test of effectiveness.

All builds lose dps in real boss fighting scenarios, by dodging, doing mechanics, moving, having the boss move out of their AoE, etc. Some lose more than others, which is why the golem test is perfect, but all builds are affected.

Specifically for flanking, in raids at least, the tank will control where the boss faces towards, so it's pretty reliable.

> I don't understand the min/max crowd. Boasting their dps numbers on a target that doesn't move or fight back. This build is great...if your target is a punching bag. In real world scenarios I wonder how a build like this would fare against other condi builds, especially those that don't depend on flanking or on your enemy standing in traps/bonfire.

Yea no one is boasting man... It's to help the community compare builds and damage outputs.. every build in the game is going to lose some dps in real encounters. The golem is meant to test what a build can do, and then the players have to take it and put it into practice in a real situation.. there's not a single build out there that isn't effected by a bosses movement.. but in all honesty, this build isn't effected all that much. Just like condi ranger, when that was extremely good in raids, you won't have to worry too much about flanking or traps If you know the mechanics. Tanks control where the boss faces , where the boss moves, you'll be able to flank in most situations. You'll be able to place your traps and bonfires well in most situations. You'll still be able to hit similar numbers in most situations.

Do you understand Weight Lifting? same concept. No one's boasting, it's to help te community find out the most optimal (dps wise) rotation and build for that class. Let's assume two people are playing the same class, both have mastered the mechanics and barely have any problems with whatever they are hitting, let's say Deimos, rotations and builds will decide here. Also, if u fail a mechanic, u should find your way back to the optimal rotation to stabilize things. If you don't understand the min/max crowd, concept, they u do not play raids, fractals or dungeons probably.

> @xarallei.4279 said:

iboga brings

120 ticks of confuse per minute with the 2 ability - altough with the limitation that it only works on stationary targets due to the ground aoe

and in theory 108 ticks confusion + 36 torment ticks with the 1 ability

just in theory because of the short cooldown of the 1 ability. you don't have the time to hit it every 5 seconds as other skills are more important/give you more/stronger damage ticks

again all ticks for this calculation are baseline mechanics with 0 expertise

so in the current wonky setup (wonky because the soulbeast pet skills are mostly pathetic in their current state)

felines for encounters with a mobile target for flat 150 bleed ticks every minute (scales with 6 % of condition damage)

and iboga for stationary fights or fights with multiple clumped up targets for (potentially) 228 confusion ticks and 36 torment ticks per minute (scaling with 6 % and 9 % respectively)

I am assuming this is using krait runes to maximize bleeding duration? What if it was run with afflicted runes instead and say, malice and venom sigil, giving 100% to both Bleed and poison duration (admittedly at a 6% condi damage loss)? Soulbeast with dagger applies a lot higher number of poison stacks than core ranger with axe, which is a large part of the DPS increase... so I was curious if it would be worthwhile trying to max the durations of both instead of just one.

Edit: Or alternately if it would be worth the Trapper/Nightmare combo to maximize the durations of other condis as much as possible in the case of using Iboga (brings the total to... 89.07% for all conditions I think?)

> @Sojourner.4621 said:

> I am assuming this is using krait runes to maximize bleeding duration? What if it was run with afflicted runes instead and say, malice and venom sigil, giving 100% to both Bleed and poison duration (admittedly at a 6% condi damage loss)? Soulbeast with dagger applies a lot higher number of poison stacks than core ranger with axe, which is a large part of the DPS increase... so I was curious if it would be worthwhile trying to max the durations of both instead of just one.

>

> Edit: Or alternately if it would be worth the Trapper/Nightmare combo to maximize the durations of other condis as much as possible in the case of using Iboga (brings the total to... 89.07% for all conditions I think?)

You end up at 89.59% (+10% from Oppressive Superiority) = 99.59% condition duration with Nightmare/Trapper runes, which I believe is probably the most optimal choice right now.

Good to see this work out after all when I think about the last time we talked about this on the old forums. Most people had their doubts.

Was hoping that that 10% condition duration from OS combined with Malice sigils would indeed be enough to justify the old nightmare/trapper runes over krait since it is a more effective set of runes with this wide spread of conditions. The recent buffs to dagger help a little of course and I also hope they allow us to swap pets inside beast mode at some point to give us the ability to swap between two sets of usuable condition skills.

Also, we knew this would happen but it is still kind of sad to have to resort to racial skills as a DPS option even as a soulbeast.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> Turns out most of this min/maxing might be for naught...

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/3992/46-59k-dps-brace-yourselves-for-the-inevitable-nerf-sledgehammer#latest

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-5S14W2XyM

No it's not.

Have a read on that topic and you know why the damage is that high (Quickfire and Tome#5 share effects with allies around you, that damage is added to your own).

You can see in the video that a friend of him is helping out, So Quickfire and Tome#5 act like 2 people do it (might even be more if clones/phantasms also get this buff).

If grace of the Land showed up as our own DPS then Druids would be on top of the DPS charts, or how about the dps values of quickness and Alacrity, or the 25 might stacks that some classes share to the whole group? They all don't show for the player on their dps sheet, but in this case the burn from the guardian does.

If he were to dps test this solo he would not even reach 30k.

> @Skuzz.6580 said:

> If he were to dps test this solo he would not even reach 30k

I don't recall raids and T4 fractals being solo content.

But if we're playing the "no helpers" game then people should be posting their dps numbers without perma boons. Lets see how far ranger dps falls when we don't have perma alacrity speeding up our quick swaps and you have to spam dagger 3 to keep quickness up for the auto.

> > @Skuzz.6580 said:

> > If he were to dps test this solo he would not even reach 30k

>

> I don't recall raids and T4 fractals being solo content.

>

> But if we're playing the "no helpers" game then people should be posting their dps numbers without perma boons. Lets see how far ranger dps falls when we don't have perma alacrity speeding up our quick swaps and you have to spam dagger 3 to keep quickness up for the auto.

All dps tests are done SOLO(apart from this one..which is the reason it is that high) with the same perma buffs. so I don't get what you are going for with this response?

If all dps test would be done without any buffs you will see a lot of changes in the benchmark results from all specs..

The point of my post was to tell you how he got that high dps number.

> @Skuzz.6580 said:

> > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > @Skuzz.6580 said:

> > > If he were to dps test this solo he would not even reach 30k

> >

> > I don't recall raids and T4 fractals being solo content.

> >

> > But if we're playing the "no helpers" game then people should be posting their dps numbers without perma boons. Lets see how far ranger dps falls when we don't have perma alacrity speeding up our quick swaps and you have to spam dagger 3 to keep quickness up for the auto.

>

> All dps tests are done SOLO(apart from this one..) with the same perma buffs. so I don't get what you are going for with this response?

> If all dps test would be done without any buffs you will see a lot of changes in the benchmark results from all specs..

> The point of my post was to tell you how he got that high dps number.

No, you're point was to pretend that qT is playing some trick to over inflate their numbers.

Did you miss the part of the video where the clones were naked?

They're there to trigger the effects that are counted as the Firebrand's DPS by the system itself. Not to contribute to damage beyond that.

> > @Skuzz.6580 said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > @Skuzz.6580 said:

> > > > If he were to dps test this solo he would not even reach 30k

> > >

> > > I don't recall raids and T4 fractals being solo content.

> > >

> > > But if we're playing the "no helpers" game then people should be posting their dps numbers without perma boons. Lets see how far ranger dps falls when we don't have perma alacrity speeding up our quick swaps and you have to spam dagger 3 to keep quickness up for the auto.

> >

> > All dps tests are done SOLO(apart from this one..) with the same perma buffs. so I don't get what you are going for with this response?

> > If all dps test would be done without any buffs you will see a lot of changes in the benchmark results from all specs..

> > The point of my post was to tell you how he got that high dps number.

>

> No, you're point was to pretend that qT is playing some trick to over inflate their numbers.

>

> Did you miss the part of the video where the clones were naked?

>

> They're there to trigger the effects that are counted as the Firebrand's DPS by the system itself. Not to contribute to damage beyond that.

I think you need to seriously re-read my replies...

"No, you're point was to pretend that qT is playing some trick to over inflate their numbers.", say what now? No that was not my point lol...

"Did you miss the part of the video where the clones were naked? " uuh no, I literally said: You can see in the video that a friend of him is helping out, So Quickfire and Tome#5 act like 2 people do it (**might even be more if clones/phantasms also get this buff**).

"They're there to trigger the effects that are counted as the Firebrand's DPS by the system itself. Not to contribute to damage beyond that." This is exactly what I said.. He has a friend with him that adds to his own damage because of Quickfire and Tome#5 (see above)

Please don't discuss about the firebrand here.

Compared to the old benchmarks 40k or even 35k is a great number. Since the raids haven't changed with the expansion there is no reason to argue that condi soulbeast is useless because some other build outdamage it. Moreover you can be happy if this is the case: The balance team will more likely nerf the more powerful builds instead of this one.

So I don't see any reason why we have to discuss this further here.