New computer, 1 account

OK, I feel this may sound uneducated; however, in computers, I am, so be it :(

I am looking to buy a gaming laptop, so I can choose to play when away. My main is a desk top at home, and has been for years.

So my question is this...Will I need to buy another full version of GW2/PoF to have access on my new laptop? If not, how do I make sure the files transfer to have full access to all I have from my desktop. Been playing this game since its launch, and never needed to consider this before.

Thanks in advance.

Of course not.

You can transfer the entire GW2 folder(s) from your PC tower to your laptop via a **USB or external hard drive**. Make sure it has enough room to fit GW2 on it though. The only thing you may need to be aware of is the GW2 client security check/SMS verification or whatever it's called when you try to login from another location/PC. So make sure you have your mobile ready if you've secured your account in that way.

I've got one of them 100 GB external hard drives to transfer movies, games etc and I recommend getting one especially if you need to back up any important files.

Hope that helps.

You can play your account on multiple computers, anywhere - any time. The only thing you can't do is log into your account from multiple devices at the same time. All your account information is server-side, with the exception of some of your options. You need only copy your .dat file and place it on the new computer, as well as download the launcher.

Good luck.

> @"Zephyra.4709" said:

> Of course not.

>

> You can transfer the entire GW2 folder(s) from your PC tower to your laptop via a **USB or external hard drive**. Make sure it has enough room to fit GW2 on it though. The only thing you may need to be aware of is the GW2 client security check/SMS verification or whatever it's called when you try to login from another location/PC. So make sure you have your mobile ready if you've secured your account in that way.

>

> I've got one of them 100 GB external hard drives to transfer movies, games etc and I recommend getting one especially if you need to back up any important files.

>

> Hope that helps.

If I remember correctly, the third party authentication only triggers when you access from another location. So a different machine on your home network should not trigger it. But you are correct, when it is on a laptop, when travelling, you'll need to bring your third party authentication device (most likely a mobile phone) with you.

Wait wait wait, the one thing you HAVE to save is your GW2 screenshots. Don't forget those. I don't think there is video capture support so that should be it. Everything else is pretty much server side I.E. they store it. A BIG MUST IS TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT NAME. Some people forget what their password is or even their account name because its auto saved and if enough time passes you might forget. Also make sure to know your email and password that is linked to your gw2 account. So lets review....

1. Save Screenshots

2. Save GW2 Account name and Password

3. Make sure you know and save your Email Address and Password that is linked to your GW2 account.