25k Worldly Impact

Matt H.6142

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > Don't know. I personally don't play soulbeast because i don't like OP broken stuff. Why anybody else play or don't play soulbeast is a mystery for me. And by "no one has been able to replicate that" [you mean how there are hundreds of videos and screenshots of soulbeasts one-shoting people over and over again?](https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy "you mean how there are hundreds of videos and screenshots of soulbeasts one-shoting people over and over again?")

> Best thing you know what? That 26K came from a maul, no wordly impact, as it is show in the log. =)

> Probably stealth, smoke from pet, Gs2, GS3 for stealth, swap weapons, wordly impact. We have to give it to the ranger, that combo is not easy to pull off.

>

> I agree soulbeast is becoming a meme but all classes are becoming one at this point.

>

>

It's ridiculous. Atm I run a meme build that is a/d + GS, all traits and 2/rds + elite dedicated to damage and still impacts reach only 7-9k and my mauls 8k. You really have to commit to the fullest to use 25k memebuilds lol

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > Don't know. I personally don't play soulbeast because i don't like OP broken stuff. Why anybody else play or don't play soulbeast is a mystery for me. And by "no one has been able to replicate that" [you mean how there are hundreds of videos and screenshots of soulbeasts one-shoting people over and over again?](https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy "you mean how there are hundreds of videos and screenshots of soulbeasts one-shoting people over and over again?")

>

> That's a poor excuse. You have a clear bias for ranger, and let me quote you; *Delete it. Outright just delete it.* You have no clue how ranger even works, *Infinite healing, infinite damage, infinite CC.* (there are these things called 'cooldowns', idk if you're familiar with them. Not to mention you have said *Still require a very good player to shine.* Backtracking much?

>

> I am not speaking of 25k-30k hits. I know people have managed those. I'm speaking of the single instance of a 57k hit, which you mentioned in your original comment. This is an anomaly no one has been able to replicate.

Baseless accusations and nothing more. You assume that i don't know how ranger works because i dislike how overpowered it is? That's ridiculous.

P.S. did you even see that i quoted a person showing screenshot of 57k damage? Ask that person how he was hit for so much.

P.S.S. are you trying to imply that 25-30k hits aren't broken beyond anything ever?

> @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > @"Loboranto.1698" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > 25k? Eh, hard to believe. Screenshot?

> > > What build for most damage-- something like this maybe

> > >

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTnEqAd8iVsAuCCctglEB7JAsCmZ5R3qb31p0dsadnw63SD-jJhIABHVGg7HAAAXAAd2fAA

> >

> > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441569501234987008/468099144049885186/image-3.jpg here is your screenshot

>

> Since POF hit i kept saying that Soulbeast is broken. Everybody laughed then. Well, nobody is laughing now. Nobody laugh at 57k hit.

I'm laughing ^^.

On a serious note though, that build has 3 "scholar bonuses": Rune of scholar, oppressive superiority and loud whistle. If you hit the SB once, their damage drops ~33%. Allowing a full glass SB to get to 25 might, without hitting them to remove those 3 bonuses, is either bad play on the enemies part or the SB blew their wh5, heal and merge while also blowing their defensive stealth early. It is definitely possible to counter this. Even if someone dies, the rest of the team should be able to focus the SB down super fast and you should focus the SB for the rest of the match. As someone that has tried to hit those rediculous numbers in unranked and rarely succeeded, I think it's "balanced." Balanced doesn't mean fun to fight against though. A "simple" fix without nerfing most other ranger playstyles would be making wordly impact a multi-hit ability. MoC/AoO and remoresless wouldn't affect all pockets of damage.

1. One shot builds are gimmicky and have most often 0 survivabbility.

2. Worldly Impact is only hittable from stealth and needs high amounts of setup otherwise its easy avoidable and telegraphed

3. Achievable only with AoO, Sickem, ferocious pet, 25 stacks of might, all possible crit dmg modifiers available,fury and it has to crit too. Only then you can hit these high numbers.

Ofc you can still oneshot earlier but this does not invalidate my previous points.

Its satisfying to pull off but easy to counter.

> @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > @"Loboranto.1698" said:

> > > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > > 25k? Eh, hard to believe. Screenshot?

> > > > > What build for most damage-- something like this maybe

> > > > >

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTnEqAd8iVsAuCCctglEB7JAsCmZ5R3qb31p0dsadnw63SD-jJhIABHVGg7HAAAXAAd2fAA

> > > >

> > > > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441569501234987008/468099144049885186/image-3.jpg here is your screenshot

> > >

> > > Since POF hit i kept saying that Soulbeast is broken. Everybody laughed then. Well, nobody is laughing now. Nobody laugh at 57k hit.

> >

> > Then pray tell why has soulbeast not been meta since PoF. Pray tell why no one has been able to replicate that 57k hit.

>

> Don't know. I personally don't play soulbeast because i don't like OP broken stuff. Why anybody else play or don't play soulbeast is a mystery for me. And by "no one has been able to replicate that" [you mean how there are hundreds of videos and screenshots of soulbeasts one-shoting people over and over again?](https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy "you mean how there are hundreds of videos and screenshots of soulbeasts one-shoting people over and over again?")

Hundreds? Exaggerate much?

Troll elsewhere

I've heard of some people talking about the ability might be bugged as of the most recent patch. So for all I know there very well could be some weird soulbeast one shot builds running around.

That being said worldly impact even with the buff, is hellishly easy to dodge and predict compared to everything else that can hit you from stealth. As the op has shown themselves as they were able to adapt well enough to know when to dodge only after being surprised by it once. Since the op has had their question answered via this thread and the one they linked, how about we don't derail this thread into something it's not meant to be.

> @"Matt H.6142" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

>

> > I've landed 35k today using this. You could get way more damage attacking a target with 25 vuln while having Coliseum sword and kill buffs.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47047/60-000-damage-from-1-ability-is-that-normal

>

> It's a thing.

Thanks matt. This post was made LONG before that one was.

And one balance patch in between the 2 posts.

I commented plenty on that post.

And yeah with 25 vuln and coliseum buff and the stars aligned, on the 6th day of the 6 month , the moon has to be at just the right position.....

and the chances you just get rolled instead of doing anything is amazing. One guy has been running this and has been running builds like this for quite a long time.

And honestly I don't care.

Why?

Its a pain to pull off. Go try to play it and tell me how well you do.

It doesn't win PvP matches.

> @"Xenash.1245" said:

> I've heard of some people talking about the ability might be bugged as of the most recent patch. So for all I know there very well could be some weird soulbeast one shot builds running around.

>

> That being said worldly impact even with the buff, is hellishly easy to dodge and predict compared to everything else that can hit you from stealth. As the op has shown themselves as they were able to adapt well enough to know when to dodge only after being surprised by it once. Since the op has had their question answered via this thread and the one they linked, how about we don't derail this thread into something it's not meant to be.

its not easy to dodge if you do it from stealth.

Havent you heard? Soulbeast is op now (/sarcasm)