lost my alt account password and email...anyway to get it back?

basically ive just returned after an 8 months break, my pc got wiped and i lost allota my stuff, kept my main account (this one) thankgod but i lost my alt account.

ive got the email, and i remember semi what the password maybe was but ive tried multiple combinations

is their anyhope for me at all haha

TIA~cheers

You need to offer some proof of ownership. When you submit a ticket (go to support at the top of this page), you can do so. You will get a questionaire. It is important you fill in as much as you can.

The more gaps, the harder it will be to evaluate your ownership claim.

> @"Prolordn.7239" said:

> I'm going through the same issue, one can only hope.. iv been sitting on "We'll look into that for you" that was 4 days ago, Arenanet needs to love there customers more... it is where they get there money after all..

It also has to do with security. If it was a very easy situation, without a doubt, you would have been helped. If they have issues recognising you as the rightfull owner. I rather have them investigate as long as they need, cause frankly, the answer they can give now is that there is insufficient proof and they can not help

There is definitely other ways to find out if it's someone account, a serial code should not HAVE to be your lifeline to recovering you account, iv had 2 accounts.. it's been played off the same I.P. everytime, everything traces back to me. i bought my last of Guild Wars 1 4 years ago. It's kinda sick that you need a serial code to change a password.. makes it very difficult for anyone who already had the game. We all spent money on this game and I myself have been playing 8+ years. to be told you can't have your account back because you don't have a serial code is beyond me. 8+ and we still don't even have a customer service line to call.. Iv had the same Blizzard account for 10+ years.. just shows who really wants your money and who actually appreciates their customers

You don't need a Serial Code to change your password; the CS Team uses many different pieces of information to determine account ownership.

As for phone support, a company like Blizzard has many, many more resources than a smaller studio like ArenaNet. Remember, there is no monthly subscription to pay for features such as that.

Good luck.

Then please explain how I can change my password without my serial code, I can get into the email and everything. shouldn't be a problem, but it asked for the game key now, it's an original guild wars account?

Arenanet is bigger then what it use to be and growing, guildwars has been around for ages now, people spend some real money on content and special items including the latest expansion. I just feel like some type of customer service line woulda been brought into the works by now, would be more beneficial for difficult issues and concerns.

You contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

The CS Team tried phone help in GW1 and it was not productive. They/ArenaNet feel the customer base is served best, at this time, via ticket submissions. I'm sure when they have the kind of income Blizzard has, they will institute more options.

(Pro-tip: Always keep your Serial Codes for any game in a safe, accessible-to-you-only place.)

So there is actually no way of changing a password if you don't have your gamekey without contacting customer support and making a ticket. so that doesn't really answer the question. but I'm well aware there are smaller companies with Phone lines, but things happens, people move, places get destroyed, people have lives. not everyone has the game key sitting right next to them for 10years. that's what brings us here, Him and I. woulda been better if I could call a support line and take 30-1 hour of my time. instead I been waiting on a 1 week ticket and posting on forums.. so what's really easier...? Guild wars 2 has been released awhile now.. lets evolve already. Iv definitely spent my fair share of money between 3 account.. my concern is valid. whos really looking out for us?

> @"Prolordn.7239" said:

> So there is actually no way of changing a password if you don't have your gamekey without contacting customer support and making a ticket. so that doesn't really answer the question. but I'm well aware there are smaller companies with Phone lines, but things happens, people move, places get destroyed, people have lives. not everyone has the game key sitting right next to them for 10years. that's what brings us here, Him and I. woulda been better if I could call a support line and take 30-1 hour of my time. instead I been waiting on a 1 week ticket and posting on forums.. so what's really easier...? Guild wars 2 has been released awhile now.. lets evolve already. Iv definitely spent my fair share of money between 3 account.. my concern is valid. whos really looking out for us?

Sure there is, log on to your account on guildwars2.com, go to services on the main menu, my account. Open the security tab, on the left hand side look for password, then click the edit link next to it. All you need is your old password to change it.

> @"ShiningSquirrel.3751" said:

> > @"Prolordn.7239" said:

> > So there is actually no way of changing a password if you don't have your gamekey without contacting customer support and making a ticket. so that doesn't really answer the question. but I'm well aware there are smaller companies with Phone lines, but things happens, people move, places get destroyed, people have lives. not everyone has the game key sitting right next to them for 10years. that's what brings us here, Him and I. woulda been better if I could call a support line and take 30-1 hour of my time. instead I been waiting on a 1 week ticket and posting on forums.. so what's really easier...? Guild wars 2 has been released awhile now.. lets evolve already. Iv definitely spent my fair share of money between 3 account.. my concern is valid. whos really looking out for us?

>

> Sure there is, log on to your account on guildwars2.com, go to services on the main menu, my account. Open the security tab, on the left hand side look for password, then click the edit link next to it. All you need is your old password to change it.

>

It might be difficult to log on without knowing one's password; perhaps, that's the issue in this thread for some posters.

> @"Prolordn.7239" said:

> So there is actually no way of changing a password if you don't have your gamekey without contacting customer support and making a ticket. so that doesn't really answer the question. but I'm well aware there are smaller companies with Phone lines, but things happens, people move, places get destroyed, people have lives. not everyone has the game key sitting right next to them for 10years. that's what brings us here, Him and I. woulda been better if I could call a support line and take 30-1 hour of my time. instead I been waiting on a 1 week ticket and posting on forums.. so what's really easier...? Guild wars 2 has been released awhile now.. lets evolve already. Iv definitely spent my fair share of money between 3 account.. my concern is valid. whos really looking out for us?

> @"STRUDDY.5406" said:

> i got it back :D the support team was quick and straight to the point, cheers everyone :+1:

@“prolordn.7239

Phonelines are very expansive when going over borders. The OP’s reaction shows it is very effective to make a ticket, obviously the fastest way to gain acces to your account is to not forgot the login details and store them in a safe spot,