42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the UK i tried a VPN via canada west and I'm currently able to login. I had to restart the launcher too which is perhaps why east and central US/Canada didn't work but I don't really want to retry unless I have to, lol. Hopefully my ping isn't going to be terrible!

Edit: My ping is terribibble.

Well its obviously a server prob on the login. It cant be an individual problem as multiple people has this issue. VPNs and complicated ip and dns changes should not be a solution (unless its individual) to a wide ranging server problem. Just going to have to wait it out. But like Chibber says above Anet should at least comment so we know they are aware of the situation.

> @"andy.8035" said: yes not our problrm aloot of us from ausrralia haveing same issue i was in the middle of commanding and got booted and cant long in been neally 4 hours how much longer?

> > @"andy.8035" said:

> > > @"Tomas.6092" said:

> > > I understand there is a way to overcome this issue with VPN, but since many people having same problem, Anet should do something about it. :?

> >

> >

>

>

> @"andy.8035" said:

> > @"andy.8035" said: yes not our problrm aloot of us from ausrralia haveing same issue i was in the middle of commanding and got booted and cant long in been neally 4 hours how much longer?

>

> > > @"andy.8035" said:

> > > > @"Tomas.6092" said:

> > > > I understand there is a way to overcome this issue with VPN, but since many people having same problem, Anet should do something about it. :?

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Give them time, it's still early time in the office. Appropriate persons might not be available to fix it just yet. They'll get to it eventually, don't worry. I'm using windscribe to log in, it's free for you guys who also don't want to/can't pay for one. Will uninstall it once this issue is fixed. If you use it, set the location as "US East" and make sure your game launcher is closed or it won't register the change. If you've done it right it'll ask for your SMS/email/etc authentication and then you'll be able to login.

> @"Chibber.7891" said:

> Why should we have to pay for VPN's when this is clearly an Anet issue that they should be fixing and informing us about...I already payed to play this game I'm not paying for a VPN to play it as well....repair the kitten servers and give us some info Anet.

It's 5 AM for ArenaNet, so it may take a few hours. Using a VPN is only the solution for people wanting to fix the problem right now, rather than potentially waiting all day. There are free ones, https://www.tunnelbear.com/ being a popular choice, whereas support has recommended WTFast and proXPN in the past.