42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

> @"Zenaide.3046" said:

> I confirm that **Virgin Media UK too is blocking** the cligate.101.ncplatform.net and similar.

> I have gone and disabled my "virus safe" option with virgin media and login works.

> **I have reported it to virgin on their "websafe" reporting form, but it would be good if others reported it to**, as it is the weekend...

thanks for the help, just a quick question tho, im using a asus router and the superhub in "modem mode" connected to it, so if i disable the virus safe in the virgin options will i still be protected by the asus routers firewall? and if you could tell me were to disable the virus safe in the virgin options? thanks in advance

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Zorrander.3674" said:

> Can anyone advise how to disable the **websafe** on virgin media. Logged onto my router but can't see any options. It's a super hub 3

You have to log in to your account online rather than the router. Go to Apps - Websafe and turn both options off. I've just tried this and it works for me but I had to reboot the PC before it took effect.

> @"Ryanpanda.5623" said:

> Issue fixed in Australia, Darkhaven NA, Telstra. Removed Telstra Protect, reset my router. INSTANT access.. That's something super simple, why's it a problem now.

Good for you. I removed the Protect program with no success. I logged off, rebooted, waited for another program to update, but still nothing.

It is working on my laptop with mobile dongle via telstra 4G. Weird.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Piggy Malone.9501" said:

> > The silence from Anet is staggering. Even if they said "sorry this is beyond us, off to bed and we'll sort it on Monday" would at least be a start!

>

> Yeah, but it’s 1.30am where Anet is based. As much as I’d like an update soon. I think we’ll be waiting a while.

Ok but my point is why didn't they say something before they buggered off

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Piggy Malone.9501" said:

> > The silence from Anet is staggering. Even if they said "sorry this is beyond us, off to bed and we'll sort it on Monday" would at least be a start!

>

> Yeah, but it’s 1.30am where Anet is based. As much as I’d like an update soon. I think we’ll be waiting a while.

it wasn't 1.30am 10 hours ago. or 15 hours ago when this started (at least for me.)

> @"dude.2950" said:

> Hi, I tried login in today after a month. I got this same error, tried everything that forums suggested.

> I'm also on virgin in London.

> Please help.

i can confirm that once "virus" safety from virgin media is deactivated i can now log in, virgin media users need to log into their virgin media account on virgins website NOT the ROUTER, once logged in, you will need to go to MY APPS> WEB SAFE then turn VIRUS SAFE off, this should be safe, i dont know much about stuff like this, but i presume its just like a extra anti virus feature from virgin, you should still be protected by routers firewall and your anti virus on the computer, HOPE THIS HELPS!! :)))

Well, same issue here, on Virgin Media in UK and getting their web safe thing telling me that cligate.101.ncplatform.net is unsafe and has been blocked.

Hope that Arenanet can contact someone in their tech team, because from my experience phoning tech support is useless and this is what I get when I try to report that web safe has blocked a safe URL:

![](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWyn-3FW0AETh0Y.jpg "")

Posted this on Twitter too in response to the GW2 account mentioning Virgin Media in case someone there will see it.

@"Host Tar.8436" I didnt do anything with command prompts just changed the DNS server .... I am on on windows 10 and this was my procedure.....

go to windows icon, go to settings, network and internet, change adaptor options, choose either wifi or ethernet (whichever you are connected by) right click, properties, double click the IPV4, check the "use the following DNS server" and enter 8 8 8 8 in preferred and 8 8 4 4 in alternative and then tick the validate settings box...

This worked for me anyway but I am not responsible if it goes wrong :P and my partner got into GW2 with this as well but couldnt then go online on Horizon

I have seen some posts that say to make a note of the IP address you have so you can swap it back but mine obtains it automatically so I didnt need to note anything

Hope this helps !

Helps protect your home broadband network

Web Safe

Virus Safe Off

Child Safe Off

So for me and i hope for others on Virgin media - go to your account, then find your apps and look for web safe and turn both protection methods off.

This will at least allow you to get back into game, until this is resolved anyway.

But remember if you have children at home and they use the internet, be aware that un-friendly child sites can be accessed, so once finished in game turn the settings back on or monitor your child's activities, as should be standard anyway.

And remember once this is resolved, turn those protections back on for your family safety if needed!

Omega x

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/theinclusives.html

**Scroll down to Your Internet Security Toolkit , and sign in with your own details to access this !**

<3