42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Solomon.8501" said:

> > Be mindful that I couldn't access the in game shop. It gave me an error. So I remove that line again. Looks like we all have to wait for ANet to help us

>

> That's because the fix was just for logging in. The domains that were affected include the BLTC, so if you want to additionally fix that, there are several more domains you need to add.

Oh see. btw adding those domains isn't bad for your game or computer isn't it?

If not, is there any way to obtain the fix for the BLTC. I'm sure people will find this helpful.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Solomon.8501" said:

> Oh see. btw adding those domains isn't bad for your game or computer isn't it?

> If not, is there any way to obtain the fix for the BLTC. I'm sure people will find this helpful.

It doesn't hurt anything, and if anything, it makes it slightly faster to initially connect since it's no longer querying the IP. The only problem is the IP can change, so eventually you'll no longer be able to connect with this.

For the BLTC, try:

54.88.70.117 tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 gemstore-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 exchange-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 gemstore-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 exchange-live.ncplatform.net

> @"maelys ashe.9017" said:

> Email from GW Support at 0609 PST. I quote part

> "We currently do not have a definitive solution, with that being said I've kept my eyes on forums and I see a lot of players are finding a work around to access the game! Specifically with Telstra, players state that when they remove/disable the Telstra Protect, and then reset their router they seem to be able to connect to the game! "

>

> When I stopped rofl I replied to the effect that I'd already tried removing Telstra Protect (which was free with my package and now, incidentally, I'll be charged for if I want it reinstated), with no success.

> However, it was nice to know they were working on the issue, and occasionally reading the forum up until 7 hours ago, even if the forum has had no statement from Anet for 24 hours.

>

>

> @"Bree.8412" said:

> I just want to add, firstly thanks to everyone who tried to help with this issue.

> I'm on Oz and on Telstra, but unfortunately after trying everything different i have found in the chat about this issue, none of the fixes has resolved this for me. At this point i have run a test for Anet and am awaiting further assistance.

> One thing i find interesting is that after removing the broadband protection from my Telstra account, and discovering for me that this is not a fix, Telstra offers no way to put it back. (if you know anything that can help on this, please post)

> It's now been approx 36 hours since i was last able to log in. IF anyone has any other suggestions that have not yet been posted please put them up. I know i will happily try almost anything at this point.

> Lastly, i do find it a bit odd that Anet has not posted any updates since the start of this matter. I think they really need to let us know they are still working on it.

> Well here's hoping i might make it in soon!

I'd strongly suggest that you both contact Telstra and explain, as best you can and with as much detail as you can, exactly what's happening and why you disabled their Telstra Protect. Hopefully you'll get to speak to someone who understands what you're telling them and they will re-add Telstra Protect to your packages as a "good-will" gesture for all the trouble this has caused you. Remember, the ISP's are **not** completely blameless in this! ;) This will also add your voices to all the others contacting them about this problem, which can only be a good thing! ;)

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Solomon.8501" said:

> > Oh see. btw adding those domains isn't bad for your game or computer isn't it?

> > If not, is there any way to obtain the fix for the BLTC. I'm sure people will find this helpful.

>

> It doesn't hurt anything, and if anything, it makes it slightly faster to initially connect since it's no longer querying the IP. The only problem is the IP can change, so eventually you'll no longer be able to connect with this.

>

> For the BLTC, try:

>

> 54.88.70.117 tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

> 54.88.70.117 gemstore-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

> 54.88.70.117 exchange-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

> 54.88.70.117 tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net

> 54.88.70.117 gemstore-live.ncplatform.net

> 54.88.70.117 exchange-live.ncplatform.net

Yea those didn't work. But ive been using the one for the log in since yesterday. Seems the ip didn't change yet. Still the log in thing might be a temporary fix if someone wants to log in and play

> @"Solomon.8501" said:

> Yea those didn't work. But ive been using the one for the log in since yesterday. Seems the ip didn't change yet. Still the log in thing might be a temporary fix if someone wants to log in and play

Unfortunately, the -dfw- ones change based on location. Here's a few more you can try, but you'll likely need to find out which ones you're actually using yourself.

You can try guessing your country code, replace the -fra- one if you're EU or -dfw- for NA.

54.93.170.13 tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net

54.93.170.13 gemstore-fra-live.ncplatform.net

54.93.170.13 exchange-fra-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 cms-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 loading-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 gemstore-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 exchange-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 gemstore-live.ncplatform.net

54.88.70.117 exchange-live.ncplatform.net

34.205.103.240 cligate.101.ncplatform.net

You'll also need to restart GW2 if you already had it open. Also delete all gw2cache folders in the %temp% folder, since it can actually cache the bad response. (enter %temp% into a folder's address bar or into WindowsKey+R to open the folder)

To find out yourself, you can download this DNS sniffer (direct), run it as an administrator, then start GW2 and open the BLTC tabs. It should log all of the requests, the first being as soon as you start the launcher. Once you've found which ones you need to override, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and lookup the IP using Google's DNS like this:

nslookup tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net 8.8.8.8

> @"Dragonbone.4397" said:

> So whats Arenanet actually doing about this? I havent seen any 'official' comments anywhere.... 2 whole days now cant log in, any longer and I will be wanting game time credit on my Patron Account.

Then you haven't fully read this entire thread now have you, otherwise you would have seen the two posts back on page 4 from different Anet staff stating they are aware and investigating, along with requesting some info to help them track down the actual issue. Others have said that Anet have also posted about the issue on social media sites as well, although it seems as though they haven't posted anything new for a while.

Having read tones of info on 'I can't log in ' - Just like to say thank you. To all of you for the information and your time to write about this problem- Not much good at exploring how to fix things but personally I think it is up to Arena to fix this- Hopefully someone will make an announcement soon - :)

I am so glad I found this thread - just so that I know I am not the only one with this issue down here in Australia.

I have logged a ticket already and I am yet to hear back. My game client has been down the last three days with this stupid Error 42, but I never got bumped, I just haven't been able to get in. I have tried removing my antivirus and suspending my firewalls, and I have done the port forwarding thingo that ArenaNet Support suggests on my router. I have also re-installed my client, tried logging in on my husbands computer, and even switched out my router with a Telstra (provider) spare with no difference. I don't think the client is actually even connecting to the server as I have purposefully tried logging in with incorrect details to see if I would get a different result, and I still got the old error 42.

If this is an ArenaNet issue, I am somewhat relieved. I was here thinking that I was going to have to wait until I could change internet providers before I would get to log into my game again -.-

> @"dukette.9051" said:

> Glad to finally see I am not the only one (also on Telstra). I'm not going to tweak and do all this stuff just to get into the game.. worked before so it should work now. Sigh....

Yeah I am feeling much the same. Either fix it ANet, or I am not playing anymore. I have other games to go on to. It is sad though, if this is it. I have been in this game since the beginning.

> @"Donutdude.9582" said:

> Be mindful folks that ArenaNet may not have an update yet. I know we are all craving for more information on this but I see little point in the community team updating us when all we want is an ETA for a fix.

>

> Be patient. They'll get there!

Well, why don't they tell us they don't have an update yet? Customer service at its worst.

> @"Piggy Malone.9501" said:

> Well, why don't they tell us they don't have an update yet? Customer service at its worst.

Personally, I see little point in an ArenaNet staff member coming on here to tell us that they have no update but are continuing to work the problem. That is a given really. What do you think they're doing? Chilling at their desks with a nice cuppa and laughing at all of the people suffering? Of course not! They're working hard because they care about their product.

Just relax. Let them work the problem.

> @"omegazone.9254" said:

> Helps protect your home broadband network

> Web Safe

>

> Virus Safe Off

> Child Safe Off

>

> So for me and i hope for others on Virgin media - go to your account, then find your apps and look for web safe and turn both protection methods off.

> This will at least allow you to get back into game, until this is resolved anyway.

> But remember if you have children at home and they use the internet, be aware that un-friendly child sites can be accessed, so once finished in game turn the settings back on or monitor your child's activities, as should be standard anyway.

> And remember once this is resolved, turn those protections back on for your family safety if needed!

> Omega x

>

> http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/theinclusives.html

> **Scroll down to Your Internet Security Toolkit , and sign in with your own details to access this !**

>

>

>

> <3

just want to re quote this as it works for virgin media at least and can be freely turned back on once a solution is found!

The problem lies with ISp whom database have marked gw2 server's as unsafe, and until they update the database issue will remain

this to a point is out of Anet control, but they can advise isp's that the server is safe and sure this is happening already!

> @"Piggy Malone.9501" said:

> Well, why don't they tell us they don't have an update yet? Customer service at its worst.

If you actually contact support, they'll give you an update. In short, there's nothing they can actually do to fix it themselves, so they'll tell you to use Google DNS or complain to your ISP.

ArenaNet could tell you this, but they probably never will, so what happened was ncplatform.net was flagged for being malicious/spam. This was an attack on GW2, where rather than attacking GW2 itself, they spammed reports on GW2's domains. The few services that actually use these unverified crowd sourced reports thus blocked access to the domains for your safety, which prevents you from accessing the login servers and other services. There's actually nothing wrong with the game itself, your ISP (or security software) is just preventing you from accessing it. Because these providers are the actual problem, ArenaNet has no power, so they can only file a complaint and wait for them to fix it. It should be resolved by Monday, which is likely why they haven't said anything, since they're hoping it'll be fixed any time now; some already are.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Piggy Malone.9501" said:

> > Well, why don't they tell us they don't have an update yet? Customer service at its worst.

>

> If you actually contact support, they'll give you an update. In short, there's nothing they can actually do to fix it themselves, so they'll tell you to use Google DNS or complain to your ISP.

>

> ArenaNet could tell you this, but they probably never will, so what happened was ncplatform.net was flagged for being malicious/spam. This was an attack on GW2, where rather than attacking GW2 itself, they spammed reports on GW2's domains. The few services that actually use these unverified crowd sourced reports thus blocked access to the domains for your safety, which prevents you from accessing the login servers and other services. There's actually nothing wrong with the game itself, your ISP (or security software) is just preventing you from accessing it. Because these providers are the actual problem, ArenaNet has no power, so they can only file a complaint and wait for them to fix it. It should be resolved by Monday, which is likely why they haven't said anything, since they're hoping it'll be fixed any time now; some already are.

I get all that so thanks very much. However, why should it be left for you to inform me?

> @"Bree.8412" said:

> I just want to add, firstly thanks to everyone who tried to help with this issue.

> I'm on Oz and on Telstra, but unfortunately after trying everything different i have found in the chat about this issue, none of the fixes has resolved this for me. At this point i have run a test for Anet and am awaiting further assistance.

> One thing i find interesting is that after removing the broadband protection from my Telstra account, and discovering for me that this is not a fix, Telstra offers no way to put it back. (if you know anything that can help on this, please post)

> It's now been approx 36 hours since i was last able to log in. IF anyone has any other suggestions that have not yet been posted please put them up. I know i will happily try almost anything at this point.

> Lastly, i do find it a bit odd that Anet has not posted any updates since the start of this matter. I think they really need to let us know they are still working on it.

> Well here's hoping i might make it in soon!

Telstra offered to re-instate Broadband Protect Free, at cost. It was only free as part of an initial NBN signup drive. They're a business. They don't give 2 hoots as to why I removed it. In fact, because I play games lacks any cred when I talk to them, I find. I had to call them as there was nowhere I could see to do it from my account screen.

For the record, I flushed the DNS cache, the NetBIOS cache and the modem cache, thinking faulty information might remain in the two latter.

No joy.