42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Etherien.1436" said:

> I don't know how to get to the clinet or the dial log, how can I find them to send them on?

Hi there. To generate a client log, make a shortcut to your Guild Wars 2 executable. If you can't remember where you installed it, right-click on any shortcut and you should have the option to "Open File Location". Make a shortcut of the executable (or if you want simplicity), a copy of your existing shortcut. In that copy, under Properties in the "Target" field, add -log at the end of the file.

For the diagnostics file, do the same thing but instead use -diag instead.

Run the -log shortcut until you get the error.

Run the -diag shortcut until it is finished.

To get the -log file, hit WIN+R or open Windows Explorer and type %APPDATA% into the field. From there, navigate to "Guild Wars 2" - the log you need is "Gw2.log".

To get the -diag file, navigate to My Documents, then Guild Wars 2. You should see "NetworkDiag.log".

Attach these files to your support ticket.

*For more information about command line parameters, [this wiki article](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments) is helpful.*

> @"Cheeky Git.4632" said:

> > @"Etherien.1436" said:

> > I don't know how to get to the clinet or the dial log, how can I find them to send them on?

>

> The file, NetworkDiag.log, will be located in your game directory or "Documents\Guild Wars

add -diag log

to the target file after the "" in shortcut properties same as if you were doing -repair on the game

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> > Hi all, we're continuing to work on this. I know it's irritating and I'm really sorry. :( It's not fun for us either–we'd rather have you logged in and playing. It's kinda why we're all here.

> >

> > The teams working on this have asked for some information from you. Those of you who are having login issues, can you [submit a support ticket](https://help.guildwars2.com "submit a support ticket") with your location, if you're playing on NA or EU worlds, ISP, client log, and -diag log. That will help us sort this out more quickly.

> >

> > Again, I'm sorry you guys are having login issues, and thanks in advance for helping us sort them out!

> >

>

> How do you get the client log and the -diag log? I've no idea what any of that is

Mine was in C:\Users\Cheeky\Documents\Guild Wars 2

> @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> Hi all, we're continuing to work on this. I know it's irritating and I'm really sorry. :( It's not fun for us either–we'd rather have you logged in and playing. It's kinda why we're all here.

>

> The teams working on this have asked for some information from you. Those of you who are having login issues, can you [submit a support ticket](https://help.guildwars2.com "submit a support ticket") with your location, if you're playing on NA or EU worlds, ISP, client log, and -diag log. That will help us sort this out more quickly.

>

> Again, I'm sorry you guys are having login issues, and thanks in advance for helping us sort them out!

>

As has been stated in previous posts, all connect except

cligate.101.NCPlatform.net.

62.252.172.241:6112 - connect failed

> @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> Hi all, we're continuing to work on this. I know it's irritating and I'm really sorry. :( It's not fun for us either–we'd rather have you logged in and playing. It's kinda why we're all here.

>

> The teams working on this have asked for some information from you. Those of you who are having login issues, can you [submit a support ticket](https://help.guildwars2.com "submit a support ticket") with your location, if you're playing on NA or EU worlds, ISP, client log, and -diag log. That will help us sort this out more quickly.

>

> Again, I'm sorry you guys are having login issues, and thanks in advance for helping us sort them out!

>

I'm running a diag log now with my web protect back on so that it has the error. Will submit a ticket titled "URGENT diag.log for current login issue" under the issue option "I can't login" but I haven't worked out how to do a client log or where to find it if it's automatic. Could someone enlighten me please? Thanks!

Aurora Glade. BT Infinity broadband. Location : East Midlands.

Booted out of game at about 9.30am UK time. Tweeted you about your server skritts! Tried for half an hour to log back in, gave up, went to work.

Gutted it’s looking like Servers are still not running smooth, I won’t bother starting my PC up.