> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > > In any case it’s obvious they never intended for SB to be a damage powerhouse, rather a defensive support boon stripper.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I really do not think that's the case.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Look at the following traits:

> > > > > > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait) "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait)")

> > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attacker%27s_Insight

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > These are offensive damage buffs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Next look at Rune of the Spellbreaker:

> > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Spellbreaker

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Mainly a power/precision rune set with more damage buffs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Compare it to Rune of the Scourge:

> > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Scourge

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now **that** is indicative of them thinking Scourge would be mainly a support class. I really do not think the same goes for Warrior. At the very least, they wanted to give us a choice of going high damage or more tanky. You can see that in the trait lines. I don't think people are playing it differently than they expected though. I think they are just off-target with their nerfs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well said. To think that Spellbreaker was meant to be some kind of Guardian-esque supportive tank is grade A balooney.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pretty much, it's meant to be a dueling spec.

> > > >

> > > > Spellbreaker got some tools to duel but he is stronger in group fight.

> > > >

> > > > FC is much harder to trigger when fighting a smart/experienced player in duel, but it is almost guaranteed to trigger in zerg fight and potentially hit multiple targets.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Don't know why I wrote dueling, when I mean't PvP. But yes to me it shines the most in small group fights (1v1 up to 5v5). In a zerg all it does is helps to force the pirate ship with it's bubble. Although lately I've mainly been seeing scourge trains just running on their own red carpet of death. They just run around keeping aoes at their feet and as they move they keep moving the aoes with them, any counter thrown at them seems to have another counter of just add more scourges.

> >

> > Well yes, i think spellbreaker excel in small scale combat, and it is also my most preferred combat scenario.

> >

>

> The only reason why Spellbreaker is percieved as the "zerg spec" is because being a bubblebot is literally the only ability with any kind of zerg-interaction that Warrior has.

>

> In, bubble (and pray you survive) and retreat and wait for it to split up into smaller skirmishes so you can actually fight "for real", lol.

You are also correct here. That’s why i said spellbreaker is actually excel in small scale combat; nobody can survive in multiple overlapped red circle for long anyway, let alone bringing only melee weapon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > > > In any case it’s obvious they never intended for SB to be a damage powerhouse, rather a defensive support boon stripper.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I really do not think that's the case.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Look at the following traits:

> > > > > > > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait) "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait)")

> > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attacker%27s_Insight

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > These are offensive damage buffs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Next look at Rune of the Spellbreaker:

> > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Spellbreaker

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Mainly a power/precision rune set with more damage buffs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Compare it to Rune of the Scourge:

> > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Scourge

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now **that** is indicative of them thinking Scourge would be mainly a support class. I really do not think the same goes for Warrior. At the very least, they wanted to give us a choice of going high damage or more tanky. You can see that in the trait lines. I don't think people are playing it differently than they expected though. I think they are just off-target with their nerfs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well said. To think that Spellbreaker was meant to be some kind of Guardian-esque supportive tank is grade A balooney.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pretty much, it's meant to be a dueling spec.

> > > > >

> > > > > Spellbreaker got some tools to duel but he is stronger in group fight.

> > > > >

> > > > > FC is much harder to trigger when fighting a smart/experienced player in duel, but it is almost guaranteed to trigger in zerg fight and potentially hit multiple targets.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Don't know why I wrote dueling, when I mean't PvP. But yes to me it shines the most in small group fights (1v1 up to 5v5). In a zerg all it does is helps to force the pirate ship with it's bubble. Although lately I've mainly been seeing scourge trains just running on their own red carpet of death. They just run around keeping aoes at their feet and as they move they keep moving the aoes with them, any counter thrown at them seems to have another counter of just add more scourges.

> > >

> > > Well yes, i think spellbreaker excel in small scale combat, and it is also my most preferred combat scenario.

> > >

> >

> > The only reason why Spellbreaker is percieved as the "zerg spec" is because being a bubblebot is literally the only ability with any kind of zerg-interaction that Warrior has.

> >

> > In, bubble (and pray you survive) and retreat and wait for it to split up into smaller skirmishes so you can actually fight "for real", lol.

>

> You are also correct here. That’s why i said spellbreaker is actually excel in small scale combat; nobody can survive in multiple overlapped red circle for long anyway, let alone bringing only melee weapon.

I think the only way that Anet could possibly tone it down today would be that the max stacks player characters can have on them of any condition is brought back down to 25 stacks. Leave stacks unlimited on NPCs but on player characters put it back down to 25, which IMO is still a ton and can easily down people.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > > > > In any case it’s obvious they never intended for SB to be a damage powerhouse, rather a defensive support boon stripper.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I really do not think that's the case.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Look at the following traits:

> > > > > > > > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait) "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_Strike_(trait)")

> > > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attacker%27s_Insight

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > These are offensive damage buffs.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Next look at Rune of the Spellbreaker:

> > > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Spellbreaker

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Mainly a power/precision rune set with more damage buffs.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Compare it to Rune of the Scourge:

> > > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Scourge

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Now **that** is indicative of them thinking Scourge would be mainly a support class. I really do not think the same goes for Warrior. At the very least, they wanted to give us a choice of going high damage or more tanky. You can see that in the trait lines. I don't think people are playing it differently than they expected though. I think they are just off-target with their nerfs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Well said. To think that Spellbreaker was meant to be some kind of Guardian-esque supportive tank is grade A balooney.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pretty much, it's meant to be a dueling spec.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Spellbreaker got some tools to duel but he is stronger in group fight.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > FC is much harder to trigger when fighting a smart/experienced player in duel, but it is almost guaranteed to trigger in zerg fight and potentially hit multiple targets.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Don't know why I wrote dueling, when I mean't PvP. But yes to me it shines the most in small group fights (1v1 up to 5v5). In a zerg all it does is helps to force the pirate ship with it's bubble. Although lately I've mainly been seeing scourge trains just running on their own red carpet of death. They just run around keeping aoes at their feet and as they move they keep moving the aoes with them, any counter thrown at them seems to have another counter of just add more scourges.

> > > >

> > > > Well yes, i think spellbreaker excel in small scale combat, and it is also my most preferred combat scenario.

> > > >

> > >

> > > The only reason why Spellbreaker is percieved as the "zerg spec" is because being a bubblebot is literally the only ability with any kind of zerg-interaction that Warrior has.

> > >

> > > In, bubble (and pray you survive) and retreat and wait for it to split up into smaller skirmishes so you can actually fight "for real", lol.

> >

> > You are also correct here. That’s why i said spellbreaker is actually excel in small scale combat; nobody can survive in multiple overlapped red circle for long anyway, let alone bringing only melee weapon.

>

> I think the only way that Anet could possibly tone it down today would be that the max stacks player characters can have on them of any condition is brought back down to 25 stacks. Leave stacks unlimited on NPCs but on player characters put it back down to 25, which IMO is still a ton and can easily down people.

Yes it is reasonable to have condition cap on player receive end, since player HP is at pve trash mob tier anyway.

It is the most stupid step on anet side for remove player receive end condition cap to begin with.

all of you agree that sb is a spec to fight groups of enemies so smallscale or even zergs, why are you crying then, when they tone down the dmg of sb on single targets ? make core warrior the most power dps spec on bosses and single targets in generell, berserker for those pesky condi player, and sb the more of a utility spec for pvp

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> all of you agree that sb is a spec to fight groups of enemies so smallscale or even zergs, why are you crying then, when they tone down the dmg of sb on single targets ? make core warrior the most power dps spec on bosses and single targets in generell, berserker for those pesky condi player, and sb the more of a utility spec for pvp

How is it possible to make core deal more damage than spellbreaker?

Meta spellbreaker may take Def Dis and SB, buff Str? Who said meta spellbreaker cannot take Str and give up something else? My wvw roaming spellbreaker take Str Def SB...

So buffing core weapons? Which core warrior weapon SB cannot use? None... as a result they nerf SB MH dagger damage.

Core warrior already doing more burst damage over spellbreaker with lv3 burst skill, easier to access lv3 adrenal health and more condition removal with cleanse ire, they are better dueler than spellbreaker especially in experienced hand. On the other hand, Spellbreaker got better tool to handle mesmer clones.

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > all of you agree that sb is a spec to fight groups of enemies so smallscale or even zergs, why are you crying then, when they tone down the dmg of sb on single targets ? make core warrior the most power dps spec on bosses and single targets in generell, berserker for those pesky condi player, and sb the more of a utility spec for pvp

>

> How is it possible to make core deal more damage than spellbreaker?

>

> Meta spellbreaker may take Def Dis and SB, buff Str? Who said meta spellbreaker cannot take Str and give up something else? My wvw roaming spellbreaker take Str Def SB...

>

> So buffing core weapons? Which core warrior weapon SB cannot use? None... as a result they nerf SB MH dagger damage.

>

> Core warrior already doing more burst damage over spellbreaker with lv3 burst skill, easier to access lv3 adrenal health and more condition removal with cleanse ire, they are better dueler than spellbreaker especially in experienced hand. On the other hand, Spellbreaker got better tool to handle mesmer clones.

>

ive been talking about pve, because alot of ppl here were crying because power warrior was finally viable in pve, but now its getting nerfed.

thats why im saying buff core warrior pve dmg so that it becomes viable and change sb to a support utility spec for pvp.

in roaming i also play almost only core warrior

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > all of you agree that sb is a spec to fight groups of enemies so smallscale or even zergs, why are you crying then, when they tone down the dmg of sb on single targets ? make core warrior the most power dps spec on bosses and single targets in generell, berserker for those pesky condi player, and sb the more of a utility spec for pvp

> >

> > How is it possible to make core deal more damage than spellbreaker?

> >

> > Meta spellbreaker may take Def Dis and SB, buff Str? Who said meta spellbreaker cannot take Str and give up something else? My wvw roaming spellbreaker take Str Def SB...

> >

> > So buffing core weapons? Which core warrior weapon SB cannot use? None... as a result they nerf SB MH dagger damage.

> >

> > Core warrior already doing more burst damage over spellbreaker with lv3 burst skill, easier to access lv3 adrenal health and more condition removal with cleanse ire, they are better dueler than spellbreaker especially in experienced hand. On the other hand, Spellbreaker got better tool to handle mesmer clones.

> >

>

> ive been talking about pve, because alot of ppl here were crying because power warrior was finally viable in pve, but now its getting nerfed.

> thats why im saying buff core warrior pve dmg so that it becomes viable and change sb to a support utility spec for pvp.

> in roaming i also play almost only core warrior

Warrior getting nerfed in pve? Where is your source? The up coming balance patch is for pvp and wvw only, unless i was mistaken.

Sounds like both spellbreaker and core war reached similar dps on golem, isnt it good thing no matter core war or SB are viable in RAID?

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > all of you agree that sb is a spec to fight groups of enemies so smallscale or even zergs, why are you crying then, when they tone down the dmg of sb on single targets ? make core warrior the most power dps spec on bosses and single targets in generell, berserker for those pesky condi player, and sb the more of a utility spec for pvp

> > >

> > > How is it possible to make core deal more damage than spellbreaker?

> > >

> > > Meta spellbreaker may take Def Dis and SB, buff Str? Who said meta spellbreaker cannot take Str and give up something else? My wvw roaming spellbreaker take Str Def SB...

> > >

> > > So buffing core weapons? Which core warrior weapon SB cannot use? None... as a result they nerf SB MH dagger damage.

> > >

> > > Core warrior already doing more burst damage over spellbreaker with lv3 burst skill, easier to access lv3 adrenal health and more condition removal with cleanse ire, they are better dueler than spellbreaker especially in experienced hand. On the other hand, Spellbreaker got better tool to handle mesmer clones.

> > >

> >

> > ive been talking about pve, because alot of ppl here were crying because power warrior was finally viable in pve, but now its getting nerfed.

> > thats why im saying buff core warrior pve dmg so that it becomes viable and change sb to a support utility spec for pvp.

> > in roaming i also play almost only core warrior

>

> Warrior getting nerfed in pve? Where is your source? The up coming balance patch is for pvp and wvw only, unless i was mistaken.

>

> Sounds like both spellbreaker and core war reached similar dps on golem, isnt it good thing no matter core war or SB are viable in RAID?

i was refering to ppl like oglaf, who was talking about pve, and still my point stands, that in pvp for groupfighting there should be spellbreaker and core for duells or just pure dmg build, why make sb good for anything so that nobody would even consider core anymore

sb groups+support, core high dps, berserker condi

and with that you would have 3 viable builds for different situations instead of just 2 builds

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > all of you agree that sb is a spec to fight groups of enemies so smallscale or even zergs, why are you crying then, when they tone down the dmg of sb on single targets ? make core warrior the most power dps spec on bosses and single targets in generell, berserker for those pesky condi player, and sb the more of a utility spec for pvp

> > > >

> > > > How is it possible to make core deal more damage than spellbreaker?

> > > >

> > > > Meta spellbreaker may take Def Dis and SB, buff Str? Who said meta spellbreaker cannot take Str and give up something else? My wvw roaming spellbreaker take Str Def SB...

> > > >

> > > > So buffing core weapons? Which core warrior weapon SB cannot use? None... as a result they nerf SB MH dagger damage.

> > > >

> > > > Core warrior already doing more burst damage over spellbreaker with lv3 burst skill, easier to access lv3 adrenal health and more condition removal with cleanse ire, they are better dueler than spellbreaker especially in experienced hand. On the other hand, Spellbreaker got better tool to handle mesmer clones.

> > > >

> > >

> > > ive been talking about pve, because alot of ppl here were crying because power warrior was finally viable in pve, but now its getting nerfed.

> > > thats why im saying buff core warrior pve dmg so that it becomes viable and change sb to a support utility spec for pvp.

> > > in roaming i also play almost only core warrior

> >

> > Warrior getting nerfed in pve? Where is your source? The up coming balance patch is for pvp and wvw only, unless i was mistaken.

> >

> > Sounds like both spellbreaker and core war reached similar dps on golem, isnt it good thing no matter core war or SB are viable in RAID?

>

> i was refering to ppl like oglaf, who was talking about pve, and still my point stands, that in pvp for groupfighting there should be spellbreaker and core for duells or just pure dmg build, why make sb good for anything so that nobody would even consider core anymore

> sb groups+support, core high dps, berserker condi

> and with that you would have 3 viable builds for different situations instead of just 2 builds

Fair enough, pvp/wvw wise, i am actually okay with the dagger nerf because many other classes got nerf on sustain as well, we may see for ourselves after patch hit.