Charr player voice: Please don't!

I am playing a male Charr (_not sure if the following is true for female Charr characters as well_), and everytime he talks I cringe.

There are these disgusting effects added to his voice that make me sick to the stomach. They sound like one of the following:

* he's got too much snot in his sinuses that he is choking on it; or maybe it's hairballs

* he is chewing on a crunchy dog treat, likely a bone

**Could Anet please refrain from using these disturbing effects in future dialogue?** Neither Rox nor Rytlock have them when they talk (Rytlock is occasionally snarling or contemptibly snorting, but that's different), neither do any of the Charr NPCs -- so why does my character have to have it? :(

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I am playing a male Charr (_not sure if the following is true for female Charr characters as well_), and everytime he talks I cringe.

>

> There are these disgusting effects added to his voice that make me sick to the stomach. They sound like one of the following:

> * he's got too much snot in his sinuses that he is choking on it; or maybe it's hairballs

> * he is chewing on a crunchy dog treat, likely a bone

>

> **Could Anet please refrain from using these disturbing effects in future dialogue?** Neither Rox nor Rytlock have them when they talk (Rytlock is occasionally snarling or contemptibly snorting, but that's different), neither do any of the Charr NPCs -- so why does my character have to have it? :(

It's unique to male Charr in Heart of Thorns and later story dialog. My female Charr just sounds like she's hit the whiskey for too long after defeating Zhaitan.

[Lex Lang](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lex_Lang) started playing the male Charr voice in 2016. Before that, it was [Ron Yuan](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ron_Yuan). Lang started off trying to match his predecessor, but in most recent episodes, has tried to give the character his own meow|growl|hiss|voice.

Some people like Lang better; some prefer Yuan. Some hate both, some love both. And many have no idea what the OP and initial respondent are talking about.

The female charr PC voice has this effect too, although it may not be as noticable. I haven't actually completed the later parts of the story on a male charr yet so I don't have the best reference in this case.

The two S3+ episodes where I did play using a male charr, I was happy with what Lang had done. The female charr still have an unfortunately high-pitched voice, though it's not as bad as the release content. Many of the combat effects should have used big cat recordings as their major components too; the only one that has the right sound is an ambush spawn effect (you can hear this when you emerge from a skritt tunnel in the Silverwastes for example).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> [Lex Lang](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lex_Lang) started playing the male Charr voice in 2016. Before that, it was [Ron Yuan](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ron_Yuan).

While I preferred the former voice actor, those effects were _not_ added through voice acting... unless the voice actor has mucus. :/ Those are definitely additionally produced sounds that are being added artificially at the end of each part of a sentence, and I sincerely **hate** them.

> @"Celldrax.2849" said:

> I always thought those subtle noises were a nice touch.

If they _were_ "subtle", I wouldn't mind. But for the longest time now, they have been disgustingly, noticeably overdone. It makes no sense, since no other Charr other than the player character does that. :s If only they would have left things as they were -- some "improvements" are just unnecessary.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> Charr? How about the Grawl? Whenever I'm at one of their village spots I feel almost ill due to the grody sex-noises they're always making. It's disturbing, is what it is!

Very funny. ;)

> @"EpicName.4523" said:

> Poor kitty has some fur stuck in its throat! That's not disgusting, it's alarming. Take your Garfield to the local veterinarian right now!

Now, _that_ was funny. (LOL) :+1: