Ping issues, caused by Amazon servers. Here is my PingPlotter trace.

![](https://i.imgur.com/5hRqQlC.png "")

I normally sit at around 45 ping while in game, but recently that's been around 220-300. Seems there are issues at the Ashburn, VA location with Amazon AWS. Server hops have been coming online, then going offline constantly. I have contacted Amazon in regards to this, and they told me the AWS team would get back to me in 2 days.. by that time it could resolve itself, or perhaps not.

To me it just feels like switching to Amazon servers has been nothing but problems. While the hardware and cost might be cheaper, it's sure not making anyone's experience better if they have to deal with packet loss and connection issues.

The same problem occured for me and 2 others since yesterday evening (not better today). We were raiding and heavy lags made everything impossible. The ping went there up to 4k. in open world I have about the same amount as Vegeta. Only when i don't do anything I average around 30-40.

> @"Vegeta.2563" said:

> To me it just feels like switching to Amazon servers has been nothing but problems. While the hardware and cost might be cheaper, it's sure not making anyone's experience better if they have to deal with packet loss and connection issues.

They didn't really have a choice. NCSoft seems to have shutdown their EU data center, so the EU side at least had to move. They also simply needed more servers.

> @"Vegeta.2563" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/5hRqQlC.png "")

>

>

> I normally sit at around 45 ping while in game, but recently that's been around 220-300. Seems there are issues at the Ashburn, VA location with Amazon AWS. Server hops have been coming online, then going offline constantly. I have contacted Amazon in regards to this, and they told me the AWS team would get back to me in 2 days.. by that time it could resolve itself, or perhaps not.

>

> To me it just feels like switching to Amazon servers has been nothing but problems. While the hardware and cost might be cheaper, it's sure not making anyone's experience better if they have to deal with packet loss and connection issues.

You have a 49% packet loss on hop 1, you saw that right? You really need to take care of that before worrying about other issues. Hop 13 also has 25% packet loss. Neither of those are owned by Anet. You should call your ISP with this and show them.

> @"Ellieanna.5027" said:

> You have a 49% packet loss on hop 1, you saw that right? You really need to take care of that before worrying about other issues. Hop 13 also has 25% packet loss. Neither of those are owned by Anet. You should call your ISP with this and show them.

Pings are a low priority and aren't guaranteed to be responded to. If their own router was actually dropping 49% of all packets, it would be affecting the entire route. It's actually only dropping packets directed at itself. Likewise, hop 13, which is the start of Amazon's network, probably isn't dropping 25%. Hop 14-16 and 17-18 are actually different routes shown simultaneously, hence the count change, where 14-16 is fine, whereas 17-18 appears overloaded.

> @"moere.7031" said:

> I tried to ping yesterday and today aswell and these were the resulting numbers for me:

Were you experiencing something else? Your trace suggests a 15~30ms ping. If you were looking at the higher pings, hop 2 for example, it doesn't actually matter since it doesn't affect your destination. The final hops are what matters, and if you were wondering about the 100% packet loss at the end, that's because the servers intentionally drop pings.

The ping displayed in-game is actually your network latency + server processing time, which will be roughly 10-20ms higher than what you'll see in PingPlotter (15~30ms).

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Ellieanna.5027" said:

> > You have a 49% packet loss on hop 1, you saw that right? You really need to take care of that before worrying about other issues. Hop 13 also has 25% packet loss. Neither of those are owned by Anet. You should call your ISP with this and show them.

>

> Pings are a low priority and aren't guaranteed to be responded to. If their own router was actually dropping 49% of all packets, it would be affecting the entire route. It's actually only dropping packets directed at itself. Likewise, hop 13, which is the start of Amazon's network, probably isn't dropping 25%. Hop 14-16 and 17-18 are actually different routes shown simultaneously, hence the count change, where 14-16 is fine, whereas 17-18 appears overloaded.

Well the fact that they show a 49% packet loss at their router means something is going on right at their house. They really should call their ISP and figure out what that is. That's how you troubleshoot, you see an issue, you deal with it. If it was like 1-2 it shouldn't be an issue, but the fact that their router is losing 49% of anything sent, that's an issue.

As an Australian based player i never had amazing ping but it was playable since the move to amazon servers this is no longer the case........

Really depressing me as a love the game and just wan't to play it i would kill for a steady 250 ping at this stage

Just Bought Path of Fire, went in played 5 mins my player teleproted from places to places abit.. never had a chance to do much combat. Delays real bad. Cutting trees is like a 5 seconds thing. Now it's like in real life where by it takes a few minutes to cut one tree down. Are they trying to scam our money or something.

> @"Runeangel.5980" said:

> Just Bought Path of Fire, went in played 5 mins my player teleproted from places to places abit.. never had a chance to do much combat. Delays real bad. Cutting trees is like a 5 seconds thing. Now it's like in real life where by it takes a few minutes to cut one tree down. Are they trying to scam our money or something.

I just realise I can even play Dota 2 / Rainbow six on NA but not GW2. What is going on?

https://ibb.co/mq6YTS